WHAT A GOOD ROTATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT A GOOD ROTATION

i have an 80 hunter.worrior and a mage ....i need some good roations to get my dps up could some one help me plz thanks .

There will be people on here who can help. I'm not into dungeons yet to worry about rotations but the site of Elitist Jerks should be able to help: http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php One warning they'll ban you for asking stupid questions. They are what they're name says they are.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
      There will be people on here who can help. I'm not into dungeons yet to worry about rotations but the site of Elitist Jerks should be able to help: http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php One warning they'll ban you for asking stupid questions. They are what they're name says they are.

Listen to Chaos, don't remake this post over there... AT ALL. You will be banned, they do in fact hold to their namesake.

Go to each of the Hunter, Warrior, and the mages forums subsections and find both the specs for each class and the rotation. Overall it's best not to even post there.

Comment

Perhaps I can shed some light on this, after all I am a Mage expert for Mages the Arcane spec provides the best DPS. Its rotation is as follows:

Arcane Blast until you have 4 stacks of the debuff, if Arcane Missiles procs use it at 4 stacks. If Arcane Missiles hasn’t proc’d at 4 stacks you can do one of two things: 1.) Keep spamming until Arcane Missiles procs (this is very costly mana-wise) 2.) Use Missile Barrage to clear your debuff and restart the rotation. It is your choice whether to conserve your mana or throw it all at the enemy.

In addition to the above rotation the following things can also affect your DPS:
        -Run with Mage Armor and make sure you have Glyph of Mage Armor on your spellbook, the extra mana is awesome.
        -Use your mana gem or pot when you’re about 5000 mana below your capacity. Mana Adept makes mana = DPS, plus mana gem will increase your SP for a short time if you took the talent.
        -Manage your Cooldowns, I.E. Presence of Mind, Arcane Power, Mirror Image, On-use trinkets if you have them, etc.
        -In the event you oom, Evocate at a safe point in the fight.
        -Use Counterspell on any interruptable casts, if you took the Invocation talent; using Counterspell successfully grants an increase in the amount of damage you do, plus it interrupts spells. This is highly useful on Lady Deathwhisper.

Assuming you’re geared, gemmed, enchanted, and glyphed appropriately these strategies are sure to bump up your DPS.
        Last edited by Skippyninja; November 14, 2010, 09:04 PM. Reason: Capitalize the "M" in Mages: They are, after all, the best class in WoW.
        85s
        Skippyninja
        Oomatherman
        Judedaniels
        MissRuPaul
        Sumekomovani
        Pattymelt
        Shamwiches
        Twonewon
        Takakoinaba
        Cursesmcgee

Comment

As of right now(4.01) fury is the best spec to dps with. The hit cap is 738 or 27%. Hit is the most important stat for fury until the cap, because a missed swing is less rage, which is less damage. As for haste vs. crit, that is up for debate. Personally, I like 15-20% haste, then the rest into crit. Though on fights with raid damage going out I find myself easily rage capped.
          As for the rotation BT>RB(use Berserker rage if no enrage effect is up)>HS. If you have the extra rage to keep up those three abilities then use your bloodsurge proc. Oh, Single minded fury is not viable till cata.

Note: I may be wrong, this is what I found worked best for my warrior. Stat values may be different for your char. I suggest reading EJ as chaos5061 suggested.
          Last edited by BusterBrownMan; November 14, 2010, 09:35 PM. Reason: added a note

Comment

Originally posted by BusterBrownMan View Post
            As of right now(4.01) fury is the best spec to dps with. The hit cap is 738 or 27%. Hit is the most important stat for fury until the cap, because a missed swing is less rage, which is less damage. As for haste vs. crit, that is up for debate. Personally, I like 15-20% haste, then the rest into crit. Though on fights with raid damage going out I find myself easily rage capped.
            As for the rotation BT>RB(use Berserker rage if no enrage effect is up)>HS. If you have the extra rage to keep up those three abilities then use your bloodsurge proc. Oh, Single minded fury is not viable till cata.
            What is BT and RB? I'm assuming HS is Heroic strike, I'm curious because I queue as tank and DPS on my warrior (I mostly get tank) and got dps. I swapped out my gear and such but basically melee attacked, used slam a lot and Heroic Strike... Other than that I was clueless.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

BT maybe Bloodthirst. And RB could be Raging Blow
              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.
              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes, Chaos5061, is right. The reason I do not use slam at this time, is its DPR(damage per rage) is terrible. I would much rather use that rage for an heroic strike or bloodthirst.

Comment

I'm not too terribly invested in Melee DPS, the only toon I plan on having as Melee DPS is my Rogue. Everything else is either a tank (my Warrior and DK) or Heals with Ranged OS.
                  85s
                  Skippyninja
                  Oomatherman
                  Judedaniels
                  MissRuPaul
                  Sumekomovani
                  Pattymelt
                  Shamwiches
                  Twonewon
                  Takakoinaba
                  Cursesmcgee

Comment