X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pvp start help

Hi

Soon L70 on my rogue, and then its not far away to L80
    Im planing to play mostly pvp, but have no clue where to look for gear then I hit L80.
    Ok, I know about the arena gear, and that last seasions set is not to hard to get, but I dont know anything about what to get for rings, back, thrinkets and so on.
    I get confused of the many vendors in the pvp halls in ogrimar too.

Anyone that can get me in the right direction?

No one has anything to share?

Well, I share what I have learned then, on an new toon.

Tips for staring at PVP.
    -Start at early as possible to do BG`s. It dosent matter what gear you got, if you win/loose, you get some honor anyway.

-If you got an L80 on the same server, and you got some emblems to "waste", get as mutch as the BOA PVP gear as possible. They wil give you resilience, more xp, dont break (you save some in repairs) and can be used for PVE as well.
    See this page for all the BOA gear.

-If you somehow got 1000Gold to spare then youre L40, get the dual-spec, and pick up an PVP spec. (Up to level 40, spec PVE ) This wil help you do better in BG and get more honor.

-Around L68 its time to goto Outland. As you folow Zygors, you wil get rep whid the outland fractions.
    The point is to get the PVP L70 rep gear (follow link to see for all clases)
    You need to be Honored whid the following fractions to get all parts, what parts you get from who, depends on the class you are:

--Keepers of Time
    --Lower City
    --Thrallmar
    --Cenarion Expedition
    --The Sha'tar

If you dont have enouth rep by L70 by following Zygors, search the fractions you need at www.wowwiki.com to see what quests/dungeons you can do to increese the rep.

-Once you hit L70, do one random WOTLK Random each day, to get (as for now) 2 Emblems of Thriumph. If youre lucky, you should have at least 30 then you hit L80, it wil be an great start to gear upgrade.

-If you got the BOA shoulders, you dont need the L70 PVP rep shoulders, as the BOA shoulders are better in any way.

At L80.

-Now the fun starts. Bouth PVP (as for today, season6) and PVE (as for today L232 T9 gear) can be boutgh only whid emblems.

-My best tip is to get some new PVE gear first, and you shure need new weapons for PVE.
    Why go for PVE first? Well, because its easyer that way to get new emblems you in turn can get PVP gear for.

-If you got some nice L80 friends that is willing to take you to random HC`s, try that as it gives you even more emblems. If you dont, start whid the easyest L80 HCs and some TOC normal.

-You still wana do BGs to get honor ( 3 season old PVP gear can be bought whid honor or emblems), and you can use the L70 PVP set if you want, because it gives you some resistance, and youre only after easy honor for now.

-Dont think about Arena yet, unless you got an L80 friend whid good PVP gear that is willing to help you out. Dont think about PVP Arena wepons, as they only are avable in the current season, cost a lot of Arena points and you need an wery good rating to use them, youre not there yet.

-Normaly you wil try to get the Arena PVP gear that is 3 seasons old, because they only costs emblems or Honor, and wil help you do better, get more honor and in time you wil get youre own Arena team.
    If youre lucky to have an good friend that is willing to take you to the Arena, you can be lucky to get enouth points to get some of the 2.nd old PVP gear, that costs some Arena points and some Honor, but not require any Arena rating to be used, but this is hard to do, so try first for the older set.

----
    Well, that was all my tips to PVP as for now

Comment

Hello there,

I've gotten two characters to level 80 and with some decent PvP gear, so I'll see if I can help. Basically as soon as you hit 80, queue for some BG's and do a LOT of Wintergrasp. I can't stress enough on Wintergrasp. The shard and mark awards are awesome to start gearing up, and you have vehicles to keep you alive. Start saving honor to buy some Furious pieces, and when you have a full set, or at least three pieces of Furious and two tier, start upgrading to Wrathful offsets. Make sure you have your two minute trinket, it's extremely vital. Once you have all of that gear, you can start doing arenas for Wrathful pieces. Pretty simple, really!

Silverhawk11
      It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Very helpful, thanks both - have only 34% of lvl 79 left before I ding 80, and looking forward to (as they say) "the game starting" from there
        Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
        Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

silverhawk11: How can I tell what offset belongs to the Wrathful block?

Thanks for the tips

Comment

Basically, off-set means that they do not offer a bonus for obtaining them (other than like +85012q845901 stamina, etc). So if you go to (for the Horde location) Orgrimmar you can talk to the Accessories guy (I forget the name, I hardly play anymore :-(), and he'll have stuff like "Wrathful Boots" or "Wrathful Necklace". I'm honestly too lazy to go find the real names, but it'll say Wrathful in the name. Hope that helps :-).

Silverhawk11

Comment

silverhawk11: I found it, so thanks
              Im now at L78 and got 32EOTs.

I was thinking if I should use them on PVP Furious Gladiator's Vestments, or PVE T9 gear, or new weapons?

If I get the T9, new emblems wil be easy to get and I guess the Furious Gladiator's Vestments isen`t any good to do hc whid.

Comment

If you want to get the PvE gear to get a full set of it first, then go ahead and do that. That's your choice :-).

Comment

Working...
                X