Paladin ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paladin ?

What is a good leveling spec for paladin's now?

That there has been a major nerf of power on retribution ( talent ) that's what Ive heard.

Paladin's can't do large AOE mob pulls anymore.

Is this true?
    Enjoy Life!:

Do not take life too seriously – you'll never get out of it alive.

Originally posted by creaky View Post

That there has been a major nerf of power on retribution ( talent ) that's what Ive heard.

Is this true?
    That would be correct, when 4.0.1 released it kinda nerfed Ret paladins ability to AOE tons of mobs without being Prot.

Personally, I hate playing my paladin now more than anything.

But everyone has their own opinion, so give it a shot and see if you like it.

Also, Holy Power is really lame, really, REALLY lame.

Comment

Originally posted by creaky View Post

Is this true?
      Hate to disagree Dude, but I have no trouble at all holding as many mobs as the healer can heal me through. Granted the oldschool faceroll 696969 rotation is gone, but it is still very possible to hold multiple mobs on a Paladin. There are very few in game that can pull off me once I lock in a mob. Im not boasting or anything, cause the reason I can do this has very little to do with what I discovered myself, but what someone else told me, and it works like a charm.
      As I posted in another thread, I am more than willing to give this critical bit of information on pally tanking to anyone that wants it, but you have to ask in a PM.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
        Hate to disagree Dude, but I have no trouble at all holding as many mobs as the healer can heal me through. Granted the oldschool faceroll 696969 rotation is gone, but it is still very possible to hold multiple mobs on a Paladin. There are very few in game that can pull off me once I lock in a mob. Im not boasting or anything, cause the reason I can do this has very little to do with what I discovered myself, but what someone else told me, and it works like a charm.
        As I posted in another thread, I am more than willing to give this critical bit of information on pally tanking to anyone that wants it, but you have to ask in a PM.
        I was under the impression he was referring to playing as ret and not leveling as prot. And I was saying that as Ret it's not as easy as it was pre 4.0.1 to AOE down more than 4 or so mobs as ret.

I know the 69696969 rotation as I used it heavily (obviously) during WOTLK. But at it's current state, I don't find ret being very viable. Prot has it's moments but tanking now is a little wonky for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by dudedafool View Post
          I was under the impression he was referring to playing as ret and not leveling as prot. And I was saying that as Ret it's not as easy as it was pre 4.0.1 to AOE down more than 4 or so mobs as ret.

I know the 69696969 rotation as I used it heavily (obviously) during WOTLK. But at it's current state, I don't find ret being very viable. Prot has it's moments but tanking now is a little wonky for my liking.
          For ret I'd have to agree then. To be honest, my pally was a dps god in ret pre 4.0.1. Now I have to improve a great deal to go ret again. I do better DPS in prot spec than I do in ret spec. /shrug
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

For my pally, I used the zygor prot spec to level with. Solo'd dungeons from 15 to 73 without any issues.

Comment

I lvld from 80-85 as prot questing and was loving the fact I could pull 5-6 mobs and kill em all with the odd free heal from the holy points if ur gonna quest I'd say try prot u can try using a 2h wep also but I never tryd it...
              LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
              Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
              Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
              Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
              Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
              Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
              Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
              Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
              Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
              Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
              Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
              Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Holy Pallies are a blast to play... I honestly think that Holy Power was tailor made for this spec so we're not spamming holy light endlessly. I actually use Holy Shock to heal now!

TBH, I've never played anything but Holy so I can't give any prot or ret advice. But if you like to group; Holy has a small wait time compared to ret and it's not instant compared to Prot.
                85s
                Skippyninja
                Oomatherman
                Judedaniels
                MissRuPaul
                Sumekomovani
                Pattymelt
                Shamwiches
                Twonewon
                Takakoinaba
                Cursesmcgee

Comment