OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combat Rogue levelling - which poisons to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabby View Post
    Blizzard changed it so that you can't swap equipment while you're in combat.
    I thought that was only armor, not weapons. Been a while since I played my higher level rogue - the others are 27, 36 and 37. At that level, there's mainly easy mobs and PUG's where you have to choose between looting and keeping up with the dumbass, err..., tank.
    QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
    The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I haven't done any major testing recently, but I do know that before they got rid of the weapon skills I couldn't switch around the weapons on my pally mid fight if I maxed out the weapon skill. I had used Outfitter and even tried it manually but it always wouldn't work until I was out of combat. Had the same issue with a hunter who was working the 3 different ranged weapon skills.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Did a little poison testing on my lvl 73 rogue today, as I was killing Deadwood mobs in Felwood. Very un-scientific, but the mobs dropped much better with wound poison than with instant, even if the tooltip claims that the instant damage of instant poison should be higher than the instant damage of wound poison (sounds convoluted, doesn't it?). The fact is that the mobs with WP dropped from a single hemo and 0-1 autoattack, while I mostly had to stab them twice when using IP.
        I dropped more than 200 of them, so I got a pretty good base for comparison.
        QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.

Comment

Some further "testing" from SM Library, shows that poison is a significant part of the damage:

[Ræv] Recount - Ræv's Hostile Attacks
          [Ræv] 1. Melee 907 66267 (40%)
          [Ræv] 2. Wound Poison 717 33099 (20%)
          [Ræv] 3. Hemorrhage 173 23708 (14%)
          [Ræv] 4. Eviscerate 65 21344 (13%)
          [Ræv] 5. Backstab 31 11763 (7%)
          [Ræv] 6. Ambush 15 6702 (4%)
          [Ræv] 7. Hemorrhage (DoT) 165 2133 (1%)
          [Ræv] 8. Sinister Strike 3 432 (0%)
          [Ræv] 9. Shadow Bolt 4 321 (0%)
          [Ræv] 10. Throw 1 84 (0%)

T'was an unusual run - this shouldn't be possible on a dungeon finder run:
          [Ræv] Recount - Damage Done for Overall Data
          [Ræv] 1. Ræv 165853 (175.3, 52.9%)

Plus 2% of all healing - on a rogue
          QQ

Comment

Originally posted by voltec View Post
            I considered this for my mid level rogue (currently level 45) but then I didn't because honestly, I can't remember the last time he actually thew something... oh, that's right, a few times as something tried to run away from me. I never use it at the beginning of a fight of course, since I like to open with a stealth move.
            Fan of Knives uses your thrown weapon's stats (and poison) to calculate damage, it's great for AoE.
            85s
            Skippyninja
            Oomatherman
            Judedaniels
            MissRuPaul
            Sumekomovani
            Pattymelt
            Shamwiches
            Twonewon
            Takakoinaba
            Cursesmcgee

Comment