OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For people with AVG free or paid versions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope I use AVG Internet Security 2011. Huh. Well the next day it just started working again for some reason But have you read about the problem that's happening with AVG? It's happening with paid and free versions. The new update breaks your computer. Link to AVG forums: http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free...show&id=132359
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Wow..hadn't seen that. Maybe its not with the version 9 because I have 2 64 bit windows 7 machines and they are fine. I'd be pissed though : )

BTW, my curse client does sporadically work sometimes without turning resident sheild off, but it always gets blocked eventually. If you search AVG forums about the client, its been a known issue for awhile.

Comment

Ok. Well that won't be a problem with me for awhile it looks like. Seems on my computer without the update my resident shield and online shield won't work now. Go figure.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

AVG Anti-Virus
        To anyone who is having issues with the latest AVG update, we are aware of this issue and working to get a solution released as soon as possible. Please contact support at http://avg.com/support with your information so that they can get any additional details they might need about your system. We will post with any resolution steps as soon as they are available.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

So, you did not attempt the upgrade that messed other peoples systems up?

Comment

I have it on 4 computers. Two for me. Laptop and Desktop. Laptop for my mom. And laptop for my dad. My mom was on her's this evening around 5:30 when she got the Hard Drive not found error after updating her's. She told me when I got home from work. I went looking around on my Iphone on the forums before booting up my laptop and found out about the cuting off of the auto update options before it tries a reset. I barely made it. I got my moms back up by doing whats called a system repair. That's not the system restore if you don't know. I didn't After that it came up fine and got the automatic update turned off on it. But the only problem now on it is that the restart and postpone box keeps on coming up. Not a big problem just have to keep postponeing it every 60 minutes now. With automatic updates off it won't install the update unless you hit the Restart Now button in that box. So you can just shutdown normally. Hope it's fixed soon. Also just to let you know that I created another thread about the AVG issue in the off topic forum to post in sense this thread is mainly about the curse client problem. Going to mve your post and this post to it.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From AVG:
              Unfortunately, this was an issue with our infrastructure serving incorrect file
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Avast is another free antivirus program. I think I'm going to uninstall AVG and give it a try.

Comment

You know I would do that too. BUT I JUST BOUGHT A 5 USER VERSION JUST 2 WEEKS AGO FOR 2 YEARS OF SERVICE
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Ok they fixed it finally. http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free...show&id=132999
                    Post #2 New information:

A) If you did not restart yet (due to AVG after-update request)
                    - delete all .prepare files from AVG program directory:

For 64bit operating system:
                    C:\Program files (x86)\AVG\AVG10

- open AVG -> menu Tools -> Advanced Settings -> Update -> Manage and use the button to remove temporary update files
                    - reboot computer
                    - run AVG 2011 repair installation to restore AVG to previous functional state - this may actually not be necessary in most cases
                    - everything should be working fine
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I got a step to add to that. You may run into a problem with the repair function if you have had the no hard disk error and did a system repair. It said on my moms when I repair for AVG that a file was missing and it errored out. What I did was just uninstall it and reinstall it back onto the computer. A couple of things about doing this. Make sure you get your license key before doing this and you may want to turn off the Internet connection you have because you will have almost no security. Also turn on windows firewall and the AVG one off.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                      X