Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lawbringer: Paying for addons and the spirit of the TOS

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/09/30/th...it-of-the-tos/

I hope that everything stays as it is, even if a subscription payment model is brought in in the future. I just thought it was interesting that this should come up on WoW Insider, given the discussion over the past few days.

No alterior motive

Comment

I deleted my post. Im tired, and should not get into in-depth issues right now.

mzanker, you are a prince among men.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I do support and evangelise the guides when and where I can

Comment

But... I have this crown and I got it all shinny and.... very well. /pout
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

People forget that these guides take a lot of work to make. Even blizzard doesnt realize that good addons are not easy to make.

How much time does Zygor and team spend staring at their screen writing the guides that get me to level 85?

I bet a lot and thats why im will to pay. I'm not paying for theaddon. I'm paying for zygor's time.

Comment

And Blizzard also benefits from the guides. I would have quit playing WoW years ago if I hadn't the leveling guides that made me level characters on autopilot.

If Blizzard was against guides they would have changed the LUA language so the addons would not work anymore. And we would have to alt-tab out of the game to use PDF guides again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                And Blizzard also benefits from the guides. I would have quit playing WoW years ago if I hadn't the leveling guides that made me level characters on autopilot.
                And i would be stuck at level 40, lost and confused as i was when i first grabbed ZG.

If Blizzard was against guides they would have changed the LUA language so the addons would not work anymore. And we would have to alt-tab out of the game to use PDF guides again.
                <<-- Dual monitor. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
                  <<-- Dual monitor. :P
                  Dual monitors don't give me an in-game waypoint arrow, or quest auto-complete/accept.
                  It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Working...
                  X