What's next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's next?

As we roll through the new zones, dungeons, and other content that are available to us with Cataclysm, I wonder, "Okay, Blizz, what could you possibly do next?"
    • They've up-ended the table by changing the landscape in a major way.
    • We got a cult trying to subvert nearly every NPC out there
    • A dragon is on the loose threatening to turn everyone into a crispy critter
    • And no sooner than you enter a new zone, than you find out yet another boss mob is trying to do his version of "taking over the world!" (narf!)

So, what do you folks speculate could happen in the next major expansion?

Originally posted by am88 View Post
    As we roll through the new zones, dungeons, and other content that are available to us with Cataclysm, I wonder, "Okay, Blizz, what could you possibly do next?"
    • They've up-ended the table by changing the landscape in a major way.
    • We got a cult trying to subvert nearly every NPC out there
    • A dragon is on the loose threatening to turn everyone into a crispy critter
    • And no sooner than you enter a new zone, than you find out yet another boss mob is trying to do his version of "taking over the world!" (narf!)

So, what do you folks speculate could happen in the next major expansion?
    Blizzard will run out of ideas and change all of BC content.

Comment

That and they are probably going to let you go to other planets. That is what will be the need for Outlands redesign.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Im pretty sure they have the setup for the next expansion with the Twilight cultists saying, "We serve Deathwing, but we also serve a higher power."
        I think this "higher power" is the next bad guy setup.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Who they mean is the old god who corrupted deathwing. He will most likely be a boss in the cataclysm expansion pack.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Our GuildMaster is a manager at a GameStop store, and last night was really going on about how excitied he is about the Little Big Planet 2 release.

Since we have the riff and pet on Flowers vs. Zombies, I wonder if a Sackboy pet is in our future.

Or user designed zones? (nah... no good... Kam will have to constantly reply how Zygor doesn't provide a guide for that)

Comment

About all I can think of right now that's left will be the Emerald Dream thing from the Stormrage Novel. The Old Gods. And Sargeras leader of the Burning Legion. Most likey the end of the World of Warcraft will be the confrontation with Sargeras. Also a lot of people have said that Blizzard has said that they don't want character level to go beyond level 100. So as soon as we reach 100 WOW maybe over and will then be continued in Warcraft 4 a new RTS.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Or maybe the titans return. I am not going to repost what I said in my post but if someone wishes to add it to this be my guess. But as with what was said the max level being 100 yes I heard that too. But from what I have gather either they do a WoW 2 I am not sure they will have WC fps 4.0 but who knows. Or they could combine the two elements where it is both where you could "command" units etc but work your character up like in WoW but your end goal is to be a commander etc. Who knows.

I am surprise they havn't made Starcraft into a MMORPG like WoW. Since they are making a ton load of money off of WoW think about how much more they could make off of World of Starcraft or Universe of Starcraft. Most other MMORPG companies have more then one MMORPG game they have out.

Also if they did that think zygors would get even more customers cause of the guides need for that game etc.

Comment

Only if they allow addons like the do for wow has been Zygor's response if somebody asks him to make a guide for a game. Actually cataclysm has been deemed by most if not all of the people I read as wow 2. So far blizzard has said they wouldn't make a Starcraft MMO since they already have wow. And wow is basically almost a full time job by itself. And the next MMO has been confirmed to at least to be called Titan so far and is rumored heavily to be a FPS. The conspiracy is that the FPS they will be making will be a HALO MMO. Before it got scrapped the HALO MMO was called Project Titan. But that would majorly depend if they can negotiate a deal with Microsoft which I doubt. And if that leaked report can be believed to some degree that will be released sometime in 2014 or later and my money is on later

Here is a video of the what has been confirmed about Titan which isn't much:

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I actually kind of want WoW to stop sucking. It's nearly impossible to do anything besides level unless you're running with guildies and even then there's no guarantee that you'll succeed. I've actually stopped caring about my mage and priest because I'm over everything.

On the flip side I started a shadow priest on Zangarmarsh-US and I'm loving all the new story lines in westfall and redridge.
                    85s
                    Skippyninja
                    Oomatherman
                    Judedaniels
                    MissRuPaul
                    Sumekomovani
                    Pattymelt
                    Shamwiches
                    Twonewon
                    Takakoinaba
                    Cursesmcgee

Comment

The problem with WoW is that getting to the new content for new players gets more difficult with each expansion.
                      OK, with Cataclysm they made the game much better at lower levels but it takes so much time to get to 85 to see the endgame content.
                      Another problem is that playing has changed much since the beginning of WoW and MMORPGs in general.
                      When WOW came out these games were new and exciting. People explored everything, quested, did dungeons to get into the story. Now people only play reach the maximum level and do the endgame stuff. That's why most other MMORGPs fail, people rush though in a few days and find out that there's not much to do at the maximum level. And they don't remember how long it took for WoW to become as complete as it is now. If they played WoW when it came out the way they play games now WoW wouldn't have been such a success.

With the current content they need to release the first major patch in the next two months because then people will complain a lack of content. And if they need more than two years until the next expansion I bet many people will quit WoW.

