hello

dint know if i could post it on this forum but here it go´s

the rares are not showing on my minimap
    not even when i am close to one
    friends say there should be like a scul or sword on the map where it spawns
    but there is nothing showing for me, its making it hard to find a rare
    anyone a idee on how to fix it

thx

I don't remember seeing any skull or sword icons appearing on my mini map when I was hunting the rares. I'm thinking maybe your friends have some kind of addon to help with that.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

well i read this al over the net
      wowhead =>When a rare is up, a skull will appear on the minimap to alert you
      There are several rare events on the island, most of which are marked by a weapon icon on your minimap.
      but nothing showing on mine, there is no info on needing a addon , its suppose to be from blizz it self and no extra addon

o support the process of exploration and discovery on the Timeless Isle, we’re also introducing something we’re calling the Event System, along with some new UI elements. The Timeless Isle is filled with rare spawns, rare Elites, chests containing epic loot, and events that are all highly rewarding. When you find yourself in close proximity to any of these, you’ll see them pop up on your minimap, denoting their location and event type. Some won’t be simple to get to or easy to find, as many parts of the island are entangled with puzzles lost to time. Some involve more than a simple alert . . . but we’re not going to spoil the surprises, and we’re really looking forward to see how quickly players can unlock the island’s mysteries and hidden treasures.
      Last edited by duts; September 15, 2013, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Hmm, I'll have to try to pay attention to the mini map a bit more to see if there are icons on it. I'm so used to just following our arrow that I seldom look at the mini map.

Comment

It is definitely an AddOn problem, but I do not know which AddOn. By default, with only the base UI, if you come across an active rare or one of the once per week chests, WoW fires the VIGNETTE_ADDED event, which has related APIs. Once a rare despawns or is killed, or you loot the chest, VIGNETTE_REMOVED fires. These events and APIs add skulls for the rares, and some other icons I don't know about to the world and mini maps.

So yes, by default, you should see those appear when they are active.

I am using ElvUI with some of its plugins, and Zygor guides of course, plus several other AddOns (around 90+, with no disembedded libraries). According to their support site, ElvUI by itself displays the vignettes, but there is still a conflict. I am trying to narrow down what it is for me.

For reference, if it helps Zygor build a better guide, here is the 5.4 API changelog: http://wowpedia.org/Patch_5.4.0/API_changes#Events and http://wowpedia.org/Patch_5.4.0/API_changes#Global_API.

My thought, as far as Zygor is concerned, is the achievements that require you to kill certain rare mobs. It would be much more efficient if Zygor saw that a rare is active or not, and then adjust the waypoint arrow, rather than "Click here if Name is not here or if you have recently killed him."
          A volunteer Curse Moderator. I write some AddOns too.

https://www.youtube.com/user/myrroddin

Comment

I've been seeing the crossed swords and skulls on my mini-map -- sometimes. Still trying to get the names and loc's down to make it easier to get to them when they're announced in general chat (Windrunner).

Comment

It's possible that you need to click through the book you have to buy for one of the first quests on the island to see the skulls.
              This book contains descriptions about the rare mobs' locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                It's possible that you need to click through the book you have to buy for one of the first quests on the island to see the skulls.
                This book contains descriptions about the rare mobs' locations.
                Wait, what? If you don't have that book anymore, can you get it from one of the npcs? Do you remember what it is called so I can look it up?

Comment

Are you talking about http://www.wowhead.com/item=103977? I'll try reading the book to see if it triggers any skulls or other vignettes. I do wonder if that is indeed the trigger, as most players never read those sorts of things unless they are told upfront why it is a must. And being told upfront in quest text is not actually upfront, IMO. Again, most players barely scan quest text, if they bother to read at all. That is the downside to the built in "go here" quest pointing system, or an AddOn like Zygor.

Comment

Yes, he is referring to that Time-Worn Journal.

Comment

Rare locations shown on Minimap

This is definitely an issue with the Zygor Guides addon. After disabling it the icons showed on my Minimap. Once enabled again, they all disappeared. Any word on when this issue might be resolved?

Comment

Originally posted by fetalis View Post
                        This is definitely an issue with the Zygor Guides addon. After disabling it the icons showed on my Minimap. Once enabled again, they all disappeared. Any word on when this issue might be resolved?
                        After enabling/disabling certain functions I found the problem to be with the option to "Flash Minimap Resource Nodes" in the Extra Features. When disabled everything shows on the minimap as intended by Blizzard. Hope this helps.

Comment

That should definitely help the devs and also provides a work-around for other customers.

Comment

Originally posted by fetalis View Post
                            After enabling/disabling certain functions I found the problem to be with the option to "Flash Minimap Resource Nodes" in the Extra Features. When disabled everything shows on the minimap as intended by Blizzard. Hope this helps.
                            Thank you for the awesome tip! Now I am going to re-enable Zygor for Timeless Isle, disable that feature, and go kill stuff!

That is, once the devs solve the issue, I'll turn on flashing again, because I like that feature.

Comment

Working...
                            X