How blizzard handles bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How blizzard handles bug reports

Before I contine this take in mind this happen last night in the Nightelf starting area and here is the kicker cause this NPC didn't help out etc I ended up dying twice. In the spider cave there is suppose to be a dyard that is suppose to help you out, while she didn't do anything and everytime she was trying to cast her spells seemed to interrupt all the time.

I reported what happen to Bliizard and I was surprise to get what I got in responce. It was quite a surprise as I thought I clearly stated this was a bug and not what I got in return.

Dear A Christopher T Janecki,

The status of your Customer Support ticket #20587407 has changed to “Answered.”

You can view your ticket details or check its status by clicking the link below:
    <http://us.battle.net/support/ticket/thread/20587407>

If you can’t click the link above, copy and paste the entire URL into your browser.

This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Salutations!

Thank you for contacting us. Along with that, I wanted to thank you for reporting Tarindrella for their recent actions.

I did want to let you know that we take reports of harassment very seriously as this behavior can negatively affect the community by creating frustration or aggrivation. Please know, I will be personally investigating this player and observing both their current actions and previous actions taken within the game. From there, all appropriate actions to cease any violating behavior will be made.

Sadly, we will be unable to discuss any direct actions taken on other players due to our privacy policies. In cases where we have verified violation, account penalties normally include temporary suspension or account closure depending on the frequency and severity.

Safeguarding the community's experience is a very important service that we are glad to provide.

Regardless, thank you again for your time and understanding. As always, feel free to contact us should you have any further questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Game Master Rhiethorn
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com/support

What does the “Answered” status mean?
    - A ticket in “Answered” status means that a Customer Support representative has provided an answer to your ticket.

What can I do next?
    - You can click “Need More Help” in-game, after you view the in-game response.
    - Or, you can choose the “I still have a problem” option on the ticket detail page. Please note that if you choose this option, your in-game ticket will be converted into a web ticket. It will no longer be viewable in game, but will be visible on the Blizzard Customer Support web site instead.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please log in to the Blizzard Customer Support web site at <http://www.battle.net/support/> and reply to the ticket.

Regards,

The Customer Support Team
    Blizzard Entertainment

If you no longer wish to receive these automatic responses from Blizzard, click here to unsubscribe: <https://www.battle.net/account/management/settings/change-communication.html>

Mind you I reported a Bug not a person.

Looks like Blizzard will be banning this NPC from the game. Maybe this happened before and therefore he does not help any players anymore
    I have the experience that quest bugs take a loooong time to be fixed and probably need dozens of reports until someone from Blizzard checks out the problem. A friend had the problem with that one quest below Utgarde in the Fjord where you normally get a buff to go through all the undead. He did not get the buff. Another player just died his way through there but I had a better Idea, took my level 85 arcane mage and cleared the way for him.
    This bug was introduced with Cataclysm and existed for some weeks when he stumbled across it.
    The same with one Sporeggar reputation quest in Zangarmarsh, the repeatable quest that is not repeatable. Don't know if this has been fixed until now.

Other things like reporting players or bugs where you are stuck get solved faster. For example when I was transformed to a ghoul (with the WotLK preevent) and died on the boat to the Exodar. Logging in with that char was impossible as it crashed the game. A GM fixed this in a few hours (and they have been busy because of that bug) by placing me at my hearthstone location.

Comment

I ended up reporting the issue once more and I actuarly got a "live" Gm in tells, anyways the person and I talked. He thinks it is a UI issue and says that that perculier bug has not been reported until now. So he thinks maybe it was an addon or something with my UI which is possible but who knows. The mob which ended up killing me two times which with the help of the NPC I should of been able to kill it at around lvl 3ish or 4ish. Since it was a lvl 5 mob after going to my corpse two times I did ding to lvl 5 and was able to slay the mob without the aid of the NPC but the point was (I would of needed to grind in order to kill it or have Bind on account gear on) The class is a Nightelf Warrior.

Comment

Often it's a phasing bug that causes problems and a relog helps.
        I died one or two times doing the Firelands dailies where you have to kill the 6 elite mobs with the aid of some NPCs. Sometimes I'm too fast and don't look if the NPCs are by my side. Then I fight an elite without any help which is not a good idea

Comment

It's not a game problem for me but I'm still waiting for them to decide how they are going to give me what I payed for on the album I purchased from them.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by ctkdjane1 View Post
            I ended up reporting the issue once more and I actuarly got a "live" Gm in tells, anyways the person and I talked. He thinks it is a UI issue and says that that perculier bug has not been reported until now.
            Well, that's not true for a start. I've reported it myself and also seen blue posts on the forums saying they are looking into it. It started in 4.2.0, I think.

Depending on your class you may or may not need Tarindrella - I died as a warrior (couldn't do enough damage to the 'boss' spider while being melee'd) but had no problem as a druid (ranged).

Very funny that they treated it as an abuse report, though

Comment

Hmm thats weird cause when I told the GM about the issue he/she told me that they had no record of an issue there. Hmm odd, well anyways at least now I know it is a known bug and not something that was just effecting me. I have noticed of late when I do submit a bug report or any petition they seem to answer half assed or not very well as if they have no idea what I am talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by ctkdjane1 View Post
                I have noticed of late when I do submit a bug report or any petition they seem to answer half assed or not very well as if they have no idea what I am talking about.
                Might be just me, but Blizz seems to have changed their CS model of late. It used to be as if your ticket got put into a pool by the type of issue, now it just seems to go into a general grab-bag pool. Where I used to get first contact from someone that could handle my ticket, a lot of the time now I get a first contact then have to get put back into queue for someone that has knowledge with my issue.

Comment

Working...
                X