No announcement yet.

Getting Geared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so I hit 80 on Wed (YAY!!!) and have been hitting the heroics hard(and farming tons of Titanium for the Titansteel), so far I have quite a few epics and more on the way. I'm planning on getting an epic in each slot before I run the tourneys and WinterGrasp, then I'll focus on getting the Bloodmage regalia (minus the robe, I'll take Merlin's Robe plz).

Is this a good idea or is there a better way to shorten the time spend getting to the BMR?
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

Comment

Gratz on 80!
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thank you, thank you!!

3 Titansteel out of 20... ugh!
        85s
        Skippyninja
        Oomatherman
        Judedaniels
        MissRuPaul
        Sumekomovani
        Pattymelt
        Shamwiches
        Twonewon
        Takakoinaba
        Cursesmcgee

Comment

What are you going to use the TS for? I am curious because I have about 6-9 but as a cloth wearer I am not sure what to do with them

BTW, gratz on 80
          Cairne Realm
          Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
          Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
          Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
            What are you going to use the TS for? I am curious because I have about 6-9 but as a cloth wearer I am not sure what to do with them

BTW, gratz on 80
            x8 for Jeeves (Made already)
            x12 for Mekigneer's Chopper
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

He's Alliance so it would be Khadgars ______ of Conquest.

You want to get the 2 pc bonus as fast as possible, so start with shoulders/head which are 30 emblems each.

Then get legs and gloves which are 50 each.

You can buy a robe, Merlins Robe will last a long time if you can afford 6 - 8k gold for one. I got several in heroic PoS, even getting the same one twice.

Do the random heroic first for the bonus frost badges and then do the random heroics it allows you to run until you unlock ToC, and Pit of Saron.

You also want to run normal ToC until you get an abyssal rune trinket, because it will last a long time.

Heroic ToC has the cloak, Kurisu's Indecision (not sure on spelling)

Heroic PoS has the weapons, Seethe and Spectral Kris.

Off-hand, I bought a Ward of the Violet Citadel, it's the best you can buy with badges and you won't see one in heroics.

Once you can do ToC, PoS and HoR, run those (non-random) on heroic to fill our your gear.

Hope this helps.

Comment

A few thingas about the post above,Sliverhawk linked mage's t10, while you're talking about t9. Also you can get a 232 offhand from Hhos. Merlin's robe is from tailoring(toc pattern), while the kris is from Htoc. Otherwise its a pretty good list for gearing.

Comment

I was trying to get straight t10 equipment on my arcane mage via the daily randoms and not even looked at lower level stuff. My DPS was pathetic and I was always last on recount. Even looking at overall damage I was last. Then I looked at, what I called, stair step equipment. I got some cheap t9 equipment and a couple other things using the 200ish EoTs I had saved up. Then I added the best enchants and gems I could.

My DPS went from 1500 in heroics to 2700 in two days. My critical hits top out around 12,500 to 13,000.

Point being, don't focus on the end game equipment so much that you have blinders on. I did that for a while and hurt my game. I still only have about 60 EoFs saved up for the 95 EoF shoulders . So the 127g I spent enchanting my existing was not wasted. It is going to take me another month to collect the last 30-35 EoFs. Till then I feel like I am actually doing damage in groups now
                  Cairne Realm
                  Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                  Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                  Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Do NOT buy Merlin's Robe... It's a huge waste of cash IMO. Save save save your EoFs for Meteor Chaser's Raiment.

In the meantime there is a decent robe you can get, I think from heroic PoS it's white with black stripes, I have it equipped but I can't remember the name off the top of my head

IMO Engraved Gargoyle Femur is better than WoVC and Kris/Seethe.

Other than that, I figured out all my gearing issues, thanks for the input!!

WTB EoF...
                    85s
                    Skippyninja
                    Oomatherman
                    Judedaniels
                    MissRuPaul
                    Sumekomovani
                    Pattymelt
                    Shamwiches
                    Twonewon
                    Takakoinaba
                    Cursesmcgee