Hunter Pets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunter Pet

I'm a noob and not too sophiticated in Wow, but as a level 62 Hunter I have used a Boar almost exclusivley. Buzzards and bats have been fun, but I still go back to the Boar. Between bestial wrath and volley, we can drop 4-5 mobs upto 3 levels above us.

I am thinking of taming one of the elite raptors in Un'Goro for DPS - any comments?

I have to say, despite all the negative comments out there about Hunters, it has been fun playing this toon.

Comment

The elite raptors are fun to use and work well. I used one for fun and to have in my stable for a bit, but still use the bear. Bestial Wrath and Volley can mow down many mobs if you have a pet that does decent damage. I am finding with Gondria that I am able to take mobs down faster because of the higher DPS, but sadly she dies a few times in instances now if I am not keeping a close watch on her. I guess I got used to my bear not really having any issues unless he was out aggroing our tank for a minute or two.

A side note to all healers reading this. Please heal any pet in your group. They are the 6th man in any 5-man instance. I get tired of reminding Healers to not forget about my pet. Yes, I can heal my pet, and I do include that in my shot rotation, but Healing is "your" primary job remember? My favorite argument in an instance goes like this:

Me -- Wait a sec...need to revive pet.
      Them -- Thought we were making this a quick badge run. Forget pet. Let's go.
      Me -- No, I won't forget pet. He puts up DPS just like everyone else and is part of my function as a Hunter...remember?
      Them -- Fine. Hurry up and catch up with us.
      Me -- I wouldn't be doing this if the Heals would do his complete job. Don't forget about my pet!!!

It usually gets ugly at this point with lots of swearing, but anyway. Got my point!

Comment

Right now I am just using a lvl 22 bear, not elite or named or anything. Plain old bear. Should I look at getting a better bear? The only one I can think of was the named bear in the mountains just outside Loch Modan Ol' Sooty. Is it worth looking for a named bear at my low level and building it up or wait? Does the name of the bear actually do anything for the damage?
        Cairne Realm
        Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
        Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
        Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

The names don't really do anything once they're tamed for helping with damage or anything like that. The only reason to pick one bear over another (or any beast for that matter) is for the way it will look once it's your pet. You can find all sorts of great info and pictures over at Petopia.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I was actually looking at the Petopia site last night and love it. They have way more info then I could absorb before I hit lvl 60
            Cairne Realm

Comment

Bucky
              Thanks for the info. Yes, I get caught up in targeting and sometimes forget to mend pet, followed by mob going aggro on me - not usually a good end result. I will have to give the bear a try.

Comment

Well, I still have not seen hide nor hair of Skoll in the Storm Peaks as of yet. The only time that NPCScan goes off is if I am in Dalaran and some other hunter has him out. Meh, I will keep plugging along until I find the wolf!

Comment

Well, I found my first elite (think so ... had the dragon around the pic) bear named something like Ungor'lok over in forest song. I tamed him and it lost the name. So now I have a "bear". To me it looks just the same as the bear I leveled up from 16 to 31. Ohh well *shrug*

I guess I can say I did it at least
                  Cairne Realm

Comment

That is the only problem when you tame an elite, it loses the name. Hey, at least you got one though!

Comment

Working...
                    X