Holy Vs Disc Priest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Vs Disc Priest

Hey everyone! So I'm finally 85 (thanks to the Zygor Guide!).

I'm a Blood Elf Priest currently speced into holy and shadow.

I kept the shadow to lvl up and it worked out really well that way (switch over to holy when doing dungeons) . I'm really comfortable with holy (spend hours setting up UI and key binds) and everyone is telling me how great Disc is especially now that my main focus will be to do 5 mans. I want to be dual speced in holy AND disc but I don't want to opt out of shadow because it seems that it would take me a great amount of time doing daily quest in a healing spec.

My questions are: Is dealing fast amount of damage in any of the 2 specs doable?

And what's everyone's opinion on Disc Vs Holy?

Do you recommend specing in both?

Just in case you want to check out my toon I'll give you name and server: Loumiel, Server: Ysera.

Edit** One more question: Do professions really matter? Right now I'm mining and jewel crafting. If I want to maximize my class potential, which one should I choose? Thanks again!

The reason I'm posting this here is because work is blocking all wow websites and frankly I love the responses I get from the Zygor community way better then the wow forums

Well ur pro's r good jc is great for the gems!
    I've been lvln my priest as disc and shadow but haven't used shadow more then once...and as of now I do more dps at lvl 41 then most dps specd classes so I'm sure u can do dailies as disc! I quest and do randoms as disc and have np what so ever! They rarly break my shield or less I dot 5+ mobs at once lol

hope that helps
    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Originally posted by nin88 View Post
      Well ur pro's r good jc is great for the gems!
      I've been lvln my priest as disc and shadow but haven't used shadow more then once...and as of now I do more dps at lvl 41 then most dps specd classes so I'm sure u can do dailies as disc! I quest and do randoms as disc and have np what so ever! They rarly break my shield or less I dot 5+ mobs at once lol

hope that helps

Hummm, this makes me want to ditch Shadow and try out some Disc tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by maxy05 View Post
        Edit** One more question: Do professions really matter? Right now I'm mining and jewel crafting. If I want to maximize my class potential, which one should I choose? Thanks again!
        No idea about the rest of your post as I only dps on my toons. If you really want to min/max drop mining and pick up tailoring. The other crafted profs give +80-82 intellect while tailoring currently gives +140 intellect.

Comment

Enchanting+JC is always best imo, though you could argue for tailoring on this toon instead of enchanting.

But, since I'm mostly a PvE'r I personally ALWAYS add Enchanting+JC.

Comment

Originally posted by dudedafool View Post
            Enchanting+JC is always best imo, though you could argue for tailoring on this toon instead of enchanting.

But, since I'm mostly a PvE'r I personally ALWAYS add Enchanting+JC.
            I'm down for Enchanting! But it's a BITCH to lvl lol. Gonna cost alot of gold.

Comment

For an end-game raiders perspective, the roles of Holy vs Disc depends on what I need in the group. Since Cata the roles of Holy and Disc have changed. If I need a tank healer, I want a holy priest. Raid heals requires a disc priest.
              Now I cant go over the specific gameplay that changed the roles of holy or disc to change their roles in a raid since my priest is still lvl 36, same as she was 8 months ago.
              My information has come from guild members and other priest players that talk of the change to the roles.
              Im not sure what kind of damage can be done as a disc anymore, but my intent now is to get my priest to lvl 85 (some day) and duel spec her holy/disc for versatile healer role in end-game raiding.
              Hope that helped with at least that portion of your info seeking post.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Keep your shadow spec until you're done with dailies and maxing all the cata reps. Then you can go double heals if you want. Personally I play disc exclusively. I'm one of the few Discs on my server and I find it more fun than holy, which gives me a headache.

Gearing for each spec is situational: Holy raid healers stack more mastery, while tank healing holy tend to favor more int and haste. Disc raid healers also focus on mastery and int, for tank healing again mastery and int but more crit than either stat. It really depends on which niche you're going to fall into during a raid so keep that in mind before you blow your gold redoing things.
                85s
                Skippyninja
                Oomatherman
                Judedaniels
                MissRuPaul
                Sumekomovani
                Pattymelt
                Shamwiches
                Twonewon
                Takakoinaba
                Cursesmcgee

Comment