Blizz Autheticator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blizz Autheticator

Hello i used to play WOW last year and have only just restarted. I levelled my human pally to 42 without the guide in just over 2 days played time and have just got the guide now. Currently using the quick skip function (cant remember proper name) Obviously this has slowed me down cos ive done some parts of it and not previous chain quests had fp's i shuld etc but im sure this will all sort its self out. Ive seen alot of posts stating i should get blizz authenticator... is this really necessary? Or is it something i should look at to the future baring in mind i have a 42 pally im levelling and my first char when i used to play is a 74 troll rogue so i dnt see y id exactly be hacker want material!

You should definitely get it if you don't want to be hacked and then banned for the hacker spamming or selling gold in the game.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Everyone is the target of a hacker. Maybe they can get something from your account and maybe not. Does not mean they wont try and if they get in take what they can.

Better safe then sorry I always say. Get the authenticator or if you have a smart phone the app. Right now I have an app and keep meaning to swap back to the old authenticator. The smart phones of today are just too smart ... ppl are going to start trying to get into those next. Not sure I want any of my info on my phone anymore
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Also, change your password every week. I do mine as soon as the servers come back up on Tuesday. And I always have at least 2 upper, 2 lower, and 2 numbers in my password... And it's usually 8-12 characters long.

For example: SkippyNinja1989 (I've never used this and never will, but I just posted it as an example
        85s
        Skippyninja
        Oomatherman
        Judedaniels
        MissRuPaul
        Sumekomovani
        Pattymelt
        Shamwiches
        Twonewon
        Takakoinaba
        Cursesmcgee

Comment

Or u can get hackd and get double everythig u have like I did :O
          lol I was just lucky they Sent all the items/gold to my lok and then tryd to xfer him and when blizz restored my account they didn't see that my lol had all the stuff since he was frozen in the account xfer
          but WTF get an authenicator ASAP!
          I only got an extra 35,000 gold after I sold all the extra stuff I got restored lol
          went from 20k to 55k gold in a week bc blizz and still got my 100+ gems and furs/skin but didn't get dbl my enchanting mats so I only have like 600 dust and 100 each shards still!!!
          LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
          Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
          Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
          Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
          Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
          Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
          Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
          Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
          Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
          Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
          Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
          Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA