Curse Client Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curse Client Problem?

Anybody having a issue with it? Mine won't update anything. Hit update all or doing it individually just causes it to try to update for a second and then back to like it was.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Mine is working fine. Did it change the sequence of the status in the bottom of the window? Or are you trying to update something you know there is an update to and it just isn't grabbing it? If that is the case, make sure the release is the same as what you have your options set at. What I mean is that you have the option for the addon you want up dated set to alpha, beta, release, etc in the client. I would go to curse and see an update and wonder why it wasn't updated in the client, then I saw the addon on curse's site was a beta and I had the client set to release. Hope that helps, if that is even the case

Comment

No it checks automatically for the version I want it . What it is it just won't grab it. Funny thing also is that I have it cut on automatically when my computer boots up and for some reason this time it didn't.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I can report no problems with the Curse client for me, but I just installed it on my new PC yesterday. I will give my lappy a check to see if it is having any problems.
        My tanks:
        Losfer 110 Tauren Protection Paladin Area 52
        Prassan 110 Tauren Guardian Druid Area 52
        Theomach 102Tauren Protection Warrior Hyjal
        Paschendale 100 Night Elf Brewmaster Monk Sargeras
        Shangol 100 Troll Blood Death Knight Area 52
        Nassic 100 Blood Elf Vengeance Demon Hunter

My DPS:
        Kastenessen 100 Human Fire Mage Sargeras
        Thoraynayla 110 Orc Marksmanship Hunter Arear 52
        Findail 101 Forsaken Destruction Warlock Area 52

Comment

Well the three I'm having a problem with are: Dr. Damage, GoingPrice_Wowhead, And SpellFlash. And I just noticed that it won't show the little icon in the taskbar. It's still running because it doesn't at like it's starting up when I click on the button for it in my start menu.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

It might not do it for certain addons that are no longer updated. I think I saw an option in there somewhere (or read it somewhere) that it doesn't grab addons that are past a certain extended time frame. I stopped using DrDamage because it was no longer updated and kept giving me all sorts of errors. I figure because of the reworks Blizz did regarding damage and how it's applied.

Comment

I'm on the alpha versions of that. It's being updated again. Still only alpha though
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                I'm on the alpha versions of that. It's being updated again. Still only alpha though
                Is it pretty stable? I might have to grab it up again. That is one addon (or version of it) I have used since vanilla. Thanks!

Comment

There have been some problems like one of the rogue ability I think Eviscerate said it should cost 15 when it cost 35 energy. and it's being updated about 1-2 times a day.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Well just restarted my computer. It now shos up in the taskbar. But it still won't update the addons.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Chaos...
                      I've been dealing with the same issue and it came down to my antivirus program. I'm using AVG Internet Security 9. Basically it is the resident sheild portion of the program that is detecting the curse client as something malicious. With AVG, you can't set curse as a safe program because it has no executable file. Anyway, I turn this off when I need to update and it works like a champ.

You might have some of the same issues even if you use a different antivirus suite. Disable your antivirus program and see what happens. Don't forget to turn it back on ; )

Comment

Nope I use AVG Internet Security 2011. Huh. Well the next day it just started working again for some reason But have you read about the problem that's happening with AVG? It's happening with paid and free versions. The new update breaks your computer. Link to AVG forums: http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free...show&id=132359
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Wow..hadn't seen that. Maybe its not with the version 9 because I have 2 64 bit windows 7 machines and they are fine. I'd be pissed though : )

BTW, my curse client does sporadically work sometimes without turning resident sheild off, but it always gets blocked eventually. If you search AVG forums about the client, its been a known issue for awhile.

Comment

Ok. Well that won't be a problem with me for awhile it looks like. Seems on my computer without the update my resident shield and online shield won't work now. Go figure.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                            X