OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can longer play game after Blizzard's latest patch. Unplayable LAG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can longer play game after Blizzard's latest patch. Unplayable LAG!

I can longer play game after Blizzard's latest patch. Unplayable LAG! Unplayable fps!

Yes, my computer is 'old' by comparison to many other users, but BEFORE Blizzard's latest patch, I could play the game quite well. Now, I can barely get my char to walk! The fps has dropped to a range between 2 and 12. It was MUCH higher than that before.

I'm guessing the problem might be in Blizzard's new sneaky policy addition of forcing us to agree to let them monitor and use our computer's RAM. WTF? Why can't they just build a game so that it works, instead of becoming 'big brother' with home security? Just my paranoia?

Is everyone else noticing that there is a decrease in fps, or am I alone? My char can't even walk anymore!

I've uninstalled all addons, including Zygor's. I Deleted WoW's "cache," etc. I also reset WoW to its "Defaults." Nothing so far has allowed me to play the game.

Uncheck the new network setting thing?
    I'm geting 60fps on ultra settings..but my pc is a beast!
    LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
    Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
    Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
    Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
    Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
    Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
    Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
    Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
    Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
    Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
    Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
    Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

I can try it tomorrow on my notebook, Core2 Duo with 2 GHz, 2GB RAM and Geforce 8600M-GT, also not the best machine but sufficient for most details on medium. But I'll have to install the patch with that crappy launcher before, that may take a while...

Comment

If you contact Blizzard first thing they're going to tell you is clear your addon folder and wtf folder. They'll tell you to delete them. Instead move them somewhere else then move them back if no improvements.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Could possibly be a mod that is f*cked slowing you down.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. I guess a couple of you missed what I wrote in my original whining post. heh heh.

I wrote and added emphasis to parts of it: "I've uninstalled all addons (not merely unchecking them in the Addons list at the Char Login screen), including Zygor's. I Deleted WoW's "cache," etc. I also reset WoW to its "Defaults." Nothing so far has allowed me to play the game."

Currently, I have been trying to run WoW with NO addons, NO mods, and NO background applications running.

Today, I spent several hours taking my computer apart, and cleaning everything completely. There was some dust accumulation on the ribs of the CPU cooler and its fan. The only thing I couldn't do was add more ThermalTake to the seat of the CPU. I couldn't find that expensive little tube!

What's really baffling me is that immediately after then new patch installed completely and properly, this issue began happening. My computer was running fine before that, and I could play the game without that crippling lag while using Zygor Guides, Carboniteaddon, and Auctioneer Suite installed.

It would be totally ironic if something hardware-wise on my system failed in that short 30-minute timespan (of loading the new patch).

I just now got the computer together, and I haven't yet tried to run WoW. I was hoping somebody offered a solution (or, even information about the latest patch causing this problem for other users).

I'm nearly 66-yrs old and barely able to afford food based upon the limited income from SS. Otherwise, I'd buy a new super-computer like the rest of you have! Ha ha. The one I have is nearly as antique as I am

But.... it was working fine before Blizzard "fixed" the game.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Comment

I think it was read Kreelor, but there are things that cause problems that you wouldn't consider, until after you find the culprit cause.
              Take the patch that introduced RealID and my problem as an example. I was using a chat addon (cant recall name of it) that caused the entire screen to look like a black silk curtain was covering my monitor. I heard all the normal sounds, but no screen. A chat addon caused this problem. Still no idea how that happened, nor do I care to know how; I moved to Prat, so its all good.
              Anything can cause a problem, and there are experienced people in here that can give you a "Hey, sounds familiar, try this out" type of response to save you the massive headaches they endured to get a solution.
              As for my last thought on the problem you are having, I also asked in here for tips on what to buy to build my own system as cheaply as possible, and Cabby ended up giving me a specific "grocery" list to make a fantastic system for under $800.00. My point is, ask a question in here and you usually get more than you hoped for.
              Good luck getting your system to behave once more.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

You could possibly have a conflict with the new patch and some of your drivers. Have you made sure that your sound, video, etc. drivers are all updated?
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Update your Recount/Skada and all other addons, my problem was my Razer Naga addon...
                  85s
                  Skippyninja
                  Oomatherman
                  Judedaniels
                  MissRuPaul
                  Sumekomovani
                  Pattymelt
                  Shamwiches
                  Twonewon
                  Takakoinaba
                  Cursesmcgee

Comment

Another thought I had was to check your video settings. There is a chance they got set back to a default setting and you had them toned down. This has happened to me a couple times.
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
                    X