OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So speculate how long until MOP? June, August, October, December or ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mists of Pandaria Press Tour Interview - Greg Street Pt.2

Which classes needed the most changes in the expansion according to you? Is there any class that got reworked more than the others?
    I think hands down the Warlock got changed the most. We felt like the Warlock could never really deliver on the promise of the three different specs, Demonology, Destruction, Affliction. Destruction always felt like "I’m a Warlock that plays like a Mage?" Demonology just felt like "I’m a Warlock but my pets do a lot of damage and that’s about the only difference". Demonology and Destruction now have their own resource system. Destruction is trying to build up this fiery force. They basically start catching on fire, their hands catch on fire, and then their whole body catches on fire. Then they can unleash Conflagrate, their really powerful damaging spell. Demonology similarly has a bar they fill up, but this bar drives how long they can stay in demon form. So rather than their Metamorphosis just being a cooldown that lasts for a few seconds, they can try to game it to stay in demon form for a fairly long amount of time. They decide when that happens and how that happens.

How bad did you nerf Paladins?
    You know, I always say this, but I think Paladins will be pleasantly surprised. We have fixed some of the RNG in their rotations, they now have a more dependable supply of holy power, and there are fewer gaps in the rotations. Holy is in pretty good shape already. I think ret and prot will be happy with how they feel in beta.

Which new class abilities are you most excited about?
    Wow, that’s a broad topic. Players get really excited about Ascendance, the Shaman ability. I think something about the term "lava beam" just really struck a chord. Players are like "Lava beam, now I can’t wait to play my shaman!". So that was pretty fun. I don’t think we have talked about what we are doing for the hunter yet. I think a lot of hunter players have guessed it but the hunter level 87 ability is basically you get all your pets at once for a short amount of time. So if you have 5 pets in your stable, they all come out and do damage for a little bit of time, and that’s really fun cooldown for them. I think it increases Beast Master’s damage by 80% while they’re out, or something ridiculous like that. That’s a pretty fun one. The rogue 87 ability is group stealth, so you get to have your whole group be stealth for a short period of time, that’s cool. The most complicated one is symbiosis for the druid, where they give you a druid ability and they get one of your class abilities to use. The matrix there sounds more confusing than it really is but there's a lot of weird gameplay going on with the kind of abilities that get traded around that way. It will take a lot of iterations, and we give players abilities that are way too powerful and then we have to scale them back.

How are challenge mode rankings going to work? Can we expect worldwide rankings on the official site at some point?
    Yeah, what we are doing is dipping our toe into the waters of competitive PvE. This is something players have been excited about every since World of Warcraft came out and now we’re trying to get into that game a little bit to. I don't know if we'll do world wide originally, we will at least do region wide, and that will be on the armory site. Within the game you’ll be able to compare your ranking to your friends and your guildies and things like that. The rating for challenge modes are medals, there is a bronze, silver, gold medal and maybe some stuff beyond that. Bronze will be the kind of thing that if you can finish the dungeon at all (remember challenge modes are a little harder than heroics) you will probably get bronze. Then after that the time factor starts to be really important, we don't expect many players to get gold, that may be only a few percentage on each server will get gold and then beyond that we're going to have to start measuring in the fractions of a seconds, into the milliseconds as if you’re doing the 50 yard dash. We think it will be a really big deal when someone is like "Oh someone got a new high score for Shado-pan Monastery!"

With 5 man dungeon challenge modes bringing truly balanced competition through normalized gear levels, are there any plans to implement the same thing for PvP where an even playing field is even more important?
    Yeah, I definitely understand why some players want that. When they do tournaments and things like that, they don't want gear to be a factor. They want it to be all about skill. On the other hand, gear is like the single most valuable reward in World of Warcraft. So if you had a PvP game where gear wasn't rewarding, I worry players would quickly run out of things to do. It might be fun for the individual matches, but I think if we did it, it would have to not replace PvP, but be some type of extra option. The same way we do the arena tournament realms or maybe this "challenge mode PvP" where gear doesn't matter.

