Curse.com seems to be down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curse.com seems to be down

After the 4.03 patch, I wanted to check my other addons to see if anything else needed updating but I can't get to their site. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm checking now. Seems to be working. Do you have the Client?
    My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

I just cut my laptop on I have the client to start automatically. Came up and told me couldn't update to the newest version. So figured they were working on it or something.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

My client works fine. Curse is up on my comp.
        My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Must have been a glitch. Mine is working now too. Just checked the website working fine.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I just updated 2 addons thru the client.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

OK, well, I don't have the client. Even though everyone trusts them, I prefer to download my addons and scan them first before installing them. With the client, you can't do that. Anyway, after all this happened, I had some major problems. Read on, if you dare ...

Yes, there was indeed an issue with curse.com

Yesterday, I tried to access their site and got this page called "DNS Made Easy". I called my ISP last night and they tried to figure it out but we couldn't figure it out. They told me to contact Norton because I have Norton 360 installed and something in that might be blocking curse.com. They did something and then restarted my computer and it wouldn't restart. This was 3AM by that time. What a mess. I decided to go to sleep for a couple of hours and woke up about 6AM and tried my computer again. No go. The guy at Norton told me I would probably have to take it into a computer shop today.

Instead, I decided that the best thing for me was to do a PC recovery so that's what I did. It wiped all of my internet history, passwords, saved EMails and contacts in Outlook, etc., and even wiped out Google Chrome which is the browser I use most of the time. But at least I got the computer back up and running. Called Norton back and they uninstalled any traces of Norton and reinstalled Norton 360 on my computer.

So far so good. However, I still couldn't get to curse.com. Called Norton back again and the guy installed and ran a program on my computer called nortondns or something like that. He was able to then bring curse.com up on the Netscape browser which I haven't used for over 5 years. I then tried it in Opera which I still had after the PC Recovery. It worked.

I still can't bring it up in Internet Explorer but that might be because my IE is currently IE6 because I haven't finished the Windows updates yet after the PC Recovery. IE8 is supposed to be installed a little later so maybe it will work on IE even though I hardly ever use that browser either.

Anyway, the bottom line and the good thing is that I got all the updates and patches from Blizzard yesterday for WOW to patch 4.03. Here's where my foresite came in handy. About 6 months ago, I had installed WOW, and started running it, on an external HardDrive. I started it up a little earlier and it seems to be working fine so far. I do still have one small problem though that I will detail below. Before I do that though, I found this topic on mmo-champion a little while ago ...
              http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...77#post9459577

As you can see, I'm not the only person who had this problem and apparently it was indeed on Curse's end.

Now, if you've read this far, the problem I mentioned above is that the Zygor Updater is not working. However, I think I already know what the problem with this is. As I mentioned above, when I did the PC Recovery, Windows was reinstalled. That means that I need to download all the updates since Windows XP came out. I just finished installing Service Pack 3 and, the last time I looked, there are about 80 more Windows updates that need to be installed. I think I remember reading somewhere that the Zygor updater requires that the .Net Framework needs to be installed for it to run and I'm sure that hasn't been installed yet.

The only other thing is that there seems to be 2 files that could start the updater. The earliest one is called ZygorGuidesUpdater and is about 306 kb and the later one is called ZygorGuides_Updater and is 330 kb. Neither one will run right now, probably because of the .Net Framework not being installed, but I'm wondering which is the right one to run. It's probably the later one.

Whew, what a day !!!

Comment

Yeah, it's the ZygorGuides_Updater.exe.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                X