Vent of the day: HoR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vent of the day: HoR

OK. So I am more or less maxed out on eq for my prot pally, shy of getting into ICC or frost items. Looking for upgrades rawr pointed me to a Splintered Door of the Citadel. So I have been trying to get this upgraded shield, which is really a very minor upgrade but it will help my GS some to get into ICC runs, 5002 atm. Issues I have with HoR:
    • Queuing as a specific dungeon takes forever compared to randoms. Randoms are under 60 seconds, HoR is up to 20 minutes.
    • Once you do get in it seems all the DPS are warriors and pallys with low DPS. Four out of four runs my tank was 1st or 2nd on recount (beat by a mage one run) with 2100ish,
    • The shield is a low drop rate, I read somewhere 16%
    • Those warriors and pallys I mentioned above ... I have seen a couple drop after Marwyn so tell me they would not have needed the shield if it dropped.
    • I have yet to finish HoR because of the low DPS. People, if you can't do more DPS then the tank do NOT queue for that instance!!! (healers are exempt from this comment )

Granted, this shield is only a small upgrade over what I have but raid leaders expect high GS, forget everything else, from a tank so these few upgrade points will help me get into ICC for a better shield. On the upside I am only 10 EoF away from the Sentinel's Winter Cloak
    Cairne Realm
    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Originally posted by antacus View Post
    OK. So I am more or less maxed out on eq for my prot pally, shy of getting into ICC or frost items. Looking for upgrades rawr pointed me to a Splintered Door of the Citadel. So I have been trying to get this upgraded shield, which is really a very minor upgrade but it will help my GS some to get into ICC runs, 5002 atm. Issues I have with HoR:
    • Queuing as a specific dungeon takes forever compared to randoms. Randoms are under 60 seconds, HoR is up to 20 minutes.
    • Once you do get in it seems all the DPS are warriors and pallys with low DPS. Four out of four runs my tank was 1st or 2nd on recount (beat by a mage one run) with 2100ish,
    • The shield is a low drop rate, I read somewhere 16%
    • Those warriors and pallys I mentioned above ... I have seen a couple drop after Marwyn so tell me they would not have needed the shield if it dropped.
    • I have yet to finish HoR because of the low DPS. People, if you can't do more DPS then the tank do NOT queue for that instance!!! (healers are exempt from this comment )

Granted, this shield is only a small upgrade over what I have but raid leaders expect high GS, forget everything else, from a tank so these few upgrade points will help me get into ICC for a better shield. On the upside I am only 10 EoF away from the Sentinel's Winter Cloak
    i suggest asked your guild to do a quick run takes maybe 10 mins with a good group

Comment

They offered once I said something. I tend to not ask for help much but this one was a pain. Ran with guildies and got shield on first try. Sadly I can't use it just yet because it dumps my defense to 537 so I need to re-gem a bit ... or get the cloak upgrade. As little as I run PvP I'll probably get the cloak before I have enough honor to re-gem
      Cairne Realm

Comment

Def cap is 535 for heroics and 540 for raids!
        So if ur gonna farm heroics till icc/or ur cloak ur fine.
        LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
        Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
        Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
        Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
        Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
        Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
        Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
        Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
        Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
        Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
        Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
        Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

I simply like to use 540 defense and aim for 40k health with self buffs. The cap is more of a min. You can go over but you really do not want to go under. So keeping my goal of 540 makes it safe for heroics and keeps me ready for raids ... should I ever get invited. I actually got 48/50 EoF so I should get the cloak tonight if I can get on to play. Went out of town to visit the in-laws and instead of playing at all I sat like a bump on a log doing nothing but watching TV. Man was that a boring weekend

I also realized that I did not have the faceplate of the honorbound yet so farmed some EoTs and need another 18-20 for that upgrade. Hopefully both tonight then I'll be good to go for my goals

I still do not like HoR but want a neck piece from the heroic version
          Cairne Realm

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
            ...I still do not like HoR but want a neck piece from the heroic version
            Dude.......

You're a pally tank!!!

Consecrate, 696969. Rinse, repeat, kill bosses, run like hell, etc, etc.

"The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Kam is so rite if ur def capped and have 38k hp it's all up to the healer to keep u Alive and also on the dps to kill fast enuff!
              If u can't keep arrgo thens thts ur prob lol
              LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
              Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
              Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
              Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
              Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
              Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
              Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
              Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
              Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
              Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
              Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
              Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Sorry.... I have a pally tank myself.
                Im a bit partial to 'em.

(Yes, I do still stink at warrior and druid tanking, thank you.) lol
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

And you two hit the nail on the head, the point of my original post!
                  Kam is so rite if ur def capped and have 38k hp it's all up to the healer to keep u Alive and also on the dps to kill fast enuff!
                  HoR is not a hard instance but does require some actual thought and decent players. I run 545 def with just over 40k health self buffs, 46-47k depending on group, and for the most part do a good job of keeping aggro on myself. The issue is the entire LoS concept for people. It seems to hard to understand "go hide in the corner so everything comes to me." Instead they stand right out in the open and that leaves the mages way off left or right along with the little dwarf hunter types. Seven out of ten times I am calling aggro myself then run to the corner to get things closer so I can CC but know what? I am one of five people in a group, I can't do it all. This is kind of a team effort and greater then 95% of the time you get bad groups when using LFG. All the other instances are cake walks so not a big deal that people can't spell "thought" let alone actually do it. HoR actually does require some thought. When I finally ran it with my guild ... OMG it was such a cake walk it was not even funny.

When I run HoR in normal my TANK is usually 1st or 2nd on DPS ... tell me that group is going to finish the run. On heroic I'll usually come in 4th as I should but still the other problems above cause wipes and a total re-start. My new plan is if I queue random for HoR play till first wipe. That puts HoR on a lock until the next day and the wipe usually does not occur in the first 15 minutes so the LFG cooldown is gone.
                  Cairne Realm

Comment

Working...
                  X