I'll probably never see a Cataclysm raid as I don't like to do the same dungeons over and over for weeks until I have the equipment that other people imply I should have to get into a raid. I just want to play a goblin and a worgen through the whole game, skill professions and go through the Cataclysm content with at least 2 of my level 80 chars. And then I'll maybe pause the game for the first time after 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                        The problem with WoW is that getting to the new content for new players gets more difficult with each expansion.
                        OK, with Cataclysm they made the game much better at lower levels but it takes so much time to get to 85 to see the endgame content.
                        Another problem is that playing has changed much since the beginning of WoW and MMORPGs in general.
                        When WOW came out these games were new and exciting. People explored everything, quested, did dungeons to get into the story. Now people only play reach the maximum level and do the endgame stuff. That's why most other MMORGPs fail, people rush though in a few days and find out that there's not much to do at the maximum level. And they don't remember how long it took for WoW to become as complete as it is now. If they played WoW when it came out the way they play games now WoW wouldn't have been such a success.

With the current content they need to release the first major patch in the next two months because then people will complain a lack of content. And if they need more than two years until the next expansion I bet many people will quit WoW.

I'll probably never see a Cataclysm raid as I don't like to do the same dungeons over and over for weeks until I have the equipment that other people imply I should have to get into a raid. I just want to play a goblin and a worgen through the whole game, skill professions and go through the Cataclysm content with at least 2 of my level 80 chars. And then I'll maybe pause the game for the first time after 4 years.
                        I understand that agree with you. I play Wow like I enjoy reading Stephen King - it's "bubble gum for my mind". I don't want a game that I have to work too heavily to be half-way decent at... that's why I don't play on PVP servers. Now, I do like a game that's easy to play and with a little more effort gets even better - to me, that's where WoW is most of the time. I too doubt that I will see the inside of a Cata Raid... or if I do, it would likely be after the next expansion is out... lol I enjoy leveling, I even enjoy BGs although I die like crazy... but I love the few moments when I get to pounce on that Rogue and take him/her down... yea, it's probably someone that doesn't play him/her as well as they should... like when I play mine... but it's still a simple pleasure, ya know?

I'm REALLY enjoying leveling my Ret Pally. He has lived through quests that none of my other toons lived through. I find that I no longer even look ahead to see what's in the area... I just charge in and if he agros 4 or 5 mobs, then he just has to throw a heal in here and there while he's killing them one by one. But like my DK, I can see him getting decent at the heroic RDs (my DK can't do the Cata ones yes, just the WoLK so far) and getting nice gear from them - even saving up honor and JPs and buying even nicer stuff... but raiding? That takes another level of commitment that I'm just not thinking I'll be getting to... not with going back to college at the end of the month, a family, a job... basically, a life outside of WoW... lol

I'll just enjoy playing the game and see where it goes... for now, I'm still very much enjoying it.
                        * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

One thing that makes me a bit sad about WoW is that it now plays more like and offline RPG.
                          I liked the way it was in WotLK with quest lines leading to group quests. As we are a guild of 4 people we enjoyed playing together but with all that phasing it has become impossible - unless all are plaing with the same leveling guide but they don't want to buy Zygor's guide
                          I doubt Blizzard will change that with future expansions. Many people complained about the phasing in Icecrown as it was difficult to do group quests there. And now it all went worse so they removed all group quests. The only ones left in the game seem to be the arena quests in Twilight Highlands.

Voltec, if you go into the Cataclysm content look for the Redsteel armor things and the Obsidium Executioner, my Death Knight wouldn't miss them

Comment

Originally posted by Skippyninja View Post
                            I actually kind of want WoW to stop sucking. It's nearly impossible to do anything besides level unless you're running with guildies and even then there's no guarantee that you'll succeed. I've actually stopped caring about my mage and priest because I'm over everything.
                            Doesn't sound like the game sucks in your statement.. it sounds like the people you run with suck.

I agree with Cartman in that WoW has come a long way and it is played differently now than it was when it came out. Quite a bit of it's fan base at the beginning came from a game called EverQuest... which was very text and story based.

Blizzard seems to have gotten themselves into a pickle trying to cater to both hard core gamers and casuals. So in effect, the game has been a rollercoaster in terms of difficulty. It went from Decent (Vanilla), to Good and Challenging... kinda (TBC), to faceroll (WotLK), back to challenging (Cata). WotLK was their big jump in subscription base because they made the game much more approachable for the casual players. In the mean time, hard core players got bored with the game because it was too simple.

That being said, i predict that Blizzard is going to put dungeons/raids into staging type phases. They have already done this in some instances (ICC), but i think they are going to implement this more with everything. This will allow the hardcore peeps to feel a sense of accomplishment and challenge, while later on, allowing casuals to experience the content.

The problem here is, Hardcore’s won't have that elitist feeling of "I have things that not everyone can have", and casuals may be impatient with not being able to play the game up front.

We'll see what's up i guess.
                            I am CDO. This is a lot like OCD, except the letters are in alphabetical order... as they should be.

Comment

I moved our EQ stuff over to it's own thread.

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...73-EQ-Memories
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Working...
                              X