OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brightumbrae
    replied
    Thank you for not going the subscription route. Right now an extra amount of money going out monthly, no matter how small, just isn't doable for my family right now. I do have to say, because of the whole subscription fiasco I was trying out many different guides to see if I could find a comparable one that I liked. In the end (even before this announcement) I had to admit that I there wasn't one I liked even equally as good as Zygor's. It gives just the right amount of information, is compact, easy to use, and customizable enough that I can't find anything that comes close. So an amazing job on the guide and thank you for listening to your customer base.

Leave a comment:

• szasha
    replied
    Originally posted by venom925 View Post
    Wow, so my wife is not the only one who can only be bribed by the 2 of the 3 (house and laundry) you listed. I now dont feel so alone
    My husband already does the housework... he enjoys it Lucky me! So imagine what he gets for buying me the guides... lol

Leave a comment:

• eusmist
    replied
    I can see where you would want to move to a subscription service, I think it was just too abrupt (at least in the way it was put forward). Offering both options and maybe giving credits to current owners based on when they purchased might make a smoother transition. (I've only had the guides for a couple months and I was thinking "crap, I just paid the lump sum now I'm going to have to pay the monthly as well...)

Leave a comment:

• szasha
    replied
    Even though I am happy with this decision, I am surprised at the number of ppl here that have been complaining about the sub that are now saying "in all honesty, I would have preferred the sub"... it truly is like having the whole family over for Thanksgiving.... lol

Leave a comment:

• venom925
    replied
    Originally posted by kalfeer View Post
    Only suggestion I might have for future changes would be maybe have a more transparent process. If you are contemplating a change explain in some detail why, and possibly invite customer feedback openly through polls, surveys or open forum discussions. I do not have a lot of time to keep up with threads here so forgive if this was already done in past. I realize as a company you do not want to reveal too much of your business model to competitors, but in at least one of those cases I would not go back to their product if it was the last guide on the market. I really believe seeking more detailed user input would only increase the feeling of community ownership that already exists here.
    Wow, I dont think I could have said it better.

Leave a comment:

• kalfeer
    replied
    I also apologize if my post came across differently than I intended. Stress of work and lack of sleep can do that. I simply meant to indicate why I would not be choosing a subscription model.

That said I believe you have exemplified the greatest possible business model here. You made a decision to try something new for your customers, but then had the courage to back away and listen to them. That takes guts, something a lot of big corporations...and governments...are too stubborn/clueless to do. You deserve nothing but praise for your handling. Customer secured here.

Only suggestion I might have for future changes would be maybe have a more transparent process. If you are contemplating a change explain in some detail why, and possibly invite customer feedback openly through polls, surveys or open forum discussions. I do not have a lot of time to keep up with threads here so forgive if this was already done in past. I realize as a company you do not want to reveal too much of your business model to competitors, but in at least one of those cases I would not go back to their product if it was the last guide on the market. I really believe seeking more detailed user input would only increase the feeling of community ownership that already exists here.

Leave a comment:

• paulious
    replied
    Just a quick question, I remember when Zygor made a big thing about upgrading to the latest guides and we would get a selection of free guides as well things like the Archaeology Guide etc, are the new profession guides, Mount and vanity pet guides going to be like that or are the in game guides.

I also wanted to say i liked the idea of subscription, would have been easier to budget rather than having to find a lump sum, if the guides are around $15 each like the dailies then we are talking alot of money to outlay in one go.

Your still the best in the market and i am very supprised Blizzard have not made you an offer you cant resist

Leave a comment:

• drhamp
    replied
    I personally liked the subscription option also. I don't know what the overhead cost would be, but if possible, why not offer both - then everyone's happy.

Leave a comment:

• cabby
    replied
    Just watched it again. The video says they'll be releasing more info about the new guides on Oct. 1st, not the guides.

Leave a comment:

• lostlogic
    replied
    Originally posted by cabby View Post
    I think the preview video on the main page right now said Saturday. I'm not positive tho and will have to watch it again. The countdown on the main page says 5 days.
    The video says October 1st

Leave a comment:

• dudedafool
    replied
    Just checked Facebook again, does seem the guides will be out on the 4th, New and Old guides.
    With the prices will be about 25-40 bucks, like normal.

Subject to change of course.

Leave a comment:

• cabby
    replied
    Originally posted by lostlogic View Post
    So... Does this mean the new guides will be out early?
    I think the preview video on the main page right now said Saturday. I'm not positive tho and will have to watch it again. The countdown on the main page says 5 days.

Leave a comment:

• dudedafool
    replied
    Originally posted by lostlogic View Post
    Per what I've seen on facebook, all guides including the new ones will be for sale again on Oct 4th.

Leave a comment:

• dudedafool
    replied
    Originally posted by tjstalcup View Post
    This confirms it. It had nOthing to do with complaints and more to do with putting the horse before the cart. Why tease us. I'm done with this thread, this site and all it's products. You've made an angry customer for life. A customer who used to spread your name as gospel online even when being made fun of for using a leveling guide. Now this customer will be blogging and explicitly helping to maintain a negative association with the word Zygor. You've proven again that you are all abou promising more than you can deliver.
    You sound like one of my exes.

However, best of luck.

And since you claim you won't be back, best of luck in life.
    Also, at the end of the day... this is a leveling guide... for a video game. Why get soooooooo worked up for something so small?

Best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• lostlogic
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X