No announcement yet.

SWTOR Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure, tease me with another beta, then give me a link to get a key and not be able to redeem it because of stupid Bioware maintenance.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Site is back online. I just redeemed my key.

Comment

Me too. Now I just need to look at the site some to see if I'm really interested in the game for possible purchase. I'm sure they've got an NDA so it would be hard to find some real info.

Comment

NDA is still totally in effect or I would be blabbing everything about how awesome it is.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Double check that chaos. There's a few videos on YouTube showing the beta and one of them said that the NDA has been lifted so he can now show us the beta. Claimed in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFvqZTk2mtw

Comment

They are lying. I signed a NDA when I downloaded and installed the client on Wednesday. Also something that big would be all over the various SWTOR Fansites. What they did do though just recently is allow the media to play the game and give info on it up to where you finish the second planet you go to for your faction. But a lot is still under NDA. Class Race combos Talent Trees just to name a few are still under NDA. So no the NDA isn't lifted unless in the media and even they have been told what they can say and what they can't.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From a Bioware SWTOR Dev:
                Hi all,

Just a reminder that if you were a registered member of our website on or before November 11th, 2011, you will be invited to the future weekend test. Regardless of whether you received an email last week or not, please do not take beta keys off of any external websites if you are already a registered member of our site. Let's leave them for the more needy, please.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Well, I just registered last night so I needed the key I took off that website.

Comment

Upcoming Beta Test Weekend FAQ

From a Bioware SWTOR Dev:

Does this announcement mean I can play Star Wars: The Old Republic this weekend (November 11th to 13th)?

No it does not, unless you have a previous testing invite - either to this weekend (November 11th to 13th) or to general Game Testing (ongoing). The Beta Testing Weekend we are referring to will happen within the next few weeks.

When will the Beta Testing Weekend start?

It will happen in the next few weeks. We'll have an announcement on the exact timing closer to the weekend's start.

Will this be the final Beta Testing Weekend?

Currently, we expect it to be.

Will I be able to download the game client in advance of the weekend?

Yes, we will be sending out invites to download the game client in advance of the upcoming weekend.

I logged in to www.swtor.com/tester and there is no download link. Am I still invited to testing?

Yes. The page will change when you are able to download the game client, which will happen closer to the upcoming weekend's start.

I have previously tested Star Wars: The Old Republic. Will I get invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend?

Yes, you will. Every person that is signed up and opted in for Game Testing before November 11th will be invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

I have previously tested Star Wars: The Old Republic and already have the game client. Will I need to re-download the client for the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend?

Yes. The game client has changed substantially since earlier Game Testing phases, and you'll need to re-download it for the upcoming Testing Weekend. If you have been invited to the 11-13th of November Beta Testing Weekend, you will need to patch the game client for the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

Will I need to re-download the game client after the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend, or can I use it during Early Game Access?

You may have to re-download the game client. This will be confirmed after the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

What if I do not live in a launch country for Star Wars: The Old Republic?

As long as you are signed up and opted in for testing, you will be invited to test in the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

What if I have not signed up, or opted in for testing by November 11th?

We are partnering with a number of games media sites worldwide to give away Beta Test Weekend Codes. They are listed in this article. If you receive a code from any of these sites, you will need to sign up on StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com to redeem that code. Further instructions are listed in the post directly below this one.

Should I try and get a key from a media partner, just in case?

If you were already signed up for testing before November 11th, you do not need an additional key. By taking a key, you'll deny someone else a chance to test the game - so please do not apply for a key you will not need!

If you have further questions, please ask them in this thread and we'll try to answer them.

These instructions only apply if you have secured a Beta Test Weekend Code from a media partner site. Click here for the list of participating sites.

Congratulations on getting a Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Code for our upcoming Beta Testing Weekend! Now you need to redeem your Beta Code before 11:59PM CST on Friday, November 18th to get into this Beta Testing Weekend! To help you along, we’ve provided these easy-to-understand steps that will guide you through the process of redeeming your code:

Navigate your web browser to www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com
                    Login to your www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com account by clicking the “Login” button at the top right corner of the website.
                    a. If you do not have a StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com account, click “Sign Up” and fill in the appropriate information.
                    Sign up for our Game Testing Program by going to http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/tester, and accept the Game Testing Agreement. This will enable your account for the Beta Testing Weekend.
                    Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements to run Star Wars: The Old Republic. You can see the minimum system requirements for yourself in our Frequently Asked Questions.
                    Make your way to www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/redeembetacode and redeem your Beta Code.

Congratulations! Your account is now ready to take part in our Beta Testing Weekend. We want to thank you for taking part in this Beta Testing Weekend, and we hope you enjoy your time playing Star Wars: The Old Republic!
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Just to let everyone know that if they do release the NDA on the game I'll be streaming the game. So if you don't get in hope they release the NDA and watch for people to start announcing they'll stream it.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Hehe.. if you look enough on YouTube you can find a lot of videos of game play.

Comment

Yes and they will be taken down as soon as they are found also. I'm not letting any bad marks be on mine just because I want to have more info about a game that will be released 33 something days now with early access starting on 28 something days from now. Not worth it to me for do something like that.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I know and I don't blame you, just saying there is some stuff out there.

Comment

From Bioware Dev:
                              Morning. FAQ about SWTOR client - do you need to reinstall for upcoming weekend if you were playing past weekend. Answer is no.

I'm afraid you're incorrect. The NDA has not dropped, even if MMORPG ask for it.

We would prefer that people do not register a key if already signed up. It's not needed, and takes a key away from someone else.

Another FAQ: those who played in the Nov 11-13 weekend, and general testers, will keep their characters for the upcoming SWTOR weekend.

If you played in a SWTOR testing weekend or event previous to the 11-13 Nov weekend, your characters will not carry over, sorry.

But will we need to re-install for Early Game Access? i can only risk downloading a huge file once. We recommend a reinstall but it's not going to be mandatory, I am told.

the game client for the upcoming testing weekend will be made available when we're ready to make it available... patience please.

That client, when you have it, should be able to be patched to the #SWTOR live client (ie, no re-download). No guarantees tho'. Why no guarantees? It's testing.

yes, the site will show your access (www.swtor.com/tester)- but not yet (for anyone).
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

We are trying to see how fast we can give away 10,000 Old Republic beta keys. go get one!
                                http://www.penny-arcade.com/static/swtor/
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X