Looking for an addon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for an addon

I'm looking at getting rid of Carbonite since it often interferes with the quest completion box opening on the right when out in the field.

What I'm looking to find is an addon that has the same functionality for quest tracking that Carbonite has. By this I mean an addon that will put quest info into the tooltip if I hover over an item (showing something like 1/2) so that way I can easily and quickly tell if I need to keep an item for a quest or get rid of it. Anyone know of anything like this?
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

How about the second post here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43017 maybe one of these addons that are listed will do the job.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

You could also see if Informant has what you need. http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I GOT IT GOT IT http://www.wowinterface.com/download...34-QueTip.html oh i don't got it Hasn't been updated since 2010.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

After a lot of searching and trying a bunch of different addons I think I finally found 2 that do the trick. SmoothQuest and MonkeyQuest. I'm using MonkeyQuest for now as that one seems to be updated a bit more frequently but it has a flaw in that the tooltip info won't update properly if the quest watch window is minimized or closed. For me that's a minor issue for now as it's easy to toggle it open and back to minimized quickly. I already did this often with Carbonite and had a hotkey setup for it.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
            I'm looking at getting rid of Carbonite since it often interferes with the quest completion box opening on the right when out in the field.
            By the by, the usual reason the Quest Complete box doesn't pop up with Carbonite is the Quest module defaults to hiding Blizz's Objective frame, which the QC box attaches to. If you disable the hide in Carb's Quest options it should pop up fine. However, then you have the default Objectives tracker open all the time as well.

So, sort of pick your flavour of minor annoyances/flaws.

Comment

I was looking to get rid of Carbonite because the addon seems to be starting to die. It's slowly being riddled with bugs and the updates are coming few and far between this year compared to previous years. It's a great addon, but at this point I needed something different.

Comment

hmm if have zygor guides then should go into settings and will be a skip completed quests and what not at it keeps track also id questautomation from curse is nice as it tracks item and also turns in quest automatic when talk to them unless need pick a reward and accepts a new
                You Can Try to Escape me Run if you Must !

Theres no Escaping me , As I Hunt You Down !

For I'm Your New master Nightmarez !!!

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                  I was looking to get rid of Carbonite because the addon seems to be starting to die. It's slowly being riddled with bugs and the updates are coming few and far between this year compared to previous years. It's a great addon, but at this point I needed something different.
                  I guess you missed my post (and now that I'm looking for it while typing this, it looks like it was removed from the forum!).

NEW EDIT BY Kreelor - 9/10/2012 at 4:05PM (pacific).

WAIT! You may want to avoid installing the developer's version. I just read that it doesn't include all the great stuff that the "Fan Update" by Rythal had fixed. Other users are uninstalling the developer's version and reinstalling Rythal's fan update which works great. The links I gave will allow you to find recent posts, etc. that discuss the issues I won't take time here to write.

Anyway, I did post that the ORIGINAL DEVELOPER of the Carbonite addon has FINALLY visited his web site and posted that he has provided an update to the Carbonite addon.
                  ~~~ This version of Carbonite is for WoW 5.0.4. ~~~

Even before that, a gentleman named "Rythal" had been working his butt off fixing issues in Carbonite. He did a superb job, and the addon was working quite well, especially the so-called "google-type" maps.

Here's the link to where you can find more info:
                  http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44250

EDITED: I found my previous post from 9/9/2012. Here it is:
                  http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...sion!-9-9-2012
                  Last edited by kreelor; September 10, 2012, 05:53 PM. Reason: Found my previous post

Comment

Working...
                  X