PTR for Cata is out, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTR for Cata is out, but....

none of the new content is enabled. Right now, they are testing the new look UIs for the various old world things that we can do in our sleep, as well as the new talent builds (41 instead of 76). Just graphical stuff, the new video upgrade stuff is not implemented either.

All the new stuff is being reserved for the beta testers. It remains to be seen whether the two will be merged before the release or not. Truth be told, It's wait and see time. This is promising to be a very tricky next two months or so.

When my download is complete, it may be possible to copy my guides (3.35 compatible) to the PTR. I'll see if it works. The new quests are not implemented on the PTR, so it is theoretically possible that the old guide could be used. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by wowvern; September 12, 2010, 10:27 AM. Reason: Added info
    My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Stuff as Guild Leveling, Archaeology and Flying in Azeroth is fully implement on Beta yet.

I think most of the this change will come to PTR as time goes by, expect maybe Flying In Azeroth, who seem to be for Cataclysm owner only - http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26725...how-do-we-fly/

Comment

Anyone know how much the new flyin skill is gonna cost? And the lvl requirements?
      LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
      Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
      Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
      Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
      Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
      Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
      Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
      Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
      Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
      Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
      Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
      Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Im betting that if artisan flying costs 5k gold that easter kingdom and kalimdor flying will be 10k gold.
        If ya got a level 80, try to get into some GDKP runs.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Gdkp?
          What....
          LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP

Comment

Originally posted by nin88 View Post
            Gdkp?
            What....
            My appologies....

Im not sure what GDKP stands for.

Basically what GDKP's are is a run through ICC content for ppl with the gear to go, and 8k gold to spend (sometimes 9k, etc).

What happens is you down a boss, and the items looted go up for bid. The raid leader sets the starting bid and bid increments prior to the raid starting.
            Items usually go for 1k starting bid, and trinkets/marks for 2.5k starting bid.
            The bidding increments are mostly 500g, meaning you can outbid the highest offer by 500g or more, in 500g (1000g -> 1500g -> 2000g, etc).

Most of the runs also have a kingslayer in them, and the gunship is placed on heroic for the 277 items, which usually start at 5k gold…. worth every copper, imo.

Items like primordial saronite are usually bid on in bulk at the end.

At the end of the run, all money spent is divided evenly to the players. Every run I have gone on, I either get a fantastic item I have been wanting, or I leave with at least 3k gold profit.

That is GDKP in a nutshell…. You run ICC (usually up to plagueward), bid on loot (if you want it), and make lots of gold.

The only basic rules in a GDKP are…. Bid on loot, or don’t be carried.

Hope that expained it well enough.

Comment

Right now in beta it costs 250 gold to buy flying for kalimdor and eastern kingdoms (200 if you are exalted with a big city like Stormwind).

Also GDKP stands for "Gold DKP". If you don't know what DKP stands for it is "Dragon Kill Points".

Comment

Originally posted by Skyflyer View Post
                Right now in beta it costs 250 gold to buy flying for kalimdor and eastern kingdoms (200 if you are exalted with a big city like Stormwind).

Also GDKP stands for "Gold DKP". If you don't know what DKP stands for it is "Dragon Kill Points".
                Thanks Skyflyer!

God I love this forum. You all RAWK!

Comment

Ok that makes since now kam lol!
                  But I don't ever have much time to raid icc in one shot since I work afternoons and time I get home I play for a lol and then wife is edu for bed.
                  So I'm just gonna run daily randoms and or lvl my Mage for now... Once the kid is a lil older she can play by herself then I can get back to raiding so more less after I get all my toons to 85 and geard I'll be able to raid once more!!!
                  LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP

Comment

As long as the new content is NOT activated on the PTR, the current version of the guide will work.
                    My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                      Im betting that if artisan flying costs 5k gold that easter kingdom and kalimdor flying will be 10k gold.
                      Can't remember where I saw it now but apparently you'll be able to buy a Flight Master's License from Flight Trainers at level 60 for 250g (less rep discounts). This will enable flying for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdom.

Comment

Cata is not on the PTR. This is just the 4.0.1 patch, which is Pre-Cata. Just like how 3.0 was Pre-WotLK

Comment

Working...
                        X