Glyphs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glyphs

Hi I've been playing wow for about a year now and having an 85 death knight and a 73(and leveling) druid. But im at a dilemma, I have almost no idea how to glyph my guys. I hardly even know what the things are, help would be greatly appreciated.

There are glyph suggestions as part of the Talent Advisor. These are normally based on what's needed for easier leveling and not end game dungeons/raiding. For some good help with the end game suggestions check out elitistjerks.com.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Open up your talent frame, at the bottom of the window you will see a tab that says "Glyphs." There are 3 categories of Glyphs: Prime, Major, and Minor. You may have up to three (3) of each type active at a time (a total of 9). The glyphs your class can learn are listed on the right side of this window, sorted by type. If you have learned a glyph it will be illuminated, if you haven't the glyph will be shadowed. Glyphs are made by characters with the Inscription profession and are commonly found on the AH, sorted by class. Once you learn a Glyph you will know it forever.

To apply a glyph you must first learn it. To learn, right click on the glyph in your bags. Once you've learned the glyph you will be able to apply it to your talent build. To do so, right click the glyph from the list on the right side of your talent window (under the glyph section) your cursor will light up blue. Left click in an applicable circle on the runic design on the left portion of the window. After a short cast time, the glyph will be applied.

To see which glyphs are best for your class visit elitistjerks.com as cabby mentioned or noxxic.com. Post ?s if you have them.
      85s
      Skippyninja
      Oomatherman
      Judedaniels
      MissRuPaul
      Sumekomovani
      Pattymelt
      Shamwiches
      Twonewon
      Takakoinaba
      Cursesmcgee

Comment

One nice thing about the current glyph system (compared with the WotLK one) is that you only need to learn a glyph once now - you can then use it in your secondary spec, too. Also, replacing a glyph no longer destroys the one being replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by mzanker View Post
          One nice thing about the current glyph system (compared with the WotLK one) is that you only need to learn a glyph once now - you can then use it in your secondary spec, too. Also, replacing a glyph no longer destroys the one being replaced.
          But because of that you pay a arm and a leg for it on the AH now.
          I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.
          Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
            But because of that you pay a arm and a leg for it on the AH now.
            That's a good thing - I've got both an Alliance and a Horde scribe

Comment

Working...
            X