Getting Geared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Geared

I have been going through wowhead.com and selecting weapons and armor I want to get for my DK... but one problem....

I cant get into some of the places to get that gear unless I get better gear, LOL.

What is the best way to find out the best gear I can get for my toon to raise my scores so I can then go through better raids/heroics for yet better gear?

Thank you for any help on this.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Hello Kamchack,

I just hit level 80 on my Druid yesterday, so I think I can help out with this. What I did was basically used the gold I obtained from leveling to purchase the level 78 crafted set for Restoration Druids. With the full set I was able to queue for heroics. So then I grabbed a few buddies on the server (or you can just get into a guild who is willing to help) and get a decent group going to just burst through heroics to get the tier gear at the Tournament.

It's how I did it and I've gotten a few epics so far on my first day. I also recommend running normal ICC instances to obtain some better gear as well. Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
    silverhawk11
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Wasnt sure I could run ICCn yet.

Which tournament are you refering to? ToCC or ToC

Comment

The Argent Tournament. They have Triumph vendors there which give out some tier gear. 30 Triumph marks for the shoulders and the gloves. 50 for everything else.

Silverhawk11

Comment

Yep yep, I been running normal ToC dungeon, farming for a trinket:-) and specifically heroic Ice crown dungeons. So far I have 3 pieces of my T9 gear and I just started the Argent Tournament. Also have been wearing northrend tabbards in dungeons for more rep so I can get some enchants and recipes.

Comment

I got my trinket, back to Ice Crown heroics

Comment

I really need to learn how to do all of these things in the correct order. I have been doing randoms over and over farming for EoTs but that only gets me 2 EoFs per day. I have my tier 9 shoulders and enough for the gloves (if I ever find the dude) so the EoTs are coming quick. I have been wearing the Kirin Tor talbard for rep ... wrong one?

I did win (need roll) the epic bronze drake from the timed culling instance this morning but still need 2400G to train.
              Cairne Realm
              Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
              Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
              Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
                I got my trinket, back to Ice Crown heroics
                Grats (10 word limit?)

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
                  I really need to learn how to do all of these things in the correct order. I have been doing randoms over and over farming for EoTs but that only gets me 2 EoFs per day. I have my tier 9 shoulders and enough for the gloves (if I ever find the dude) so the EoTs are coming quick. I have been wearing the Kirin Tor talbard for rep ... wrong one?

I did win (need roll) the epic bronze drake from the timed culling instance this morning but still need 2400G to train.
                  EoF will mainly come from raids. EoT will be the main priority when you first hit level 80.

Comment

So... Ummm... What's the best gear for a mage and how do I get it? XD I know this is prolly an over complicated question.
                    85s
                    Skippyninja
                    Oomatherman
                    Judedaniels
                    MissRuPaul
                    Sumekomovani
                    Pattymelt
                    Shamwiches
                    Twonewon
                    Takakoinaba
                    Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by skippyninja View Post
                      So... Ummm... What's the best gear for a mage and how do I get it? XD I know this is prolly an over complicated question.
                      best place to go is wowhead.com

Comment

What spec? For PvP or PvE? That'd help a bit :-D.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                          What spec? For PvP or PvE? That'd help a bit :-D.
                          I guess so... PvE, I'm planning on raiding Heroics all the time (Even when Cataclysm comes out).
                          85s
                          Skippyninja
                          Oomatherman
                          Judedaniels
                          MissRuPaul
                          Sumekomovani
                          Pattymelt
                          Shamwiches
                          Twonewon
                          Takakoinaba
                          Cursesmcgee

Comment

http://db.mmo-champion.com/is/883/bloodmages-regalia/

Comment

Look up a program called "rawr" and watch the how to guides/videos. I been using that over the weekend and have an idea of what eq to get my lvl 80 PVE mage now. So far I have bought 3 items via EoTs and have a laundry list of more. I'll snip a CSV file of what I am looking for (bought 3 so far) to give you some ideas. The last column has EoT-1, EoF-3 ... those are the order of what I am upgrading based upon what the best gains are for the EoTs and EoFs. Where there are multiple items per section, such as 5 different items for the hands, I have other things I am looking for as "stair stepper" items until i reach the end goal of what I want

