OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brianb905 View Post
    I don't think she misunderstood. She doesn't own the mount guide. It isn't out yet. She would have had to pay for all 11 guides just to get the mount guide. I'm sure the mount guide, at buyout price, wouldn't be more than a few months worth of the full sub. If there isn't a buy option, there should be the option to sub to mount only, at a lower price of course.
    She previously said she owned leveling, events and dailies guides.

"stop the subscroption lose all the guides...so I would have had no choice but to pay to continue the leveling or dailies and events guides...."

That is untrue. Thus, I think she misunderstood.

Comment

Originally posted by manicmaniac View Post
      She previously said she owned leveling, events and dailies guides.

"stop the subscroption lose all the guides...so I would have had no choice but to pay to continue the leveling or dailies and events guides...."

That is untrue. Thus, I think she misunderstood.
      LOL...She most definitely misuderstood that portion.

Comment

Thanks

As an "old" memebr I appreciate your decision to scrape the sub program. If you have a program I like, I for one will buy it to own rather than pay a rental sub fee.

Comment

Personally I would prefer one-time fee, thank you for your attention to customers' opinion

Comment

Please offer both options (Priced to where buying it outright is a better long term value for hardcore players)

Casual players like myself were pretty stoked about subs and I would hate to buy them outright and then find out subs are an option a month later...

Comment

TY

Hello Zygor, thank you for the relief, I was wondering if the release date for the other new guides will be the same or it has changed now?

Comment

Originally posted by religionflag View Post
                Hello Zygor, thank you for the relief, I was wondering if the release date for the other new guides will be the same or it has changed now?
                The release is still on schedule for Tuesday, October 4th.
                Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

THANK YOU...

... for listening.

I was so disgusted by the thought of having to pay a monthly fee that I didn't even bother to read the forum or anything. After all, if you've bought the guides you want and you purchase upgrades when necessary, paying a subscription fee as well surely is double-dipping as someone mentioned before.

Because I was so disappointed in you Zygor, I am now doubly happy that you dropped the idea. I'm sure there's lots of us that haven't posted too.

Also, odd that the people that want subscriptions are responding to the thread that you changed your mind. Lol, where were they when you initially floated the idea???

Anyway, I LOVE your guides. Awsome job with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Anwen View Post
                    ... for listening.

I was so disgusted by the thought of having to pay a monthly fee that I didn't even bother to read the forum or anything. After all, if you've bought the guides you want and you purchase upgrades when necessary, paying a subscription fee as well surely is double-dipping as someone mentioned before.

Because I was so disappointed in you Zygor, I am now doubly happy that you dropped the idea. I'm sure there's lots of us that haven't posted too.

Also, odd that the people that want subscriptions are responding to the thread that you changed your mind. Lol, where were they when you initially floated the idea???

Anyway, I LOVE your guides. Awsome job with them.
                    They didn't "float the idea". They advertised it as what was going to happen. Why would folks who read the post and watched the video and liked the idea take time to post?

Zygor didn't listen to their customers as a whole. They listened to their wallets. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by manicmaniac View Post
                      They didn't "float the idea". They advertised it as what was going to happen. Why would folks who read the post and watched the video and liked the idea take time to post?

Zygor didn't listen to their customers as a whole. They listened to their wallets. Period.
                      You've made your point about 20 times in this thread now. We understand your point of view and will take it into account, but please give it a rest. It's not happening right now, but may in the future. Any further posts by you harassing every single member that posts will be removed. Thanks.
                      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                        You've made your point 25 times in this thread now. We understand your point of view and will take it into account, but please give it a rest. It's not happening right now, but may in the future. Any further posts by you harassing every single member that posts will be removed. Thanks.
                        This will be my last post. My intent, and tone was not directed at harassment. Simply to express my frustration with Zygor's actions. I'm not alone, either.

Many folks misunderstood the many benefits of the subscription model. Ultimately, having both payment options and detailed explanations of both will ultimately benefit everybody.

Yes, Zygor has left a bad taste in my mouth, and more so now. This whole thing was poorly handled. That's not an insult, just my observation and opinion. Zygor will see no more of my business.

Life goes on.

Peace.

Comment

No more extra charging

I was seriously very upset by the idea to have to pay every month instead of one-time fee to get extra content. Thanks for letting that go. I think pets and mounts guides ought to be part of the achievement guide. Its just not fair that you would charge anything and make it look like a new guide, while it basically is one of the achievements (mountain of mounts for example) . The achievement guide is not at all complete yet. I think I already spent enough money on your guides. Future members often get discounts when they buy everything, well I think the existing members should get the lowest price possible for expansions, they are the ones paying again and again, just to stay complete. I also own the Dugi guides, and they added pets and mounts guides for free .

Comment

Originally posted by Atruehero View Post
                            The achievement guide is not at all complete yet.
                            I'm not sure why you think that. We haven't released any details about what content is in our Professions and Achievements guide. That's all to come later this week.

I also own the Dugi guides, and they added pets and mounts guides for free .
                            You're going to find that every guide vendor charges differently for their content. If you want to make the Dugi comparison, we added a massive amount of content to our Leveling guides for the Loremaster achievement absolutely for free. On the other hand, Dugi's Loremaster content is sold as an entirely separate guide and he charges $30.00 for it.
                            Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Shucks and Oh Well

I was really excited about the subscription plan. I will be patiently waiting for the option to "subscribe". It is a good idea which hopefully won't be discarded so easily. Kudos, though, for listening to the majority even though I wasn't a part of the group.
                              Last edited by Kamchak; October 1, 2011, 03:49 AM. Reason: removed the quoted OP from Zygor.

Comment

Smart & Caring ---can't get any better than that!

You guys are great! You just guessed wrong about what the majority of your customers want, but as soon as you figured that out you made a very smart business decision to fix it. A lot of companies would be so full of pride that they wouldn't do what you did. You showed that you're a VERY smart company and that you truly do CARE about your customers. I would never pay a subscription fee for the guides, but now that I know I can buy them out right, I plan to add all of the new guides to the ones I already have. --Did you hear that family? Hanukkah is coming up soon! hint hint

Comment

Working...
                                X