Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account locked.

Well, guys.

My account was officially locked as of 6:00 am PST this morning. My reaction? and then Until I realized that I have no anti-virus program on my comp. It looks like my comp may be headed for the shop to get a professional installation + anti-virus scan done as well as the standard malware check.

I'm in the process of trying to get my account back, but it may be a while before I'm on again in game.
    My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Well here's to hopeing you get your account back wowvern. And may I recommend AVG Internet Security as a Security Protection Program. So far the only problem I have had with it is this: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...-paid-versions. It's a big thing but it did get resolved in 24 hours. And it's the only thing that has happened to me with it.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by wowvern View Post
      Well, guys.

My account was officially locked as of 6:00 am PST this morning. My reaction? and then Until I realized that I have no anti-virus program on my comp. It looks like my comp may be headed for the shop to get a professional installation + anti-virus scan done as well as the standard malware check.

I'm in the process of trying to get my account back, but it may be a while before I'm on again in game.
      Just a suggestion to someone in your shoes - if you have a bit of time (aka, much better if you have another computer that you could use - even if it's not as good). If that's the case, I recommend grabbing your install disks and trying to do it yourself. Installing an OS isn't that hard and installing decent anti-virus and anti-spyware isn't too difficult either.

You may be able to save yourself some time by downloading some good anti-virus and anti-spyware and see if you can recover what you already have. If you're thinking of bringing the computer to the shop to have it redone then I gather you have some funds to work with - in which case, get yourself a good PAID anti-virus solution.

Personally I use Norton-360 but I'm certainly not going to say it's the 'end-all-be-all' - there are MANY decent detection/protection programs out there.

BTW - the reason I recommend trying it yourself is two-fold:
      1) You learn - even if you end up not being able to get it all done and can't fix the problem, you're no worse off than when you started, other than some time spent - and you may have learned enough to help you get through the next time you need to do it.

2) Bringing a computer into a shop to get it fixed is not cheap... the more you try, the more you will learn, the less times you'll have to pay someone else to fix it for you.

How do I know this? Well, I've been working on computers since before they were micros and currently provide IT support for Marines on a Navy base in Virginia Beach. If I were local... I could be one of those people that could do what you need done for you... but as I said... it's really not difficult... it just takes some practice and patience.

Good luck with it!
      Matt
      PS. Before you download an anti-virus or anti-spyware program... do a little research first... don't just grab what you find in search engines... some of the ones you find can actually be malware in themselves, very cleverly marketed to get you to download them and then pay for them to remove what they've actually installed. So once you find what looks like a decent program, go back to google and search for the product and look for reviews... reviews on pc-mag, cnet and pc-world are good places to look.
      * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Working...
      X