OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you better at website support than Blizzard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you better at website support than Blizzard?

Ok here is a problem I have been having with the Community Website for WOW.

You know where there is a log in for the website right it says this:
    Log in with your Battle.net account to post comments and personalize your site content.
    Or this:

When you click the Log in it brings up a black box where you are supposed to enter you email address and password and then the authenticator box to enter that. My problem now is when I click on either of them the black box comes up but that's it no place to enter my information. It's just a black box. To get it to go away I click refresh but I'm not logged in because I couldn't enter my information. This happens on FireFox and Internet Explorer. I have the latest release version for both of them. I have also told Blizzard this means nothing to the log in for the game since I have no problems with getting into the game at all. Now I still have this problem after 11 days of emails back and forth to Blizzard and so far they don't seem to have a clue of what to do and keep telling me the same thing over and over again.

Now here's where I ask for help from y'all. What do I do to fix this please?

I'm going to post each response I got from Blizzard in they're on post so you know what I have already done. Some of this seems to have no response to my problem at all to me.

So here we go.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Greetings ,

My name is , with Blizzard's Customer Services department. Since an active World of Warcraft account is required to post on the forums, please make sure you are attempting to log into the correct website.

For North American versions of the game: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/

For European versions of the game: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/

For Korean versions of the game: http://kr.battle.net/wow/ko/forum/

For Chinese versions of the game: http://www.warcraftchina.com/

TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS:

1) If the World of Warcraft account is currently in frozen status, or you have a payment pending, you may not be able to access the forums. If the account is frozen, please enter new payment information to continue your access to World of Warcraft. If your payment is pending, please be patient as it processes. Your access to the forums will be restored once the payment has gone through.

If the information on your account marks your current billing status as 'Pending', this may indicate that your current billing cycle has started over. During this period of a new billing cycle, the funds required for the next play period must be secured from your bank. There is a grace period which will continue to allow you to play. Until the funds are confirmed as transferred, however, your forum access may be temporarily restricted. This transfer period will normally only last 24-48 hours. If you are experiencing a Login Failure error, it is recommended you wait 48 hours before trying to log in again.

2) As a general step, you may want to clear the temporary internet files and 'cookies' on this computer. Please note that this may clear your saved passwords and settings for certain websites. Instructions on how to remove cached files and cookies for some of the more common browsers are listed below. If your browser is not listed please consult your browser's help files on how to delete cached files and cookies.

If you are using Internet explorer, click on Tools in the menubar at the top, select Internet Options, Look for the Temporary Files or Browsing History section and click the Delete button. Make sure to delete Files and Cookies when prompted.

For Firefox, select Tools from the menubar, click Clear Private Data, and make sure Cache and Cookies are selected and click the "Clear Private data now" button.

For Safari, in the menu bar click on Safari, select Preferences, Security, Show cookies and Click remove all.

Cookies must be enabled for you to access the forums. Your browser security settings or computer security software can stop you from accessing the page properly. If you are unsure how to clear your temporary internet files, or change the security settings for your internet browser, please see your browser's help section for further assistance. You may even want to try a different web browser.

3) If you receive a "Login Server Down" message, the login server itself may be experiencing a temporary downtime. This is often concurrent with login problems with the game itself, and should be resolved shortly after the login server is back online.

You can double-check the server status on the Service Status Forum as well: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011699/

4) If you receive any generic or specific "Error" when you try to post, please wait 5-15 minutes and give it another try. This can occur during website maintenance or even during login server issues (see part #4 above).

We have also received reports disabling Google Web Accelerator has also assisted in various Forum issues. If you are using Google Web Accelerator with your internet browser please try disabling it and then log back on to the forums. If you are not sure how to disable the Google Web Accelerator, please visit http://webaccelerator.google.com/support.html for further assistance.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this email. If you would rather speak with someone directly, please contact Account & Technical Services. Our contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Me:
      Ok somethings different now. I went to check on my account to see if there was a billing pending. Said I have been paid since the 9th of Jan. so I went and tried to log in on the forums to see if it's fixed. When I logged in it did the same thing the black box stayed blank and to get it to go away I clicked refresh like I usually do. But this time after I clicked refresh my character appeared in it's box like it's supposed to after I log in. I don't know whats going on with that black box but I was at least signed in this time when I clicked refresh. So I don't know what to do now. Is it fixed? Or is this going to happen again?
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Blizzard:

I couldn't predict if it's going to happen again. Refreshing is the first fixing option. Also, you can clear the cache and all temporary internet files on your internet browser before attempting to add the card into our system.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Me:
          Had the problem again. Cleared the cache and all temporary internet files and the problem still persists.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Blizzard:
            I have reset the connection between your account and our servers to get it to refresh to see if that helps. Also, with the game closed please try moving or deleting your WTF, CACHE, and INTERFACE folders out of your World of Warcraft directory. These are temporary cache files that will be recreated by the game the next time you launch. Moving them to the desktop makes it easy to replace them if necessary.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Me:
              The reset didn't help. Why do I need to move the WTF, CACHE, and INTERFACE folders? There is no problem with logging into the game. The problem is with the community website not the game. I have no problem with the game itself at all.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Blizzard:
                Try resetting your authenticator through the menu on your mobile device. If that still doesn't work, I'd recommend removing it from your account, resetting the password, then you can re-add it and you should be able to log in normally.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Me:
                  Ok here is a update. Before you sent me this email here I'm replying to I can now login if I click the account button. It asks me for all the information it needs to and I can see my account page. But if I click where it says log in or create account it still brings up the black box that does nothing. If I click where it says Log in with your Battle.net account to post comments and personalize your site content on the page it also brings up the black box that does nothing. Just to see if there is a problem with just my web browser FireFox I tried Internet Explorer and the same problem happens.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Blizzard:
                    Make sure that you have the latest updates for your browsers and other software (Flash and the like) and your computer's OS. If you're using a Beta ore preview release of the browser, use the stable standard version instead. Also be sure that the browser and any security or blocking software is set to allow cookies while on the site. Clear the cache and all temporary internet files on your internet browser.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Me:
                      Done this still no change.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

And the last email today from them:
                        -Be sure you have the latest video, sound, network card and motherboard drivers. More information on identifying your video and sound driver versions can be found at:
                        http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21137

Drivers should be available from the manufacturer's website for each individual component. Motherboard drivers will be available on your motherboard or system manufacturer's site. It is important that you follow all precautions given by your motherboard manufacturer when updating drivers or firmware. Links to manufacturers' web sites can be found at:
                        http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21124

- Be sure you have all the available updates from: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

- Make sure you are attempting to log into the correct website. For North American versions of the game: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/

- If the World of Warcraft account is currently in frozen status, or you have a payment pending, you may not be able to access the forums.

- We have also received reports disabling Google Web Accelerator has also assisted in various Forum issues. If you are using Google Web Accelerator with your internet browser please try disabling it and then log back on to the forums. If you are not sure how to disable the Google Web Accelerator, please visit http://webaccelerator.google.com/support.html for further assistance.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

So it seems they can't do anything for me how about you?
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

So you can use the game without updating your computer with hundreds of dollars in equipment upgrades, but you cant use their forums?
                            The forums requires a better system?
                            The FORUMS?!?

SERIOUSLY?

Holy stupid responses batman!!
                            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Yeah they don't seem to know what they're talking about over there at Blizzard on some things.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                              X