So I've started a Priest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rokku View Post
    I did a run tonight with Healbot and it worked fine; love the easy alerts etc. Mind you, the group ended up wiping on the boss thanks to them all running off and leaving me while I'm drinking (after telling them to wait), but that wasn't too surprising since they did it the whole run. I gave them a mouthful at the end Fun times
    Yeah, that's the most common problem I've come across - they soon learn once they've died a couple of times, though If you can, find yourself a friendly tank around your level and go into dungeons together. It makes it so much easier when you have a good tank/healer team and we've often had DPS ask if they can queue with us for more randoms

Comment

I think the most fun I've ever had healing a pug was when I was level 70 on my priest and we're at the first boss. I'm at about 75-80% mana and shadowfiend is off of CD, plus we have a hunter that is giving replenishment and kitty druid with innervate. I'm standing there waiting for the tank to pull... Here's what happened:

[tank] get mana, you need it for this fight
      [me] Really? I had no idea!
      [tank] your a smartass
      [me] I sure am! I've been playing this toon as a healer for the last 69 levels and I'm pretty sure I can manage my mana by myself.
      [tank] it's your fault if we die.
      [me] Don't worry, I'll be using my mana to prevent that.

Jeez...

To top it all off I was the only one in the party with BoA gear.
      85s
      Skippyninja
      Oomatherman
      Judedaniels
      MissRuPaul
      Sumekomovani
      Pattymelt
      Shamwiches
      Twonewon
      Takakoinaba
      Cursesmcgee

Comment

Ah yes.. I love those players. Taken from your post....

[tank person] Get mana. You need it for this fight
        [me] Thanks. Ive only been playing this toon since level 1 and only have 37 other toons at verying levels, and playing this game for 2 years. Im sure glad to have a tank like you that informs me of basic game fundamentals. Can we be Facebook friends?
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

You know, I understand that he didn't know me, he doesn't know what I've experienced, and he doesn't know that my main has a 5.4k GS and is 5/12 in ICC. But, still I healed through mobs pulls, didn't I? You haven't died yet, right? So, obviously I have some clue as to what is going on. Plus, I have BoA gear. Which, obviously, means that I've had to run these northrend randoms a gazillion times to get the badges necessary to buy them.
          85s
          Skippyninja
          Oomatherman
          Judedaniels
          MissRuPaul
          Sumekomovani
          Pattymelt
          Shamwiches
          Twonewon
          Takakoinaba
          Cursesmcgee

Comment

You really do get the best and worst players in pugs My best so far from Ragefire Chasm:

Mage (whispered): ur not doing much DPS
            Me: Healing's my primary job - stopping you from dying
            Mage: Cool, wondered why my health kept goin back up lol

Comment

Ha! My favourite was a pally dps that was doing around 1% of the group dps. I asked him why he wasn't using any spells.

"What do you mean?"
              "You're doing hardly any damage."
              "I am training axe."
              "But... um... could you at least use some spells?"
              "I don't need to."

Finally I convinced him to -- and he cast them on the mobs we *weren't* attacking

Fun times!
              Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
              Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
                You really do get the best and worst players in pugs My best so far from Ragefire Chasm:

Hahahaha!!!
                85s
                Skippyninja
                Oomatherman
                Judedaniels
                MissRuPaul
                Sumekomovani
                Pattymelt
                Shamwiches
                Twonewon
                Takakoinaba
                Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post

I Actually had a tank tell me once to start putting out damage.
                  [tank] I dont care if you're in here as healer, I want to see some dps
                  [me] I'd like to do what you tell me to, but you're not my boss or my wife, and I just sent my give-a-damn button out to get repaired. Guess you'll have to live through your fights and complete the dungeon without dying.... sorry. Besides, if you knew what you were talking about, you would know trees cant DPS.

Comment

You should have dropped tree, spammed moonfire, and let him die. Then ask if your DPS was okay with him.

Comment

Originally posted by keithar View Post
                      You should have dropped tree, spammed moonfire, and let him die. Then ask if your DPS was okay with him.
                      hahah.... never thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                        I Actually had a tank tell me once to start putting out damage.
                        [tank] I dont care if you're in here as healer, I want to see some dps
                        [me] I'd like to do what you tell me to, but you're not my boss or my wife, and I just sent my give-a-damn button out to get repaired. Guess you'll have to live through your fights and complete the dungeon without dying.... sorry. Besides, if you knew what you were talking about, you would know trees cant DPS.
                        Something like this happened to me, so I went shadow... The tank was basically corpse dragged through UK.
                        85s
                        Skippyninja
                        Oomatherman
                        Judedaniels
                        MissRuPaul
                        Sumekomovani
                        Pattymelt
                        Shamwiches
                        Twonewon
                        Takakoinaba
                        Cursesmcgee

Comment

And that concludes this weeks lesson on how not to be when you are a tank. Thank you, and goodnight.

Comment

Hehe, we do seem to have a love/hate relationship with our tanks

BRD last night, great tank - he asked me at the start to let him know when I needed to drink, which came as a bit of a shock I promptly announced in /p that he was the best tank I'd grouped with

In the end I didn't need to drink once because of his careful pulls and progress and started throwing DoTs and wanding so I wouldn't be bored

Comment

Working...
                            X