Zboard Problem :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zboard Problem :(

Hey guys anyone got a zboard out there? Ever since I built my new pc I can't get the zboard working on it... I sent wow over the shared home network to save tons of install/DL time..and then popes in the reg keyboard and installed the updates and then put in my wow keyboard insert an it won't work once I'm in game? I have TBC insert if that matters.
    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

HI,
    I had the same problem and warrantied my board, LOL turned out to do the same thing with new one so did research online and found out a total uninstall of old zboard stuff and new install at steele site needed. I still have a few glitches to work out by chasing down a file in reg I missed but that takes more time. At least most of it works now.

Comment

I did a fresh install of it and it an it just won't enable the wow tbc insert when I go to play?
      I'll try a new fresh install but if that fails u have any ideas? Or links for updates? And the normal keyboard insert works fine and it reads the wow insert in the Zengine programe but don't work in game
      LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP

Comment

Well I did some surfing/reading and some ppl r sayn to go into device manager and update via windows updater and Microsoft has drivers for the zboard in windows 7
        LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP

Comment

Still not working!!! Help plz
          LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP

Comment

Originally posted by nin88 View Post
            Still not working!!! Help plz
            Nin I'm sorry but you may never get any help from the makers. They just released a new version of the zboard called the shift.
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Perhaps not very constructive, but try the Belkin n52te. I can highly recommend it! The Logitech G13 is very nice as well, but I like the n52te better.

Try looking at Grendalsh' videos for great suggestions on how to set up things.
              QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
              The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Better yet, if you can find an old Logitech G15 v1 (not the v2) you'll have a great keyboard. It has 54 programmable macro keys for using as shortcuts or emulating keystroke combinations.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

@Cabby:

The advantage of zboard, n52te, G13, plus others, against more standard keyboards, is NOT the number of programmable keys, but rather a matter of ergonomics.

If the number of keys was significant, nothing could beat keyboards from X-keys.

No, the main advantage of the small keyboards is having everything at your fingertip, without having to move either move or contort the hand.

You can mount a n52te to your left armrest, and a mousepad to your right, and lean back and relax while playing. The n52 is also called a speedpad.
                  QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.

Comment

I know what you're talking about, but there are plenty of people out there like me who started playing games long before WoW that are used to keyboard controls and don't mess with the mouse much. People like me who are comfortable with keyboard controlling have no problems at all with hitting a key or moving the hand just a little to hit something else. Nin88 might be one of those so I was giving another option to him as a possible replacement to the zboard.

For me the speedpads just aren't enough. Not enough function to them compared to a full keyboard which would mean I was then forced into more mouse usage. The closest I come to being a 'click' gamer is if I'm on my priest and I use VuhDo for healing a group instead of the F keys and numpad. I can keep a group alive equally well using keyboard or VuhDo, and while I enjoy the functionality and ease of VuhDo it turns the dungeon runs into a boring event due to making them too easy. It's too easy to autofollow the mage or lock and just stare at the VuhDo box making some clicks here and there to keep the group alive and then have everyone tell you that you're a good healer. To me that's not a good healer, that's a lazy healer. A good healer is one that is constantly using the keyboard to switch actual targets (non of that mouse healing crap) get heals or shields cast, switch targets again, slap on a HoT to the stupid lock that keeps life tapping himself in combat, switch targets again, help nuke down a mob, switch targets to heal again, switch back to the mob, etc. all while constantly watching everyone's health in the party window. This is, btw, how I learned to do healing in my first ever MMO with one of my first toons.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

@Cabby

Been there, done that, solved most of it with a very creative setup of my n52te. Took some getting used to, but I've got all significant things on the n52 and the mouse

With regards to healing, I use @mouseover/@focus macros and don't feel the need for neither vuhdo, nor healbot or even clique - it's all at my fingertips.

Do yourself a favor and watch Grendalsh's setup, the principles of which are also applicable to standard keyboards. My setup evolves from his, with a few pages (litterally ) from Flymolo's setup.
                      QQ

Comment

Back on topic for nin88 try this: http://faq.steelseries.com/questions...an+I+fix+it%3F
                        This will work for ZBoards too. I just got my shift keyboard with a cataclysm keyset and I had the problem of it not recognizeing either and I follow these directions and mine started working.
                        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.
                        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I got it working a week ago it was not updateing the mod for the wow zboard but I reinstalled the zengine and noticed it wasn't showing wow tbc mod and just sayn it was zboard...so I updated(for the 100th time) and it
                          worked!
                          LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP