Question about Herbalism skill leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Herbalism skill leveling

I'm confused as to why this is happening. I don't recall it behaving like this before.

After picking an "orange-colored" herb (Sungrass, Item lvl "230") such as shown in the picture below, I am not receiving any new skill points in Herbalism. Note: I am using the "Herbalist's Spade" which boosts my skill level slightly. My Blizzard reported Herbalism skill level is "225+10/300". What's baffling me is that the herb is colored orange, which should indicate a skill point increase.

What am doing wrong?
    sungrass-1.jpg

I have 2 theories for what's happening here. I'm thinking it's the first one.

1. Sungrass requires a skill of 230 to pick it. Your skill is still only 225, it's just that spade that is allowing you to pick it. I'm thinking there's some kind of screwy coding by Blizzard that doesn't allow you to gain skill points from picking an herb unless your unmodified skill is high enough to pick the item. So you'll probably start getting skill for picking the Sungrass once your base skill is 230.

2. You accidentally turned off the skill increase messages for that particular chat frame.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Okay. Thanks! I'll try both of those to see what happens. If Blizzard messed it up, the spade isn't too great to use. ha ha. At least, it allows picking flowers at lvl 230, even when I'm at only 225. At least, that's something.

Comment

Hi, Cabby. Well, I fiddle-farted around for a few hours, and even did a cold-boot of my system. And, that seemed to work. I'm not sure if there's a glitch between Carbonite's route system/icons, or not, but now all the herbs I couldn't get points for before, suddenly began giving me points. And, that includes some of the lower-level ones (which weren't giving me points). The orange ones now work the way they are supposed to. Carbonite's routing is working too, even when I select only specific herbs (ignoring all the ones I don't want or can't get). Once I got it working, it took hardly any time to level Herbalism from 225 to 300. I'm a happy camper again. I didn't even have to drop the Herbalism Spade! While holding it, I got points even when picking herbs higher than my herb skill level, so that's another plus.

Thank you for your suggestions, and for replying to me.

Comment

Working...
        X