OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AddOns: You have questions we may have answers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet. That should about finish my UI up.
    My addon list for those that are interested;

*Zygor Guides
    *Bartender4
    *tiptac (replaces the standard popup you get when you mouse over another toon)
    *sexymap (minimap replacement)
    *recount
    *mythreat (less cumbersome than omen)
    *omencc (numbered countdown on CD abilities)
    *quartz (caster bar)
    *WIM (WoW Instant Messenger)
    *prat3 (chat addon)
    *satrina buff frames (highly configurable buff icon setup)
    *healbot [healing toons and pally (buffs)]
    *decursive (good for any toon that can cleanse)
    *magenuggets
    *postal
    *bagone3 (all bags converge into one)
    *crapaway (auto sells the greys etc)
    *badboy (gold spammer reporting and blocking)
    *gatherer
    *auctioneer
    *auctionator
    *marketwatcher
    *altaholic
    *Dr. Damage

Im sure there are a couple more, but those are my primary addons.

EDIT 3/27/11:
    Yep, I forgot some;
    *Ignoremore (adds to your possible ignore count --> I hate trolls)
    *Identity
    *Simpleilvl (puts iLevel of the person I target up on screen)

I will check out IceHud this week. Thanks again Chaos.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

No problem Kamchak. I have a list of addons too but they change so much between characters that I'll only list the ones that are always on:

!BugGrabber
      BugSack
      Bagnon
      BadBoy's Various addons
      Bartender4
      Carbonite
      Chatter
      ChocolateBar
      Broker_Mail
      Broker_MicroMenu
      Broker_Cashflow
      Broker_Tracking
      Broker_SocialState
      Broker_uClock
      DrDamage
      DualSpeccer
      GoingPrice_Wowhead
      IceHud
      Identity
      JPack
      Informant
      MSBT
      MMB
      MoveAnything
      OmniCC
      Pawn
      Postal
      RatingsBuster
      tekability
      TidyPlates
      XToLevel
      Zygor Guide
      Zygor Talent Advisor
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Kamchak you want to go low memory usage? You may want to change recount to Skada for less and even less than that is TinyDPS which is what I use when in Dungeons.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
          Kamchak you want to go low memory usage? You may want to change recount to Skada for less and even less than that is TinyDPS which is what I use when in Dungeons.
          I Saw Skada several times, and will give it a go once I have my UI 100% the way I want it. Right now I'm messing with Bartender4 and the keybinds, and will have to mess with IceHUD as well. *Then* I'll look into changing from recount to another addon.
          I pretty much have all my addons that I use in a dungeon running full-time, and the FPS loss (if there is any) is unnoticeable. Granted I dont run all addons on all toons (decursive on the warrior or healbot on the rogue is just silly).

Comment

I have a pretty generic question...

I love the basic layout of wow, but I know it can be improved to have a better gaming experience. I cannot seem to find any interesting UI for me, sadly. I would like a minimal UI but the ones I saw were made for raids or pvp and didn't fit leveling.

Now I use only few addons, like Bagnon, Mapster, Easymail, Auctioneer with all its side-addons, Omen CC. As you can see they are all "utilities" that improve the gaming experience but don't change very much the UI.
            I am now trying Dominos for the bars and I'm finidng it useful, but now I must change all my layout because of the position of the bars and I pretty much have trouble finding a good setting. So if anyone could suggest me other UI addons It would be great.
            Thanks Zygor & Team for all the good work you've done!

Comment

If you like the basic layout of the original you may want to just try this to MoveAnything on the screen.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

thank you very much Chaos! I'm working on moving around things Basically I kept the Dominos Bars as a stack in the middle-bottom of the screen; on the right I have combat log and on the left I have chat; then in the upper left corner I moved Minimap (though I'm thinking a new and more handy position); I've tried to make a cleaner screen in the upper middle part of the screen, so I have a better visibility in leveling/dungeons/pvp/everything. I moved the player, target and pet bars on the middle of the screen Like I saw on other UIs, with the player a bit to the left and the target to the right. Now I just have to tune it up and find a better position for the mini map. Thanks again Chaos for that addon ^^!

Update: oh, I already did a change that I like! I moved the combat log from the righ to the left side, on the chat (so I now have 2 chat windows one over the other) and the minimap was moved to the bottom-right of the screen; this is also better for Zygor's guide because I have the guide near the minimap in a more bottom-ish position, making the screen even clearer
                Thanks Zygor & Team for all the good work you've done!

Comment

I have a report of a addon conflict for you. If you use Wowhead Looter and RatingBuster together you may get a freezing of the game for 1-2 secs. when you open a weapon or armor merchant window. This has happened to me on the Honor and Conquest points vendors in Orgrimmar. It does not happen on the Accessories QuarterMaster or the Honor Trade Goods merchants.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                    I have a report of a addon conflict for you. If you use Wowhead Looter and RatingBuster together you may get a freezing of the game for 1-2 secs. when you open a weapon or armor merchant window. This has happened to me on the Honor and Conquest points vendors in Orgrimmar. It does not happen on the Accessories QuarterMaster or the Honor Trade Goods merchants.
                    I am using both and I have occasional freezing in-game even while not by a vendor. I will try disabling RatingBuster and see if it works. Thanks!

Comment

Welcome. Let me know if it works for you I have written to both of the addon authors Wowhead and Whitetooth about the issue and hope they have a fix soon. There is a new beta just out for RatingBuster released today. I'll try it out tomorrow to see if it fixes the issue but I don't think it will since the notes don't say anything specific.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

There is a conflict between the new Guild Chat in the Mobile Armory and Prat. If you have Prat and have people use the Guild Chat you will want to disable it until the authors updates it. Fortunately the authors is working on it right now. On wowace is a new alpha version and the note for it says something about it. So a fix maybe coming soon.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Update to the newest version of Prat and the problem should be fixed for the remote guild chat issue.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

wulfgardr;

Sorry for the late reply, but I stopped trying to find a "fits-all" UI to download and started to look into addons that would replace the default function the Bliz UI provides.
                            Safe to say I still mess with things to this day (replaced healbot for vuhdo), but my UI is set up to work with how I want it to work and look. I have a ton more information on my screen than the default UI can provide, with about 30% less space taken up.
                            Mess around with addons if you dont like the bliz setup, and just remember, if you dont like what an addon does, you can just delete it off your system.
                            Ill post a screenshot of my UI in a raid this week along with a copy/pasted list of my addons, so you can all see what is possible with a little trial/error.

Comment

Working...
                            X