This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argument here.

Jegz I am in the same boat as you. But I also DON"T feel it is right for you to have to pay for the Cooking and Fishing Dallies that all can have access for and Kam's reply to what he said is A. Stupid and even Cabby agrees with what I was asking. As others have said before mods here seem to be RUDE! certain ones are nicer but all in all RUDE!

If zygors is going to charge for the above dallies maybe he should also charge for the new content from 1-60 since it was after all NEW CONTENT as Kam has stated in my reply!

ctkdjane1, just to makie it clear to you:
    You purchased a 1-whatever leveling guide and as promised you get free updates for what you paid for. That's why you get the 1-60 guide for free.
    The dailies guide was for WotLK so there is a new dailies guide for the Cataclysm zones.
    I think the dailies in Stormwind (jewelcrafting, cookig, fishing) are available without the dailies upgrade, at least someone mentioned that here. But at least the jewelcrafting daily has a skill requirement of 475 which you cannot have without Cataclysm so this actually is Cataclysm content.
    Also I doubt anyone needs a guide for those three quests, they are usually done inside the city and you get enough help from the Blizzard quest helper on the map.

The second point: the mods here are in no way rude to anyone. We are only forum moderators here and normal customers. I paid for the guide upgrades as anyone else. I paid for the WotLK upgrades, for the WotLK dailies and for the Cataclysm upgrade of both guides. But I understand why we have to pay for upgrades. That's just business.
    In life it is always the case that if you buy something and the product gets enhanced later the early customer does not get the enhancement or has to pay. I even had to pay 5€ more a month for my telephone / internet than a new customer had to apy 2 weeks after I signed the contract. It took me nearly a year until I finally got the reduced price for the running 24 months contract.

Comment

I'd have to agree that the mods here are not rude at all. In fact, it amazes me how they can keep from being majorly sarcastic to the 10th "can you expand the quest title in the interface options so I can read which one it is" in a given day... Ok... it's not that often anymore... but at times it seemed like it was. I know they would love to reply "USE THE SEARCH PEOPLE!"

They do a great job and honestly in my opinion should at least get free Zygor upgrades - they put in MANY volunteer hours to support the product - they have already paid for those upgrades, in time. But that's just my .02 worth.
      * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Then maybe WHY are there alot of people who are saying you "as in the mods" of being rude? At first even I said nah, but after a few run ins with valid questions I had I begun to wonder myself.

As for my question regarding the three dallies. I couldn't care about the Jewerly Daliy but the fishing and cooking are dalies which I consider part of the Old World which were updated with Cata. What some of us are complaining about is some people think of upgrades as this. Harddrive 100 gigs to 200 gigs update windows xp to windows Vista or seven. I am not just the only one to complain as you plainly stated about this subject.

Cartman you mention that I could do it without a guide yes that is true. But guess what I could do the whole game without a guide if I wanted too. I brought this guide like well I hope like everyone else to help guide me to level an alt. Better and faster. I am not saying that I think the dallies in the NEW zones should be free like in Twilight Highlands or Vash'ja I feel yes I should pay for these. Heck, even if Zygor does a dallies guide for BC and he charges for that I won't have a problem with it, but stormwind or orgamiror are not "new zones" and to me I feel should be included with the Dallies and events guide. These two quest can be started as soon as you learn the skill and not cata level.

Cartman also another mod somewhat agreed to what I said, Cabby.

Comment

ctkd;

I will conceed that I may come off strong. I have posted that I dont know how to be less than upfront, and perhaps it will rub a person the wrong way. I only know how to take care of a probem and move on to the next one.
          I dont want to question a persons intelligence or be what some people will consider rude. In fact, my posts in reply to yours (thanks to Chaos) have been removed in case I am coming off too strong.
          What I try to do is take what we have been told by John and relay it to the members who dont spend their time reading every post made.
          I have never said what you suggested was a bad idea, or stupid, or whatever. I just know that what you suggested happen has not happened in the past.
          Ill leave it at that for now.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by ctkdjane1 View Post
            Then maybe WHY are there alot of people who are saying you "as in the mods" of being rude? At first even I said nah, but after a few run ins with valid questions I had I begun to wonder myself.
            Actually, I am not a mod... just a satisfied customer that feels that the mods are doing a great job. You say 'alot of ppl' say that they come off rude? I would say that is an overstatement... or at the very least, if you measure the number of ppl that praise the job they do vs those that complain, you would find the positive comments far outnumber the negative ones.

I will admit that I have not (nor do I plan on) actually crunching numbers for actual statistics, however, I do read the boards fairly often so I feel that my 'guestimates' are close enough for government work.
            * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

K I sent a PM to ctk later today and got ourselves back on track. This has been resolved off the public forums, apropriate appologies have been given and accepted by both sides, and this topic is now dead.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
              X