Holy or Disc priest healing tactics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy or Disc priest healing tactics?

I've been working on leveling a priest via random dungeons but I'm wondering if I'm using the right spec. My priest just made level 30 and I've been running him as holy spec up to this point... but a friend of mine suggested my tactics are leaning more towards discipline. When the tank or other player starts to take damage I throw a Renew on him or her... But if they start to take heavier or quick damage, I throw a Power word shield to stop the damage and let the renew tick them back up. If I have to, then I add a flash heal if the renew isn't going to be enough or if the shield fails.

Does that sound like more disc tactics to you experienced priests? This is obviously my first priest... LOL

Thanks!
    * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

My priest is disc and he is lvl 45 and on boss fites I can shield him then dps the hell outa the boss and renew if I have to...I'm usauly 1st for damage on the boss and also highest dps or less there's a hunter in full BOA's....so disc IMO u can check my spec cabby gave me it's uber leet!
    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Yes, the method you've been using is more suited for a Disc priest. Disc spec gives your shields a lot more oomph to prevent damage and lessen the need for heals where the Holy spec is more focused on improving the healing spells. The Atonement/Smite healing aspect that's part of Disc also lets you feel like you're contributing a lot more, just make sure to get that glyph (can't remember the name) that gives your Smite an 18% hit boost so that you almost never miss.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks to you both for showing me the track to take from here.... Now do either of you have a link to that uber talent build? ;-)

I'll check on that glyph and see if I can use it now or have to wait and use it later...

Comment

Post #8: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...iest-questions

And the Glyph is Divine Accuracy. You can use it at 25.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Much appreciated Cabby! I had looked through a bunch of pages in the Talent Build guide looking for your posts; didn't think to look in a seperate thread... lol

Already put that build into a custom Build01.lua and have it on my Priest.

I was looking for that glyph and now realize that my fiance's inscriptionist is going to specilize in glyphs from the Book of Glyph Mastery cause Glyph is Divine Accuracy is one of them... and currently going for 250g+ in the AH... I'll buy the glyph this time since it would take too long to randomly get that glyph learned from the book - since there are 50+ available and you only learn one randomly from the book... We'll be trying to get them while killing Northrend mobs and watching the AH for them as well... We'll make up the costs once we start getting some of the glyphs people are looking for.

Comment

Working...
            X