Guild Wars 2 Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATED GENERAL

• Devil Horns can no longer be put into the Mystic Forge and are now available again for free via the Gem Store (these will be available in a few hours, 10am PDT)
    • Fixed a crash when resurrecting a Mesmer clone created with the Deception skill
    • Fixed an issue when Halloween creatures could infinitely spawn from Haunted Doors
    • Fixed an issue when the ghost wasn’t visible during the first stage of Scavenger Hunt in Lion’s Arch
    • Fixed a WvW crash
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The “change your password” message on the game launcher represents a precautionary measure that we’re taking to help enhance players’ account security. That message is not a sign that your account is at risk and not an indication that the Guild Wars 2 servers are being attacked. Making the change is optional but strongly encouraged.
      Back in mid-September, the developers added a huge list of known, vulnerable passwords to our game security system, in order to prevent the use of those passwords on a Guild Wars 2 account. This “password blacklist” came from sources throughout the Internet, from various sites, games, and forums that were breached, subsequently putting individual passwords in the hands of would-be account thieves.
      If you have never changed your password for Guild Wars 2, or if you changed it before the blacklist came into effect, there is a chance that the password you are using is not as secure as it could be. Therefore, we’re asking that players who have not changed their passwords since we instituted the blacklist make a password change. We’ll run a check against the blacklist to prevent you using a password that is known to be vulnerable.
      For information about security, and for tips on how to choose a secure password, please read this article about account security. If you have any questions, feel free to post here in the forums.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Guide to the Halloween Event
        http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/guil...-walkthroughs/
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

UPDATED GENERAL
          • Fixed a bug that caused frequent PvP crashes. This was the final known bug preventing the activation of paid tournaments. We will again take a night to make sure these are stable to ensure that the player experience when spending gems on tournaments is as good as it can be. Barring unforeseen issues, we will enable paid tournaments tomorrow morning when we are in the office to support their launch
          • Fixed various crashes
          • Fixed counts for Halloween achievements
          • Added an instance entry that will let all players who reach Fort Trinity to go into Trahearne’s office
          • Several parts of the scavenger hunt will no longer break if too many players are interacting with them
          • Fixed an issue causing players with linked mobile authenticators to be regularly disconnected from the game
          • Fixed an issue in two of the Arah chains where a door would remain closed
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

“Our Halloween celebrations are in full swing, costume brawls are aplenty and the Shadow of the Mad King is falling across Tyria. Because we are as excited as you are, we will add another opportunity for you to get shiny Halloween goodies.
            You will be glad to hear that we are adding recipes to the Mystic Forge that will allow you to throw stuff you get from the Black Lion Chests into it to get a special Halloween chest (no key needed for this one). These chests will include Halloween specific loot and give you a second chance to get one of the terrifying, rare Halloween skins. Here is the recipe we will add:
            You need 1 Candy Corn, 6 Mystery Tonics, 1 Boost (any), 1 Boost (any) to get a Mad King Chest.
            We hope you like this gruesome addition, we will let you know immediately when they will be in the game – enjoy the celebrations!”
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

GENERAL UPDATES
              • Added Mad King Chests to the Mystic Forge. These chests always have Halloween items such as candy corn, Halloween crafting materials, and Halloween tonics. There’s a rare chance they may also have Halloween skins for weapons and shoulders.
              • Added a Mystic Forge recipe to create Mad King Chests: 1 Piece of Candy Corn, 6 Mystery Tonics, 1 Boost (of any kind), and another Boost (of any kind).
              • Tactician Footi will now properly build her cannon after being resurrected in Cursed Shore.
              • Removed all hidden trick-or-treat bag nodes from Lion’s Arch.
              • Halloween-themed PVP items now salvage into the correct materials.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

October 26, 2012
                • Kill Streak Boosts now work in the Mystic Forge when creating Mad King Chests.
                • Fixed several exploits and bugs.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

And Act 2 of the Halloween Event is now live. Guide to Act 2: http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/guil...-walkthroughs/
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

As some of you noticed, we have published the time of the special event which will occur on Sunday, October the 28th at 12:00 PM Pacific Time/19:00 GMT.
                    On the holiday team, we are fully aware of the fact that not everyone can be logged into the game at specific time. We’re also aware that people live in different time zones, and those times can potentially fall on different calendar days. This is why each act is a phase, or a period of time, rather than a moment in time.
                    The one major exception is the beginning of Act 3, which is something that I think most people will want to be around to see. The choice of 12:00 PM Pacific Time/19:00 GMT on Sunday was a very informed, calculated decision. It was primarily based on the fact that it’s pretty much the peak of our weekly concurrency, which means it satisfies the highest possible percentage of our users. It also means that it’s the same calendar date whether you’re American or European.
                    For those of you wondering, having the event at separate times for separate zones is actually one of the worst options. Whatever happens is going to be on livestreams instantly and then on YouTube about five minutes later. At least this way, everyone has a chance to experience it in the game, without having it spoiled by the rapid availability of video on the Internet.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

We’re ready to beta test a change to our FOV (Field of View) that should provide a better experience for those with widescreen monitors. We want your feedback about the change to help us decide whether to deploy it to all players.
                      To help test, you’ll need to add a special command line to your GW2 client’s shortcut. Here’s how:
                      1) Create a shortcut to your GW2 client (right-click -> “Create Shortcut”)
                      2) Right-click the GW2 client shortcut
                      3) Click “Properties”
                      4) Locate text field labeled “Target.”
                      It should contain the file path of your shortcut, and will look something like this:C:\Games\Gw2\Gw2.exe
                      5) Type -testVerticalFov at the end of the Target line
                      Be sure to include a space between .exe and -test.
                      The line should look like this: C:\Games\Gw2\Gw2.exe -testVerticalFov
                      Please note that your Target line may or may not have quotation marks. If it does have quotation marks, this tag should go outside of them. So it will look like this:
                      “C:\Games\Gw2\Gw2.exe” -testVerticalFov
                      6) Once the command line has been added, click Apply -> OK.
                      7) That’s it! Jump in and play with this new setting, and post your feedback in the following thread:
                      https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/tech/FOV-Field-of-View-Changes-Beta-Test-Feedback-Thread/first#post551648

If at any time you want to return to the old FOV, simply remove the –testVerticalFov from your target line and it’ll return to normal.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Differences:

FOV Test ON:

FOV Test OFF:
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Act 2 of the Guild Wars 2 Halloween event is live – enjoy the festivities! DO NOT MISS Act 3 of Shadow of the Mad King which kicks off at the lion statue in Lion’s Arch at noon Pacific (12:00 PM Pacific Time/19:00 GMT) on Sunday, Oct 28 with a very special, one-time only surprise!
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Login and MK Dungeon issues
                            We are aware of the Login issues and issues with entering the Mad King Dungeon.
                            We are working to solve them, and apologize for the inconvenience.
                            Thank you for your patience!
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I'm going to post a video here ( when youtube finishes of course) of the Act 3 opening and the dungeon it opened up. But fair warning the audio totally sucks balls. So you may not want to watch it. Up to you all.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

BLTC Deliveries

If you bought gems or items at the BLTC – delivery is slow right now, but you will get your gems/items, do not worry!Thank you for your patience.
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X