Gathering Professions now give XP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gathering Professions now give XP?

Mind you this only works with Herbalism and Mining: I've noticed that every time I gather herbs or mine a node I get a small amount of XP, granted it's not a huge amount, but it does add up rather quickly. Has anyone else experienced (lol) this?
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

Haven't checked it out but I heard it was rumored that it would. I lol'd at the pun, though.
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
      Haven't checked it out but I heard it was rumored that it would. I lol'd at the pun, though.
      Had a chuckle at it myself

And yes, it is now live, mining and and gathering herbs do in fact give you XP.

Comment

I believe this has been in game since last patch.The exp you get is based on your level so say you are level 5 and just started mining or herbalism you would receive more exp than a higher level toon.They decided since you actually get exp from killing beasts that you won't get any more exp from skinning them.And I believe the secondary professions don't give any either.
        You just keep doin' what it looks like you're supposed to be doin', no matter how crazy it seems.

Comment

Only one to give XP is mining and herbalism.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

This also works if you're grouped with someone who mines/herbs. I was being pulled through a dungeon on my priest and my lvl 80 friend stopped and mined some copper and I got XP from it.

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
              This also works if you're grouped with someone who mines/herbs. I was being pulled through a dungeon on my priest and my lvl 80 friend stopped and mined some copper and I got XP from it.
              Ooh, this is a handy feature!

And I totally agree with the concept of skinning already giving XP, it was one of those things that wasn't really "fair" that passed relatively unnoticed. Plus, it helps a ton with grinding, especially since there are usually mobs patting around a node or bush, killing the mob and collecting is sure to make grinding and farming less of a pain in the Twisting Nether Region.
              85s
              Skippyninja
              Oomatherman
              Judedaniels
              MissRuPaul
              Sumekomovani
              Pattymelt
              Shamwiches
              Twonewon
              Takakoinaba
              Cursesmcgee

Comment

Oh yea, you make quiet a good amount of XP while Gathering and Minning.
                Character Progress....
                8[u][b]5[/b][/u] Shammy
                80 Druid
                80 Death Knight
                80 Pally

Comment

Working...
                X