Zygor updated, thanks. Pity I can not play the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zygor updated, thanks. Pity I can not play the game

Hey thanks Zygor for updating the guide so fast.

Now, if only I could actually play the game.

My latop is solely to play WoW on (geeky I know) but that is all its for. I dont even have email set up on it. Until now I have never had a technical issue with WoW or any patch..........until now.

Since 4.0.1 I have not been able to play the game.

The issues:
    Frame Rate plummets to a point where I can not move. It does go back to normal, but then will plummet again in a minute or two. This is no matter where I am or what I am doing in the game

LUI error pop ups at an astonishing rate of about one a minute. Again no matter where I am or what I am doing in the game

Then to top it off within 15 minutes of logging on, a WoW error will dump me completely out of the game entirely.

WoW Repair has had no effect. I have logged an in game ticket as well as emailing Tech Support with as much detail as I can........they have yet to respond.

I guess its a wait and see game for me now

Have you tried disabling all the addons including this one? If so have you tried a fresh install of the game? Just trying to help

Comment

Yeah, a lot of addons are having problems and even causing frame rate issues. I'd suggest turning them all off then slowly turning them on one at a time until you find the bad one, then you have to find an update for that addon or live without it until that addon author gets an update out.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for help Cabby and Elmo. Yep tried that, disabled all addons (not that I have alot) and it had no effect.

I guess I will have to wait til Blizz get back to me

Comment

Damn, that sucks. Hopefully it will get resolved for you quickly.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

This image is my Video settings. I get between 45-50 FPS.
            http://img190.imageshack.us/f/wowscr...510191329.jpg/
            WOW changed your video settings from what they were to something it recommends and so far everybody I've talked to tells me it recommend wrong. So going to have to change them your self. It took awhile to understand what effected me and what didn't.
            Ok here's what I found out so far that does and doesn't effect FPS in the Video settings in WoW(for me anyway):
            VSync: It does effect FPS. Off more FPS. On Less FPS and has to change some settings to get the FPS back.
            With VSync off you can enable the Texture Filtering above Trilinear. On it has to be at Trilinear.
            VSync off I have Sunshafts at Low. With VSync on it has to be disable or I drop to 30 FPS.
            Liquid Detail took a lot of changes to get it right.
            VSync on Liquid Detail at Fair and Sunshafts off or it's 30 FPS again around any water no mater the size. VSync off and Liquid Detail can be set to Good any higher and back to 30 FPS.
            Multisampling has to be at 1x for me no matter what I do
            Shadow Quality like other things is effected by VSync. Off and I can have it set to Good. On and it's back to Fair.
            Texture Resolution, Projected Textures, Particle Density, View Distance, Environmental Detail, & Ground Clutter so far has no effect at all on my FPS. So I have them all at there highest setting. Also one thing I have noticed is now I have to wait at least 1-2 Minutes for the FPS to rev up to a decent level. I start at 7 FPS and after wait I have 45-60 FPS
            Also don't go to Dalaran. I MEAN IT! No matter what I set my settings to I drop straight to 3 FPS.
            Last edited by chaos5061; October 15, 2010, 08:01 PM. Reason: Dalaran
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks for advise guys, but it has had no effect at all. Played with Video Settings for sometime with no effect, then to add to it, the WoW Error dumped me out of the game completely.

Ill just have to wait til Blizz answers my email

Comment

Have you tried to start a new character?

I was logged in my name who was in Org. Had all the same issues you did. I was going crazy configuring my modem and such.

I was like let me try a new character so I created a mage and played fine till I was able to chat with a GM who moved my character to Org to UC and everything has been fine since but I will not be traveling to Org anytime soon

Comment

Interesting tip Jrl. My main is in ATG, and its so bad I can not play him at all. So swapped Realm to my old toon that I have not played for months, and everything is fine...except for a extreme small delay in reaction time in movement.

With me, I can not play ANY toon on my main Realm (Jubei) even a new one. But if I go to another Realm and play my old dis-used Alt, its fine.

Yea thought I was going nuts, but have been trolling the internet and yea there are numerous players having the same issue....so Ill just have to wait til its fixed.

Your lucky to get a GM so fast! I have had no reply to either of my ingame ticket or email to Tech Support!

UPDATE: moving my Alt out of the "Classic WoW" area has caused the same issues. Esstentially, the game is unplayable for me.....til someone from Blizz contacts me......

Comment

Working...
                  X