Guild Wars 2 Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update (11/17/12, 1AM PT):
    • Fixed a bug with trait and item cooldowns. They will now carry over properly after players are defeated and revived.
    • Fixed issues with the Lost Shores event content.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Really late on this:

Hi,
      We’d like to bring further clarification as we’re about to begin Phase 2 in 15 minutes (Saturday November 17 at 12:00 PM PST / 9:00 PM CET) :
      Here are the Phase 1 steps that you need to make sure you completed before Phase 2 starts:
      1. Talk to Inspector Ellen Kiel in the Grand Piazza of Lion’s Arch
      2. Examine the wreckage on the shore in Lion’s Arch west of Sanctum Harbor waypoint
      3. Return to Kiel with the soggy bag
      4. Talk to Consortium Subdirector Blingg at the new Consortium Gift Shop point of interest, northwest of Fort Marriner in Lion’s Arch
      5. *Receive the map fragment. *
      The subsequent steps of Phase 1 can be finished after Phase 2
      1. Defeat Noll and his bodyguards (this is currently bugged and we’ll push a fix for that later)
      2. Find Canach in Garenhoff
      3. Defeat Canach (this NPC is currently on a timer)
      4. Return to Kiel for your reward.
      Other dynamic events are not required for completing Phase 1.
      All players will be able to play and complete Phase 2, independently from whether they played or completed Phase 1.
      Thanks.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

pdate (11/17/12, 3:19 PM PST)
        • Fixed issues with some event NPCs, including Canach and his door guard as well as Noll and his bodyguards.
        • Noll and Canach’s dynamic events will remain active throughout the weekend to avoid blocking players from completing the phase.
        • Exotic items from chests in the Fractals of the Mists will become soulbound after equipping them to a character.
        • The Ice Mine skill on the Ice Elemental NPC in the Fractals of the Mists can no longer be reflected.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

We have a team looking into disconnection problems that prevented some people from receiving their event rewards.
          We will implement a solution so that people who participated will get their rewards, but this takes work on our end, so it will not happen today.
          Keep an eye on our forums and social media channels, we will let you know once we have the solution in place.
          Thank you, and we apologize that you were unable to claim your rewards.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

We’ve updated the game for routine maintenance only. No content changes were included.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Update (11/19/12, 7:30 PM PST)
              General
              • Removed dynamic leveling up for players in Southsun Cove and Lion’s Arch.
              • Fixed a bug that caused vendors in Canach Folly to be missing.
              • Fixed a bug that caused the bridge between Driftglass Springs and Dappled Shores to be missing.
              • Fixed a bug that caused waypoints in Southsun Cove to be intermittently inactive.
              • Fixed a bug that caused invulnerable event karka to spawn on the beach.
              • Added a champion karka to guard the rich orichalcum node in the karka hive.
              • Removed the investigation NPCs from Lost Shores Phase 1.
                PvP
              • Fixed a bug with random gem rewards in paid tournaments.
              • Set tournament respawn timers to static per-player timers instead of wave-based timers.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

The Black Lion Trading Company is celebrating the biggest shopping day of the year with a Black Friday sale of their own.
                This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, be sure to check out the Gem Store for limited-time discounts on some of your favorite items. Each day three different items will be discounted up to 70% off!But don’t wait, because each sale only lasts 24 hours.
                You’ll have to log into the game and open the Gem Store (default key is “O”) to find out exactly which items are on sale each day. Happy shopping!
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Hi All,
                  Thanks for your feedback we really appreciate it. I would like to take the opportunity to answer your questions in an AMA on Reddit on Monday 26th (12pm PST- More details to follow) to talk about recent updates to the game and our philosophy for Guild Wars 2 moving forward.
                  Please keep in mind that there we are about to begin the Thanksgiving holiday in the US and are out of the office (and likely in game) until Monday. Happy Holidays everyone!
                  Chris
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Greetings Heroes of Tyria,
                    Last weekend we released our free Lost Shores mini-expansion, which introduced a new level 80 map, a brand new PvP map, over 400 new items and rewards, as well as The Fractals of the Mists—an infinite dungeon that increases in difficulty the deeper you progress.
                    We’re very excited about the new content, and from the reactions we have seen, so are many of you. Players have already spent an incredible amount of time in the new Fractals dungeon, and their reaction to it has been phenomenal. A lot of players really enjoyed the trailblazing aspect of unveiling the new Southsun Cove map, specifically the feeling of discovery and being part of the land grab.

Having said that, we’re also aware that there were certain aspects of the event that could have worked better than they did, and thanks to your excellent feedback we’ll be working toward strengthening this type of content moving forward. At ArenaNet, we always try to push the boundaries of how we build online worlds, and we thank you for your patience and collaboration as we pioneer into unknown territories. We’ve seen people saying that they really liked the principle of using events to unveil new content, but we need to tighten up the methods by which they are deployed. We take these comments to heart, as it is our goal to always deliver content of the highest quality.
                    We want to extend a huge “thank you” to all of the players who attended the Lost Shores event over the weekend. We really enjoyed playing with you all and we learned a great deal about the broad spectrum of content we offered. Our sincere thanks for all your feedback and for being part of the journey as we continue to build upon the world of Guild Wars 2.

We also want take the opportunity to talk a little bit about what we have coming into the game soon from a high-level standpoint, an aperitif if you like before our Thanksgiving celebrations. After the holiday we’ll be doing a number of community Q&As and live community conferences where you can ask us questions and get the down-low on how we are evolving the world of Tyria.
                    Here’s a general rundown of what we are working towards over the upcoming months:
                    • Revamping all of our existing dungeons (Story and Explorable versions) through rebalance and overhauled encounters.
                    • Adding new dungeons to the Fractal of the Mists.
                    • Adding more variation to creatures, enhancing our open world scaling system, as well as evolving many events and experiences across Tyria.
                    • Fixing and improving existing content throughout the game, and better tying it into the overall sense of player progression within Guild Wars 2.
                    • Building on the Southsun Cove’s persistent content.
                    • Adding new Guild content and Guild progression features.
                    • Continuing to evolve PvP into an E-sport as outlined here:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg/
                    • Adding brand new content to World vs. World as well as adding new reward progression.
                    • Continuing to build upon the story and adventures of Guild Wars 2.
                    So from all of us here at ArenaNet, we hope you have a fantastic holiday and we look forward to seeing and speaking to you all next week—that is if we don’t see you in-game first!
                    -Chris Whiteside, Studio Design Director
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

What's on sale today for Black Friday on the Black Lion Trading Company:

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

On sale today on the Black Lion Trading Company 11-24-12:

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

On sale today on the Black Lion Trading Company 11-25-12:

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

The Reddit AMA is now live.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

We will be taking down the commerce system for maintenance at 5:00 AM PDT (13:00 GMT) on November 28th for 3 hours. The following systems will be affected by this maintenance:The following should be unaffected by this maintenance:
                              • Gem Store
                              • Currency Exchange
                              • Trading Post
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

New Black Lion Items Added Today:

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X