Rude behavior in Randoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rude behavior in Randoms

I have only been running Randoms for a few weeks. There is one guild in particular which seems to have the lion's share of rude, disruptive players.

For example, yesterday afternoon I did a Random and was placed in an Utgarde Keep instance. When I entered, no one else was at the entrance. I did /p "Where is everyone?"

I received a reply, "Look on your minimap, stupid!" Just then, the other two DPS players went dead, then one by one were out of the group.

I started out, only to discover that the entrance area hadn't been cleared. So I chose to run the diagonal, bypassing a Skeleton, which followed me into the nest hallway. I dispatched it and looked around. I saw another player (had to be leader or healer, I didn't pay particular attention), so I headed their way. Behing him was an Abomination headed my way.

The other players (still only three of us) were no where to be seen. I engaged the Abomination, and died. Immeciately the leader said, "LOL!"

When I reentered, I said, "What's going on here?"

Came the reply, "hehe".

Then I knew, as both of the other two players were from that particular guild. I said, "Just like the xxxxxx, full of over hormoned 12 year old brats!"

Then I was out of the party.

Has anyone else encountered this kind of disruptive antic?

Sadly you will find morons everywhere. You could look at the the comment about 12 year old brats as they are talking about themselves, they sure did act like it

I do know that on my realm people complain in the channels about one guild and how every toon in there is a jerk. After two years on the same realm I have yet to group with anyone from that guild in a LFG, and trust me, I run a LOT of LFG. just ran five this morning

I suggest you try not to let it get to you. I have been in a random or two where the other members are busy trash talking each other, I simply ignore them and get my badges for the bosses. No reason to stoop to their level or waste your energy and frustration on them.
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

I just wanted to know if I'm the only luck one to encounter them.

Another funny (in a macabre sort of way) was a Random that I entered to find the other four all from that same guild. I was kicked out after each of them said, "Hahahahah!" (I'm not sure about how many ha's there were.)

I guess they were taking abreak from setting fire to cats.

Comment

It sounds to me like you have a group of kids that simply like to annoy other people. You could do like I used to with pally healers... simply leave and queue up for a new run. After the 15min CD of course.
        Cairne Realm

Comment

Or place them on ignore and you simply won't be put into a random with them again.
          Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
          Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Does the Ignore mechanism include the player's server? If it only goes by name, it might be somewhat of a problem.

Comment

rude behavior

omg im an adult that is 42 yo and it kills me how ppl talk to me. i used to get teary eyed when someone would yell at me or call me stupid. now i just try not to care and i do better.
              but u know if i could i would kill them myself lol

Comment

Interesting question. Are player names unique per server or per battle group? I guess that would be an easy test ... I just have never thought about it.
                Cairne Realm

Comment

It ignores that character (so DumbTank from Bladefist will be ignored but not DumbTank from Elune). My thinking is if these people are always running with guildies, ignoring a few of them may mean you never see the other guildies either

Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
                    Interesting question. Are player names unique per server or per battle group? I guess that would be an easy test ... I just have never thought about it.
                    Unique per server, yes, but not per battlegroup AFAIK. But you're right, be interesting (and easy) to test

Comment

Originally posted by rokku View Post
                      It ignores that character (so DumbTank from Bladefist will be ignored but not DumbTank from Elune). My thinking is if these people are always running with guildies, ignoring a few of them may mean you never see the other guildies either
                      That would be great! But the character would have to be ignored while in the raid, right?

I will try it the next time it happens. Thanks!

May your blades never be dull!~

Comment

I've been able to ignore them otherwise, as long as their name was in a chat window (right click, ignore)

Comment

I was wrong about the rude players being from a particular guild. I actually didn't notice the guild names. But they were from the same server. They have all been from the Bladefist server. The names xxxxx-Bloodfist confused me because I thought Bloodfist was the guild name. As I said, I've not been doing raids for long.

Is there a quick way that I can add obnoxious player names to the Ignore list? There is usually not much time to do things in a raid under the circumstances the events occur.
                          Last edited by Kamchak; August 28, 2010, 10:42 AM. Reason: changed code for italic effect on 'server'

Comment

Some kind of mouseover macro?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...25711305&sid=1
                            QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                            The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

The macros posted there don't work due to changes made in 3.3.3

This one does work (I'm using it) in 3.3.5 (but who knows...)

/script AddIgnore(UnitFrame("Target", showServerName));

Comment

Working...
                              X