Code:
                              Name,Slot,Gem1,Gem2,Gem3,Source,Dps,Rank,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Hood of Fiery Aftermath,Head,Chaotic Skyflare Diamond,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,Purchasable with 75 [Emblem of Triumph],387.5154,EoT-4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Hat of Wintry Doom,Head,Chaotic Skyflare Diamond,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,Crafted Tailoring,203.6682,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Titanium Spellshock Necklace,Neck,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,,Crafted Jewelcrafting,89.74951,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Sky Sapphire Amulet,Neck,,,,Crafted Jewelcrafting,62.32666,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky,Back,Veiled Ametrine,,,Purchasable with 50 [Emblem of Frost],157.4878,EoF-4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Deathchill Cloak,Back,,,,Crafted Tailoring,106.4001,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Meteor Chaser's Raiment,Chest,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Veiled Ametrine,Purified Dreadstone,Purchasable with 95 [Emblem of Frost],348.4211,EoF-4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Merlin's Robe,Chest,Purified Dreadstone,Veiled Ametrine,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Crafted Tailoring,295.2908,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers,Wrist,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,,Crafted Tailoring,159.002,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Savage Wound Wrap,Wrist,,,,Drops from King Dred in Heroic Drak'Tharon Keep,84.86133,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Azure Cloth Bindings,Wrist,,,,Drops from Cyanigosa in Heroic The Violet Hold,81.57813,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Black Duskweave Wristwraps,Wrist,,,,Crafted Tailoring,76.02612,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Khadgar's Gauntlets of Conquest,Hands,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,,Purchasable with 30 [Emblem of Triumph],182.7788,EoT-1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Traditionally Dyed Handguards,Hands,Veiled Ametrine,,,Drops from General Bjarngrim in Heroic Halls of Lightning,120.7864,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Traditionally Dyed Handguards,Hands,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,,Drops from General Bjarngrim in Heroic Halls of Lightning,116.801,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Gloves of Glistening Runes,Hands,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,,Drops from Keristrasza in Heroic The Nexus,115.0583,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Traditionally Dyed Handguards,Hands,Reckless Ametrine,,,Drops from General Bjarngrim in Heroic Halls of Lightning,115.01,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Gloves of Distorted Time,Hands,Veiled Ametrine,,,Drops from Chrono-Lord Epoch in Heroic The Culling of Stratholme,94.60791,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Gloves of Distorted Time,Hands,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,,Drops from Chrono-Lord Epoch in Heroic The Culling of Stratholme,93.25928,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Overlook Handguards,Hands,,,,Drops from The Prophet Tharon'ja in Heroic Drak'Tharon Keep,90.79297,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Giant-Hair Woven Gloves,Hands,,,,Drops from Volkhan in Heroic Halls of Lightning,88.9856,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Gloves of Distorted Time,Hands,Reckless Ametrine,,,Drops from Chrono-Lord Epoch in Heroic The Culling of Stratholme,88.95654,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Belt of Omission,Waist,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Purchasable with 60 [Emblem of Frost],305.2031,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Circle of Ossus,Waist,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Purchasable with 60 [Emblem of Frost],259.6731,EoF-2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Flowing Sash of Order,Waist,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,Drops from Loken in Heroic Halls of Lightning,150.3835,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Leggings of Woven Death,Legs,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Veiled Ametrine,Purified Dreadstone,Crafted Tailoring,345.7883,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Deathfrost Boots,Feet,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,Crafted Tailoring,285.7258,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Spellslinger's Slippers,Feet,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,Crafted Tailoring,176.2566,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Footwraps of Teleportation,Feet,Veiled Ametrine,,,Drops from Xevozz in Heroic The Violet Hold,99.38452,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Band of the Invoker,Finger,,,,Purchasable with 35 [Emblem of Triumph],134.5168,EoT-3,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Ring of Northern Tears,Finger,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,,Crafted Jewelcrafting,108.4121,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Titanium Spellshock Ring,Finger,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,,Crafted Jewelcrafting,93.32813,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              The Prospector's Prize,Finger,,,,Drops from Krystallus in Heroic Halls of Stone,93.07813,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Solitaire of Reflecting Beams,Finger,,,,Drops from Moragg in Heroic The Violet Hold,81.2002,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Ring of the Traitor King,Finger,,,,Drops from Anub'arak in Heroic Azjol-Nerub,68.15479,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Globule Signet,Finger,,,,Drops from Ichoron in Heroic The Violet Hold,67.72192,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Maghia's Misguided Quill,Trinket,,,,Purchasable with 60 [Emblem of Frost],363.3635,EoF-1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Shard of the Crystal Heart,Trinket,,,,Purchasable with 50 [Emblem of Triumph],225.8223,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Figurine - Twilight Serpent,Trinket,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,BoP crafted Jewelcrafting ,166.7751,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Relentless Gladiator's Focus Staff,TwoHand,Runed Cardinal Ruby,Runed Cardinal Ruby,,Purchasable PvP Item,764.834,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Seethe,MainHand,,,,Drops from Devourer of Souls in Heroic Halls of Reflection,634.2217,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Titansteel Spellblade,MainHand,,,,Crafted Blacksmithing,455.4148,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Cursed Lich Blade,MainHand,,,,Drops from Novos the Summoner in Heroic Drak'Tharon Keep,397.0139,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Handbook of Obscure Remedies,OffHand,,,,Purchasable with 25 [Emblem of Heroism],84.07837,EoT-5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Iron-bound Tome,OffHand,,,,Crafted Inscription,83.8877,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Temple Crystal Fragment,OffHand,,,,Drops from Novos the Summoner in Heroic Drak'Tharon Keep,81.94727,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Faces of Doom,OffHand,,,,Crafted Inscription,72.65161,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Brimstone Igniter,Ranged,,,,Purchasable with 25 [Emblem of Triumph],91.03564,EoT-2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              Rod of the Fallen Monarch,Ranged,,,,Drops from Anub'arak in Heroic Azjol-Nerub,43.76489,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
                              I think all of these items are reachable without any guild or raiding by simply running heroic PuGs. It will take time but everything is reachable playing solo (ish). I used rawr to help me get these items and I also have a list of gems for each slot in the above CSV which you may need to change is you are not JC but you get the idea.

BTW, I do NOT consider this to be a perfect list but right now I do consider it to be a pretty darn good list
                              Cairne Realm
                              Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                              Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                              Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Working...
                              X