SWTOR Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifth wave went out
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Link to server status: http://www.swtor.com/server-status
      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

All waves for today have been sent. But it will continue on as needed.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Bioware:
          Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce that we have now invited everyone who has pre-ordered and redeemed their pre-order code for Star Wars: The Old Republic to Early Game Access. If you haven't yet received an email, start the SWTOR Launcher and you should be able to get into the game.

If you still have issues, please reply in this thread and we'll try to help you as soon as we can. We know there have been isolated issues with code redemption, and we want to help you get into the game. Please be patient as we deal with your issues as fast as possible.

Remember, you will not have been granted Early Game Access unless you have pre-ordered the game, received your pre-order code, and redeemed that code on your account.

If you have picked up a copy of the game already and did not pre-order (for example, from most European retailers), you will not be able to access the game until December 20th, but you will be able to redeem your product registration code now. This should have been explained by your retailer, and was noted on European packaging.

We're not done with invites yet, however. There's still time to pre-order, and if you do redeem a code before Early Game Access ends, you'll still have time to play. After you redeem a pre-order code, we will invite you as soon as possible. We'll be sending invites continuously from now until the end of Early Game Access, and we will no longer .

We look forward to welcoming all of you to Star Wars: The Old Republic!
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From Bioware:
            We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable.

Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer – Live Services
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Yeah, that still doesn't do anything about the current server loads and how people might have created a character on specific servers to play with friends. They need to think about the server numbers a bit more and raise the numbers on the servers to allow for more connections.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Really starting to get pissed at trying to log in and constantly having 20+ minute queues. I shouldn't have to settle for playing on another server or sitting around twiddling my thumbs.

Comment

It's just going to get worse on the 20th unless they lock the servers from more people joining.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

And that will probably be the day that I start up characters on the European servers that are always on light load when I see them.

Comment

So $177 doesn't get me the game by the release date.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

But you do have a 2 day grace period to enter the retail code. They've also said that all Origin pre-orders have shipped at this point, and I already have an email confirmation from Best Buy that I can pick mine up tomorrow. There was just a tweet about retail codes missing from some of the CE pre-orders so I'll have to wait to see if it affects me. I'm just pissed that I have to wait until midnight now to play again.

Comment

I have not been charged yet for it cabby is my problem. So they haven't shipped them all yet. Same for a lot of other people I saw on the forum before it was turned off. Seems to be effecting everyone who preordered from Origin within the first hour which I'm a part of and the people who preorder hours later has already got theirs in hand.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Haha, that'll teach you to not wait a day or two.

Comment

OK I take it back. Just got this:
                              Thank you for ordering from Origin Store on July 21, 2011. The following product(s) has shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Qty Shipped Total Qty Shipped Amount
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              16954 Full - SWTOR 1 1 1 $155.86

But they still should have shipped it on the 16th like they said they would I say.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Funny thing though I still haven't been charged yet.
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X