Anyone else encounter this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else encounter this problem?

Well after making about 4-5 toons, being 40, 47, 13, 2, and 3. I've noticed how empty my server is, at least to anyone below level 70. I see almost nobody in Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and have only been able to join a guild in 2 of those characters (40,13) being I joined as a spur of the moment. My 47 toon is looking for a guild and I can't seem to find anyone to look for a guild for.... Meaning when I go find a guild, no one is around to invite, especially in Orgrimmar. What sucks more is that a real transfer is only free in "full" realms, I started on this realm as one of those "suggested" realms, only to figure out that I was playing on the "New Players" realm....

Also the paid transfer I believe only transfers 1 at a time, and that would just suck, I'm thinking of leaving behind my Orc Hunter, and possibly transferring my BE Warrior (47), since I like him the most, but don't know where. I really enjoy the multiplayer experience within the game, meaning guild and all, it seriously sucks that I'm mostly leveling, and have no one to level with, or talk to while I do it. I feel it is easier to pass the time by if you have a guild at least, along with the perks that you get for being in a guild, the experience is just so overwhelmingly better.

Basically I just want to know if anyone else has gone/going through this, and what you think I should do?

I'd be willing to bet that the reason you see almost no one in the lower areas is simply because everyone is playing their 80s toons working on getting their mains to 85 so they can keep raiding. Probably in a week or two you should see all sorts of people around your levels simply because by then they'll all have reached 85 and gone back to playing their alts.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Well I thought it was that, then I remembered, I played on that server for a week before cataclysm even came out, and Orgrimmar and Stormwind were both still pretty empty for a server. I remember before I had quit four years ago I was used to both of the main cities being so full that it was almost impossible not to find a guild to join.

Comment

I recently came back to WoW from a few years break. When I say recently I bought this guide in May or something after a years break, played for a week, and quit again. Now I've been playing again for about 3 weeks. I've also noticed what you mean by this 'empty server feeling'. But I also have two toons that are 80+. At the level of 80+ where all you're doing is dungeons, raids, etc to get better gear, nothing seems empty. Busy all the time... enchanting things, jeweling things, and most fun... RAIDING dur :P But now that I've made a new toon (Level 20 now), it seems desperately empty. Just get those levels and that's where everyone is... waiting...

Comment

I understand, and I'm not saying I'm about to quit because of it. The game is fun, with or without a guild, it's just an extra method of encouragement to have a guild. I'm fine questing, but after a while it does get tiring, not as bad as grinding (by far the most annoying), but it's tough sometimes. It gets good with a cinematic sequence or two, but at my level they are sparse. I do dungeons from time to time, enjoy them, and I can't do battlegrounds for the life of me, I suck at PvP. At least in a dungeon I have a set role, and I get good gear from it. Battlegrounds I feel like I'm a chicken running around without its head, it's quite ugly.

I do intend on getting into the 80's but I know I'm still many hours away from that. I already felt a considerable slow-down in leveling, specifically when the 20's and 30's flew by. I would make my own guild, but then again, that requires a signed charter, which I doubt I can fulfill without having them all signed by anyone below level 10.

I was just trying to see if anyone else encountered this and suggestions of what I should do, and whether I should just go ahead and do a character transfer.

Comment

Working...
          X