Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help a poor and helpless altoholic.

Hi mates.

I think I share this "issue" I have with the game. I am, as a lot of you, a re-roller, an altoholic or how you call it. I like the leveling part of wow, and after Cataclysm I am liking dungeons too.
    The fact that drives me crazy is that after a certain amount of time I spend on a toon, I find myself in the need of trying a new char. For example, I was playing horde since the 16th of March but ever since the last weekend I wasn't "able" to play. I had to change. I took a break the whole w-end and monday, which usually is able to reset some mindsets (sounds weird) and gets me back playing the same char. This time I felt a huge need to reroll, so I made a new char on a new server. I know that changing so much server isn't a good thing because you miss the money that is good for a comfortable leveling (glyphs and mounts) but I had to change server.

I don't know how to write it, It's difficult for me to write what I feel but I would like to ask your suggestions even if are not very much related with my "issue". Again, I now that it's a game and I surely have bigger problems with my life, I just don't feel satisfied with my playing.
    Thanks Zygor & Team for all the good work you've done!

I don't suffer from 'althoholic syndrome' but I do play a few toons... for me it's a matter of what I feel like doing at that time. I have my DK or my Pally when I feel like melee and now I have my priest when I want to do something totally different (running him though random dungeons one after the other). When I feel like marketing, I open up my shop toon and hit the AH... between my toons and my fiance's, she's always got a mailbox full of glyphs, herbs, mining ore/bars, jewelry and many green items to sell (or put in our family guild bank for my enchanter to disenchant). It's all good and fun...

Now my step-son... he has one level 48 and 5-7 alts that he rolls, plays and then deletes... and re-rolls... then he goes back to his 'main' and levels him for awhile and then starts with the alts again... lol I'm trying to keep him focused so he can at least get to his first DK, which he wants to get.
    * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

I can call myself an altoholic too.
      The main problem is that at lower levels you level fast, you get many new things. But then, around level 30-50 you become familiar with the character, have a fixed rotation and do basically the same over and over again.
      This became even worse as you don't get new things at higher levels. Blizzard put many things early into the game.
      WoW has become more and more a simple hack & slay rather than a RPG.
      But hey, I like hack & slay and with heirlooms you rush through the game which is much fun.

Currently I am playing a "new" character as I was getting bored of the 80-85 content after rushing though that with 3 chars. So I decided to transfer one toon and start over to see the all new 1-60 content.
      Now I'm again in Outlands and got bored. So I started to play the next level 80 char through Hyjal.

I know some people that have a rather strange play style.
      They have only one or two level 85 characters, several 40-80 characters on different servers (more than I have) and instead of leveling those they farm materials with their level 85 chars for hours and hours. And they don't need the materials or gold...

Comment

Thanks for your reply. As you have said, with one or two heirlooms, leveling is even more faster (maybe with the guild perk too), if I manage to take 1 char to level 85 I guess it would be a good idea to get some heirlooms for the alts.
        About the ripetitive side of the game, I don't care about that very much, even though with the new talent points there are few things that change while leveling; I find also bad that you don't get usefull spell for a lot of levels. I guess Outland is very bad for me, very few talent points, spells and not exciting questing.
        And last thing, I quote you about blizz introducing everything in the first levels; I can see Blizzard wanted to give players a complete preview of the character's possibilities, but then the game dosen't renew itself that much. Hopefully Zygor makes leveling even less boring and a lot more faster

Comment

At least until level 60 leveling is much fun when you did not see the new zones already.
          Over the last weekend I played my Worgen warrior from 30 to 60, played time currently is 1 day and 7 hours (herbalism and mining at nearly 400, took quite some time for a Worgen to start with the professions).
          But now I'm stuck in Outlands, after playing so many chars I find it quite boring there.

Comment

One thing you can try to help you stick with one toon is instead of rolling a new WoW character, take a week break from WoW and play one of the other multitude of games out there. Some of them are free with item malls so that you can play them and not have to spend more money, but it still gives you that break from your WoW character and gives you something completely different.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Try a few of the games within the game.

Instances/dungeons are fun, if you don't take them too seriously. Expect the tank to be an idiot studying to become a moron, and you will be pleasntly surprised now and then. If you wipe a few times - who cares? Res and try again. The game should be a challenge.

I do battlegrounds, as they are great fun.

I haven't tried arenas, as they require a little more commitment, and I'm a very fickle and casual player.

I research good gear, and go after it. I even had a twink for doing BGs, but the one player I really wanted to play against (a very well played rogue), got hacked and is no more.

I collect pests (pets) on one toon, but you can collect mounts, reputation and achievements as well.

On my hunter, I collect rare elite hunter pets.

And then there are professions, where you can go after the more uncommon recipes.
              QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
              The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Don't forget to play Plants versus Zombies in WoW
                Or buy the complete game for WoW breaks.

Comment

Thanks for all your kind suggestions. I will roll a death knight on a new server and with that I'll do some PvP, just for the fun of pewing some asses. I will also try to run some dungeons as I level - with the help of Zygor - in the boring Outlands. My idea is to level this Death Knight and use it for PvP (battlegrounds only) and collect some Heirloom gear; then I plan to level a "real" toon because I still can't consider DK as a serious class, too OP .
                  Anyways, thanks to pinghansen because your idea was good to me, I also think that working on some Achievements will be good.

EDIT: forgot to say that i have a Mac, thus I can't play some games that people really recommends (like assassins creed, dragon age, black ops and so on) and I don't own a PS3/Xbox360... So yeah, I've got no chances to try games

Comment

Plants vs Zombies should be available for Mac

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                      Plants vs Zombies should be available for Mac
                      That's funny cause my step-son loves that game (for the PC in our case though)...
                      * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Working...
                      X