Question about Blizzard's suggestion to 'reset the UI'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Blizzard's suggestion to 'reset the UI'

I noticed today that Blizzard is suggesting (or, telling) users to reset their UI and then to reinstall any addons, now that they've introduced a new patch. That requires deleting several World of Warcraft folders including WTF, CACHE, and the INTERFACE folder (which contains all the addons, etc.).

That's such a pain, since I'd have to spend a great amount of time reconfiguring dozens of parameters in Carbonite and other addons, I'm wondering just how necessary it really is? While playing the game a little bit today, I noticed NO errors nor anything else out-of-whack. How important is resetting everything, actually? Or, is it?

It's not really important at all. Blizzard just says stuff like that to cover their arse if something goes wrong with an addon.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thank you, Cabby. That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! LOL
      -- Much appreciated.

Comment

If you experience problems with WoW you can still rename the WTF\Accountname and Interface\Addons folder to check if it is something addon related.
        Renaming those folders is better than deleting because if this does not help you can delete the new folders and rename the old ones back.

Comment

Working...
        X