Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question for people pretty familiar with WoW achievements

Hey there,

I have been going through the Hallow's End guides (finished the quests except for one of the 2 fire dailies - got the first one, will be doing the 2nd one later today). I have completed the Trick or Treat in Kalimdor and going to be doing the rest over the next day or so... and already have most of the other quests done by the Trick or Treating I was doing previous to the guides coming out...

BUT

I see at least one that I will not be able to do because it involves getting a certain pet and I'm not a hunter...

So... my question is this. I wanted to get EVERY achievement available for Hallow's end because I understand that there's some achievement for getting all of the monthly achievements done. If I can't do that one, surely the achievement for doing all of the monthly quests takes that into consideration?

Just wondering... hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about... (I don't have the details of what I'm referring to because it was a friend that mentioned that big achievement a couple of months ago before I get the Events guides).

Thanks all,
    Matt
    PS. Unless I didn't look at that achievement close enough and it's not referring to a Hunter pet, but a companion pet instead???
    * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Originally posted by voltec View Post
    Hey there,

I have been going through the Hallow's End guides (finished the quests except for one of the 2 fire dailies - got the first one, will be doing the 2nd one later today). I have completed the Trick or Treat in Kalimdor and going to be doing the rest over the next day or so... and already have most of the other quests done by the Trick or Treating I was doing previous to the guides coming out...

BUT

I see at least one that I will not be able to do because it involves getting a certain pet and I'm not a hunter...

So... my question is this. I wanted to get EVERY achievement available for Hallow's end because I understand that there's some achievement for getting all of the monthly achievements done. If I can't do that one, surely the achievement for doing all of the monthly quests takes that into consideration?

Just wondering... hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about... (I don't have the details of what I'm referring to because it was a friend that mentioned that big achievement a couple of months ago before I get the Events guides).

Thanks all,
    Matt
    PS. Unless I didn't look at that achievement close enough and it's not referring to a Hunter pet, but a companion pet instead???
    I believe the pet you are referring to is in fact a companion pet, which you get by doing the HH.

Comment

It is in fact a companion pet and is a random drop from the Headless Horseman daily instance.

Good luck on getting all the achievements, getting all the masks can be a pain. Fortunately, you only need one to get the Hallowed title.
      My tanks:
      Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
      Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
      Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
      Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
      Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
      Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
      Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
      Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
      Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment

There is also a very low chance it will drop from the innkeepers in the bag you get when you trick or treat with them.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks all, I was able to get the companion pet from the HH drop as you confirmed.

I've completed all of the quests except for the Hallowed wands transformations - and only need 4 of them to finish - well, that one and I've only got 2 masks... but I'm hoping that what Rayman said is true, that I only need 1 of them for the title - since I already have 2 of them.

Take care all - back to the game. I'm in Dal with 2 of the wands and offering trades...
          Matt

Comment

And now it's completed... WhooHoo!

This was my first monthly that I ran all the way through - Thanks Zygor!

Comment

congrats!!

Comment

Hahha, gratttsss!

I ended up just paying for the wands trans, my server is not a very nice one, so it was easier just to pay 10G per wand.

Comment

Originally posted by dudedafool View Post
                  Hahha, gratttsss!

I ended up just paying for the wands trans, my server is not a very nice one, so it was easier just to pay 10G per wand.
                  Dang must not be nice. On my server i just offered to trade shots and they were happy with just that. I even made a macro with what I want to say. Like: Trading shots have Skeleton 5 charges left need ghost pst me. And then I would ride around on my mount hitting my chat macro and waiting for someone to whisper me. Also I would head head to Goldshire and use it in general chat. When I finished my achievement I offered free shots to anybody. One person even though I offered free gave me 50g tip. Took me about 4-6 hours to get my achievement. Also when I offered free a lot of the people who where charging for it went away since they couldn't compete. Who would pay when you can get it free?
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I lucked out, I answered a guy in trade who needed ghost for his achievement. I gave him it and he proceeded to give me all of the transformations for free. While I wait for a dungeon, I have been offering in trade to wand people for free but have gotten no bites.
                    My tanks:
                    Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
                    Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
                    Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
                    Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
                    Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
                    Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
                    Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
                    Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
                    Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment

Originally posted by raynman View Post
                      I lucked out, I answered a guy in trade who needed ghost for his achievement. I gave him it and he proceeded to give me all of the transformations for free. While I wait for a dungeon, I have been offering in trade to wand people for free but have gotten no bites.
                      I've found it depends on where you are sometimes. I've offered in Org several times to transform for free and only once got a request to do it. In Dal, I get requests more often. I actually got more action when I was just looking over the AH and semi watching the trade channel and found people asking to buy them - so I offered to do it for them... each time they were surprised when I said it was for free. lol

Glad to hear you got yours too

Comment

Just a little thing on the Holiday achievements, if you look at the achievement that gives you the title for that holiday it tells you which achievements you need to do, most times you do NOT have to do every achievement related to that holiday, i.e. you only need the one mask. The reward for doing ALL the holiday achievements is 310% flying mount speed (which you can now buy for 5000 g)

Comment

Just go my Sinister Squashling the easy way
                          Attached Files
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Got another on the same way.I couldn't sell him Had to trash it.
                            Attached Files
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                            X