paladin after last patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paladin after last patch

For the frist time I try to play a pala. After last patch it seem to be the worst solo class in the game! People usually say it was the best solo class tie with the hunter.
    Does it improve soon or the new pala now suck at higer level too?

Cheers!

I can't speak for others... but I will say this for myself. As of last week (the last time I played my Pally), I have taken my Ret Pally into quest areas that have killed every single one of my other toons (hunter, mage, rogue primarily since he isn't 55+ so I can't compare him to my DK yet) and some of the quest areas killed my others toons repeatedly... and he has walked out of them hurt, sometimes near death... but alive. His ability to hit hard (and even harder with the Holy point abilities) as well as self heal has kept him alive while my other toons have died in the same situations. He can take on 2 or more competitive mobs and even when another jumps in, he's the one still standing in the end.

At least, that's how it is with my ret Pally... I can tell already, he's going to end up as either my 'main main' or at least 'one of my mains'.

Just my .02 worth
    * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

A Ret Pally is the first class I'm taking from 80-85, so I dont' really have something to compare it to, but I find most of the Cata mobs to be HARD. It might be because last I played the pally it was when the talent trees were 51 points and there was no Holy Power, so I my current rotation might be off, but all throughout the 80-85 zones, I've had a really hard time taking on 2 mobs at a time. I remember leveling him 1-80 and being able to take up to 5 mobs at a time sometimes, but with the huge health pools of enemies, I can't take 'em down fast enough without having to use Holy Power to heal myself almost every time its full.

I'm currently at 84 (about 6 bars into the lvl), and absolutely LOVED being a pally for the first 80 levels, but recently its just been very tough. Guess I'll play DK or Rogue in Cata and see how they do...
      Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder

Current Weight: 222
      Goal Weight: 198
      16 Weeks til WI State Fair Bodybuilding
      22 Weeks til NANBF Badger Classic

Comment

I think they got buffed after last patch. I'm able to solo dungeons my lvl (73). Of course, I'm lvling as prot so it's really hard for me to die.

Comment

Originally posted by jerothas View Post
          A Ret Pally is the first class I'm taking from 80-85, so I dont' really have something to compare it to, but I find most of the Cata mobs to be HARD. It might be because last I played the pally it was when the talent trees were 51 points and there was no Holy Power, so I my current rotation might be off, but all throughout the 80-85 zones, I've had a really hard time taking on 2 mobs at a time. I remember leveling him 1-80 and being able to take up to 5 mobs at a time sometimes, but with the huge health pools of enemies, I can't take 'em down fast enough without having to use Holy Power to heal myself almost every time its full.

I'm currently at 84 (about 6 bars into the lvl), and absolutely LOVED being a pally for the first 80 levels, but recently its just been very tough. Guess I'll play DK or Rogue in Cata and see how they do...
          As far as Cata, I think it is that the new mobs do hit pretty hard - that and the re-spawn rate. When I've been running through some of 80+ quests I've been running with my fiance's Hunter... and most of the time we can handle the onslaughts, taking on 3-5 at a time and keeping everyone alive - with an occassional lost pet or ghoul... even sometimes with almost continuous streams of mobs, I've been able to regenerate as fast as I'm getting hit overall... but then there are some mobs that not only hit harder, but have respawn rates that are so tweaked up so that it can supply the 5 million players that are running though the zone... and we have to fight our way out of the area... sometimes we make it, sometimes we've died... (Holy DK and BM Hunter)... but that's the way it goes, right? lol

Comment

Yea, the respawn rates are pretty messed up imo. And tell me bro, what is a holy DK? lol. I'm thinking you either meant, holy pally or unholy DK since you were talking about a loss of a ghoul. And do forgive my ignorance on the lingo, different servers, different areas so different terms can be assumed lol.

Comment

Haven't tried levelling my 80 ret pally yet but I found it very difficult to start with in Hyjal with my fresh 80 mage (in a mixture of heirlooms and Zul'Drak gear). The combination of hard-hitting mobs with big health pools and the insane respawn rate meant quite a few deaths.

It did get better, though - by the end of Hyjal I'd replaced pretty much all my gear with drops and quest rewards and was back to 2- or 3-shotting mobs

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
                Yea, the respawn rates are pretty messed up imo. And tell me bro, what is a holy DK? lol. I'm thinking you either meant, holy pally or unholy DK since you were talking about a loss of a ghoul. And do forgive my ignorance on the lingo, different servers, different areas so different terms can be assumed lol.
                Yea... that would be my Unholy DK... lol

That's what I get for posting when I'm at work...

Comment

It's cool bro. I kinda figured that's what you meant. I'm hoping to get a special title here on the forums of either: Tin-Foil Hat Entrepreneur or Forum Jackass.

Comment

I'm lvln my pally in prot don't ask me why but it's fun as hell!
                    I'll pull 4-6 mobs if there close together and lose half my hp and they drop faster then I'd think
                    prot pallys rule lol
                    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
                    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
                    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
                    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
                    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
                    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
                    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
                    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
                    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
                    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
                    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
                    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Guess I'll OS protection and try that out...

Comment

The second toon I took through the new content was my pally. I tried the ret spec on a few pulls, but got hammered way to much. In prot at level 83 I soloed 3 elite 83 mobs and walked away with 50% health. The mobs die a bit slower, but I have only died 3 times vs 18 times on my mage.
                        And I have to agree, pulling 4 - 5 mobs together and hammering them down is a blast.
                        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

In my opinion, Pallies are still the most OP class in the game but according to blizzard, they're "balanced" lol

Comment

Just a followup, used off spec to go protection and the difference is night and day. Took a build from wowpopular and google'd 4.0 protection pally rotation and have been flying through twilight highland. Will def hit 85 today.

Levling my warrior awhile ago leveled protection and really liked it compared to fury. Revenge just destroyed everyone. Seems weird that defensive builds roll so well in pve. But whatever

Comment

Just started a prot warrior to see the new Tirisfal and Silverpine quests with all the Undead/Worgen lore. I'm surprised by how much fun it is, even at low-level (l25 now). Haven't died once and can just dive into a whole camp of mobs and come out smelling of roses

Comment

Working...
                              X