Did I read that right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I read that right?

Are we now able to send heirloom items cross-faction AND cross-realm?
    85s
    Skippyninja
    Oomatherman
    Judedaniels
    MissRuPaul
    Sumekomovani
    Pattymelt
    Shamwiches
    Twonewon
    Takakoinaba
    Cursesmcgee

No. Only wow account to wow account. But yes to different faction. Has to be same realm on the different wow accounts.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

So if u have two accounts but different servers can u still send em?
      Or does it got to be same server account to account?
      LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
      Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
      Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
      Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
      Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
      Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
      Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
      Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
      Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
      Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
      Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
      Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Heirlooms can only be sent across characters on the same server. The only new is that "account bound" now means bound to a battle.net account, not one WoW account.
        Cross faction transfer was already possible between characters on the same server and WoW account.

Comment

This is how boa's work now:
          You can transfer from one character to another character on the same server and different factions same wow account.
          You can transfer from one wow account to another wow account under the same battle.net account. It has to be same server but can be different factions.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

You can transfer over your heirlooms to another server, however it must be within the same battlenet account and you have to pay the 25 dollars to transfer the character over. So yes there is a way to do it but you much transfer over that character etc. This is the only way to move heirlooms from one server to another.
            I know this because I transfered over a character from 1 server on the same battlenet account to another wow account on the same battlnet account to a different server. However if your looking for a way to mail it from server to server I doubt they will do it but who knows.

Comment

By transfering a character you can move any items and a certain amount of gold (I think it is limited by character level) to any server.
              The good thing about the heirlooms now not limited to one WoW account is that if you have a second account you can create a new character on a second account but on the same server you have the heirlooms, mail him the heirlooms and transfer him to your first account but a different server (I think you need to play the character to level 10 to transfer though). This way you can get heirlooms onto another server without needing to transfer a high level character you want to keep on the first server.

The problem with cross server transfer is that they would have to implement a function to specify a server in the ingame mailbox system as only the character name is not sufficient, character names are unique on one server but aren't WoW wide.
              A better solution would be an item transfer via website, like the character transfer. But they won't do this for free...

Comment

They are going to do this transfer between servers thin but they have said they are having some problems with it. It's in this thread http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...m-Has-Happened in one of the Ask the Devs Q&A's can't remember which one right now will look for it later.

EDIT: Found it post number 294 question number 6:
                Q: Is there any plan to allow Account Bound items to be transfer to other realms? This could really give meaning to the phrase "Account Bound". - 텔레토비아스 (Korea), Деадхил (EU|Russian), Åtchøûm (EU|French), Tellua (NA/ANZ)

A: Yes. Some day. It will take a lot of programmer time to implement, but it’s something we want to do.

More from Bashiok:
                The change in 4.1 allows the item to be sent to another character, on the same realm, on another account, that's contained within the same Battle.net account. So if you have two WoW accounts on the same Battle.net account, you can now send items between accounts to characters that exist on the same realm (including cross faction).

It's admittedly pretty limiting. We still want BoA items to truly be BoA, it's just something that will take quite a bit more development time and technical hurdles to overcome. This is one step in the right direction, though.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Thanks for the info Chaos, as always
                  I'm sure they implement this after I'm tired of leveling new characters and did the last ones without heirlooms due to the current limitations...

Comment

Working...
                  X