OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabby View Post
    I think the preview video on the main page right now said Saturday. I'm not positive tho and will have to watch it again. The countdown on the main page says 5 days.
    The video says October 1st

Comment

Just watched it again. The video says they'll be releasing more info about the new guides on Oct. 1st, not the guides.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I personally liked the subscription option also. I don't know what the overhead cost would be, but if possible, why not offer both - then everyone's happy.

Comment

Just a quick question, I remember when Zygor made a big thing about upgrading to the latest guides and we would get a selection of free guides as well things like the Archaeology Guide etc, are the new profession guides, Mount and vanity pet guides going to be like that or are the in game guides.

I also wanted to say i liked the idea of subscription, would have been easier to budget rather than having to find a lump sum, if the guides are around $15 each like the dailies then we are talking alot of money to outlay in one go.

Your still the best in the market and i am very supprised Blizzard have not made you an offer you cant resist

Comment

I also apologize if my post came across differently than I intended. Stress of work and lack of sleep can do that. I simply meant to indicate why I would not be choosing a subscription model.

That said I believe you have exemplified the greatest possible business model here. You made a decision to try something new for your customers, but then had the courage to back away and listen to them. That takes guts, something a lot of big corporations...and governments...are too stubborn/clueless to do. You deserve nothing but praise for your handling. Customer secured here.

Only suggestion I might have for future changes would be maybe have a more transparent process. If you are contemplating a change explain in some detail why, and possibly invite customer feedback openly through polls, surveys or open forum discussions. I do not have a lot of time to keep up with threads here so forgive if this was already done in past. I realize as a company you do not want to reveal too much of your business model to competitors, but in at least one of those cases I would not go back to their product if it was the last guide on the market. I really believe seeking more detailed user input would only increase the feeling of community ownership that already exists here.

Comment

Originally posted by kalfeer View Post
              Only suggestion I might have for future changes would be maybe have a more transparent process. If you are contemplating a change explain in some detail why, and possibly invite customer feedback openly through polls, surveys or open forum discussions. I do not have a lot of time to keep up with threads here so forgive if this was already done in past. I realize as a company you do not want to reveal too much of your business model to competitors, but in at least one of those cases I would not go back to their product if it was the last guide on the market. I really believe seeking more detailed user input would only increase the feeling of community ownership that already exists here.
              Wow, I dont think I could have said it better.

Comment

Even though I am happy with this decision, I am surprised at the number of ppl here that have been complaining about the sub that are now saying "in all honesty, I would have preferred the sub"... it truly is like having the whole family over for Thanksgiving.... lol

Comment

I can see where you would want to move to a subscription service, I think it was just too abrupt (at least in the way it was put forward). Offering both options and maybe giving credits to current owners based on when they purchased might make a smoother transition. (I've only had the guides for a couple months and I was thinking "crap, I just paid the lump sum now I'm going to have to pay the monthly as well...)

Comment

Originally posted by venom925 View Post
                    Wow, so my wife is not the only one who can only be bribed by the 2 of the 3 (house and laundry) you listed. I now dont feel so alone
                    My husband already does the housework... he enjoys it Lucky me! So imagine what he gets for buying me the guides... lol

Comment

Thank you for not going the subscription route. Right now an extra amount of money going out monthly, no matter how small, just isn't doable for my family right now. I do have to say, because of the whole subscription fiasco I was trying out many different guides to see if I could find a comparable one that I liked. In the end (even before this announcement) I had to admit that I there wasn't one I liked even equally as good as Zygor's. It gives just the right amount of information, is compact, easy to use, and customizable enough that I can't find anything that comes close. So an amazing job on the guide and thank you for listening to your customer base.

Comment

Originally posted by szasha View Post
                        My husband already does the housework... he enjoys it Lucky me! So imagine what he gets for buying me the guides... lol
                        OMG so much win right there I dont even know where to start

Comment

I would have left. Thanks for keeping it the way it is.

$7.99 per month is OVER 50% of what we pay for a WoW subscription every month.

$7.99 is $95.88 EVERY YEAR.

A peson would have to be insane to pay that kind of money. This was a massive price increase disguised as a subscription plan.

I think you underestimate just how many of your customers are casual gamers. This type of pricing would only work on hard core nut balls.

Comment

A wise move and one that I can live with even if I would prefer that I could pick and choose between each of the options rather than between the 3 mini bundles but I do understand the tradeoff of maintaining 3 extra SKU

Comment

Originally posted by paulious View Post
                              Just a quick question, I remember when Zygor made a big thing about upgrading to the latest guides and we would get a selection of free guides as well things like the Archaeology Guide etc, are the new profession guides, Mount and vanity pet guides going to be like that or are the in game guides.
                              According to the one announcement he made over the last couple days it said in game for the new guides.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by tedhogan View Post
                                $7.99 per month is OVER 50% of what we pay for a WoW subscription every month.

$7.99 is $95.88 EVERY YEAR.

A peson would have to be insane to pay that kind of money. This was a massive price increase disguised as a subscription plan.

I think you underestimate just how many of your customers are casual gamers. This type of pricing would only work on hard core nut balls.
                                It's actually a price DEcrease

95 a year is a lot less money then say 400 all at once. (The guides cost 20 to 40 separately, and there's ten of them... and this is for one faction only)

Comment

Working...
                                X