Warrior in the making...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warrior in the making...

Hey all. Currently building a warrior due to Cataclysm. If you guessed Worgen, you sir/madam are WRONG. Finally getting around to my dwarfie warrior I've always dreamed of... "Nobody tosses a Dwarf". Anywho..

Warrior builds. Best for leveling.. Arms or Fury? I'm guessing Arms due to nothing having "chance to hit" increases on it until 60+?

PS: I'm also just bored as hell at work and making posts... lol

Originally posted by bistav View Post
    Hey all. Currently building a warrior due to Cataclysm. If you guessed Worgen, you sir/madam are WRONG. Finally getting around to my dwarfie warrior I've always dreamed of... "Nobody tosses a Dwarf". Anywho..

Warrior builds. Best for leveling.. Arms or Fury? I'm guessing Arms due to nothing having "chance to hit" increases on it until 60+?

PS: I'm also just bored as hell at work and making posts... lol
    Fury is crazy OP while leveling, I'm 2-3 shotting mobs my level sometimes. And I think with all the changing to gear given while questing I'm sure you'll find +hit on alot of stuff. I've seen quite a few +hit items even with cloth gear on my level 56 lock.

Comment

Sweet 'Dude', i'll try Fury when I get back to the house in a few. Right now I do 51 DPS as ARMS (Lol irl), so I'll see what it changes to as FURY

PS: I'm level 20, keep that in mind :P

Comment

Sweet 'Dude', i'll try Fury when I get back to the house in a few. Right now I do 51 DPS as ARMS (Lol irl), so I'll see what it changes to as FURY

PS: I'm level 20, keep that in mind :P
        My warrior alt is level 34 I think, haven't played him in like a week. But Fury is crazy op leveling up so far, def something you should look to see if you enjoy it.

Comment

would u suggest using the zygor talent guide or have you noticed anything you could've done different?

Comment

Prot and level using the dungeon tool XD

Warriors are the best tanks IMO.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment

Originally posted by Skippyninja View Post
              Warriors are the best tanks IMO.
              I honestly haven't even considered using Prot as a leveling tool. I forget when dual talent speccing is available but I'll be sure to use that... and oh yeah definately ALWAYS using dungeon finder :P I have a druid & pally that I have tried tanking on both... I'm having more fun on my 24 warrior than either of those... spamming Thunder clap :P

Comment

I honestly haven't even considered using Prot as a leveling tool. I forget when dual talent speccing is available but I'll be sure to use that... and oh yeah definately ALWAYS using dungeon finder :P I have a druid & pally that I have tried tanking on both... I'm having more fun on my 24 warrior than either of those... spamming Thunder clap :P
                It's now level 30 for only 10G

Comment

Originally posted by dudedafool View Post
                  It's now level 30 for only 10G
                  I hate Blizz, I want 990 x2 back for the dual specs on my mage and priest!

Prot is a bit slow to level since you're not tearing through mobs, but you can effectively live through a 4:1 brawl. It's very satisfying to block, dodge and parry everything while merrily hacking away at the enemy.
                  85s
                  Skippyninja
                  Oomatherman
                  Judedaniels
                  MissRuPaul
                  Sumekomovani
                  Pattymelt
                  Shamwiches
                  Twonewon
                  Takakoinaba
                  Cursesmcgee

Comment

I actually have dual spec in prot/fury and find fury to be more of a pain to level with. Not only do I lose more health, but I don't do nearly as much damage as my prot spec. I use dual wield on my fury, and weapon/shield combo on prot, but the revenge skill with the talent that goes with it, mauls through most mobs 2-3 levels above me. Along with Devastate which adds sunder armor aside from doing + damage per sunder added it helps me wait 'till Revenge is activated, and usually do 1k+ on a revenge. 300-500 per Devastate.

It may change later on, providing Fury gets better, but I love the ability to take on 4-5 mobs, plus kill them within seconds. Fury I nearly die taking on anything above 2, and I still do quite a bit, but it seems faster cooldowns for prot help deal out dps quicker.

Comment

Im currently levelling a Fury Warrior.

Suprising how fast you can mash though mobs. An equal level mob fight is over in 3-5seconds.

It's very satisfying being top dps in dungeons too. Make sure you have a nice big slow hitting weapon in your main hand, and a quicker weapon in your off hand.

Plenty of dungeons will help get good gear, as will completing quest lines, but now I'm teaching you how to suck egg's
                      lvl85 Balanced Druid - Platty
                      lvl85 Unholy Deathkinght - Overiord
                      lvl35 Fury Warrior - Razorice
                      lvl32 Protection Paladin - Krateos
                      lvl31 Arcane Mage - Andvari

Comment

Originally posted by zerosk8j View Post
                        I actually have dual spec in prot/fury and find fury to be more of a pain to level with. Not only do I lose more health, but I don't do nearly as much damage as my prot spec. I use dual wield on my fury, and weapon/shield combo on prot, but the revenge skill with the talent that goes with it, mauls through most mobs 2-3 levels above me. Along with Devastate which adds sunder armor aside from doing + damage per sunder added it helps me wait 'till Revenge is activated, and usually do 1k+ on a revenge. 300-500 per Devastate.

It may change later on, providing Fury gets better, but I love the ability to take on 4-5 mobs, plus kill them within seconds. Fury I nearly die taking on anything above 2, and I still do quite a bit, but it seems faster cooldowns for prot help deal out dps quicker.
                        All that you mentioned damage wise, as well as the "Slam Shield" makes the prot spec the choice I have been using to level my warrior. The furry spec may be a good spec to use once I get the "Titan Grip" ability, but so far it has been less user friendly than the prot.
                        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
                        X