Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help / information

Hello All,

I'm using windows 7 and can only see names of folders nothing else.

** no ini, lua, txt ... ***

would like to add some information to the lua file but can't find it?

Is there a setting that is on that may be cause me not to see this information?

C:\wow ...

Thanks in advance
    Enjoy Life!:

Do not take life too seriously – you'll never get out of it alive.

If you only don't see file extensions you can configure the explorer to show them.
    Don't know the english menu names. Maybe extras->Folder options then the middle tab. There's a checkbox for hiding extension for known file types (it's the 5th from top on my Vista).

If you don't see any files I don't know what could cause this, have to google that...

Comment

If he truly doesn't see any files in any folders then it's probably a permission problem - he doesn't have permission to even view the files but has permission to transverse the folders - although since he can execute them (he didn't say that he couldn't play WoW) that means he does have Execute permissions which USUALLY means at least Read access as well... so it sounds more like what Cartman suggested, that he can view files, but they aren't showing the extensions. I don't have a Windows 7 box nearby... but for Win98 it's under Tools->Folder Options - View Tab - Unclick Hide extensions for known file types

I listed that in case it may help you find it in Win 7.

Good luck with it!
      * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Thanks all who replied will try / look into those ides.
        Enjoy Life!:

Do not take life too seriously – you'll never get out of it alive.

Comment

Windows 7 how to show is: Open up you explorer where it shows you C:\ drive and everything. At the top click Organize. Click Folders and Search Options. Click the view tab. Uncheck the Hide Extension for Known File Types. That should do it.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Also to edit the .lua file you will need to associate it with a program like Notepad or Notepad++.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
              Also to edit the .lua file you will need to associate it with a program like Notepad or Notepad++.
              With Windows 7 you can still Right-Click and "Open With..." right? (I have to play more with it - have XP at home and on the clients at work... I'm thinking of upgrading at least one of the home machines to Win 7 and see how it goes.
              * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Yes. But I still think it will ask you to associate the program with something.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                X