5.0.4 dot separator in numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.0.4 dot separator in numbers

Patch 5.0.4 seems to have introduced a dot separator in numbers (e.g. your amount of gold or the amount of XP from a kill that comes up on the screen). For one thing - it's incorrect in the UK - we use a comma, not a dot. Secondly, I don't like it at all - how do I turn it off?

I switched the client language to English (UK) and it shows the values correctly with a comma as thousand separator and a dot as decimal separator in the Characters stats.
    But I didn't find an option for that.

Comment

Hmm - it was already set to English (United Kingdom) in the Launcher options. In the game itself, the only option is English(EU) - there's no UK-specific option.

Looking a bit more closely I can see that it's a comma in tooltips for spells but appears to be a dot in the health and mana bars (unless that's just my eyesight, which isn't what it used to be).

Comment

Yeah, the fonts are rather small so it's difficult to see if it's a dot or comma. I only checked the character stats in the panel beside the character window.
        My character's health bar showed some 120K, not the full value. Is it possible to switch that or do you use a character frame addon?
        It's also possible that some problems come from other addons for example those floating combat text addons may show values different than Blizzard does.

Comment

This was on a level 60 character so health is a lot less than yours. I'm not using any addons that mess with frames.

I've decided that it's probably just the tiny font making it look like a dot instead of a comma - the larger numbers are definitely showing a comma now (but they weren't at first).

Still, I don't like the change - I haven't used separators in numbers for years and it looks clumsy and unnecessary to me.

Comment

After logging through my characters I also saw that they use the separator in the character frames.
            On my German WoW they correctly use a dot as thousands separator.
            And I also think this change was unnecessary. Looks like we need to wait for Blizzard to make this optional or for addons that remove it.

Comment

Working...
            X