What's happening with the new Female/Male Warlock pets, is this still being considered? What about the demon form? Should we expect any other changes for those pets?
    Yeah, so to do a female Voidwalker we just put a bow on her hair. That's still in the works, I actually have no idea what a female Voidwalker looks like but you could imagine how some of the other pets translate over. I’ll be honest its not high priority. The way we tend to handle our tasks is we hardly ever cancel a task, but we have our long list of art request and there's a lot of new creatures we have to do, there’s a ton of new spell effects because we’re giving so many new talents to the classes and a lot of those have visual effects. So the warlocks pets are still on there. We'll see if we get that for 5.0 or if we get it for 5.1 or a later patch. That's for the male/female versions. There are some new warlock pets for Mists of Pandaria. Players who pick the right talent combinations can get say the Shivan, the big six armed demons from Burning Crusade, and Wrath Guards, and a few extra ones like that. I don't know if we ever came up with an official names for them, we call them Beholders, the big orbs with the eye. I don't know what a female beholder looks like. Just a bow on every eye.

Currently when doing non rated battlegrounds, especially the smaller ones, the game may be decided by the number of healers that each team gets. Are there any solutions to balance this out without a significantly negative impact to queue times?
    They nailed it right there, the risk is the queue times would take longer and longer. Now as we go to more region wide battlegrounds, it makes it a little easier for us to assemble a group, and we can start to look at better logic to make sure groups are balanced. We just want to make sure queues don't get long. Players know in dungeon finder that sometimes they may be waiting a long time for a healer and now there are players that would say "you know, I'm willing to wait 20 minutes for a battleground if it means I'll have a more balanced team" while others players would just say "I just want to get in there and play". Definitely the kind of thing we could look at a little more.

Anything else you may want to share with us?
    We have some really fun things like a mage minor glyph that teleports you to old Dalaran. So instead of taking you to the Dalaran in Northrend, it takes you to the big crater and drops you into the crater from up high. I don’t want to make it like all the minor glyphs are silly, but it’s definitely an opportunity to do a couple of things that we wouldn't do before. There's a warrior minor glyph that makes your shouts scare small animals, so if there’s any critters in the area and you Battle Shout or Commanding Shout the critters all run away. That's the kind of stuff we originally wanted to deliver with minor glyphs, fun kinda cosmetic things. I apologize, the paladins always had 9 minor glyphs that make your abilities cheaper. We're tying to do that a lot more with all the classes, glyphs that are more fun to dabble with, and that's true for the major glyphs too. I think players will be pleasantly surprised with some of the crazier things we are able to do with the major glyphs this time around.

I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Mists of Pandaria Press Tour Interview - Tom Chilton

From MMO Champion:

We already know that new character models are in the works for old races. Do you have any idea of when players will be able to see them and do you plan to also revamp newer races such as the Blood Elves and the Draeneis?
      We are slowly in progress with revamping the races, but the reality is that at best we would get the Dwarves for Mists of Pandaria, and even that's on the bubble. It is something that we are planning to do, it is something that we want to get to and actually believe is valuable. As to when the the Blood Elves and the Draeneis would have that happen, they would probably be near the end of the list. We would probably get through all of the original races first before we go on to them since they are better than the original ones. Any of the ones we have done more recently tend to be a little bit higher fidelity.

A lot of players spend most of their time rerolling characters of every class on a single server. Is there a plan to allow them an eleventh character slot?
      Yes there is. For the Mists of Pandaria launch we are going to open up an eleventh character slot so that players can create a monk if they want to, without having to delete one of their existing characters.

Cataclysm brought updated water effects, shadow effects, phasing, and other small upgrades to the game. Should we expect more technical innovations from Mists of Pandaria?
      Yeah, there are very subtle technical improvements that allow us to do more things than we ever have before. It really comes through when you look at the environments that are in Pandaria. For example, one of the things that we have done is allow for a higher level of detail when we are painting the sides of mountains and stuff like that. When you look at it now, the textures don't tend to look as stretched along the sides of shear surfaces as they used to. It is a small, but subtle thing that adds up a lot and I think that when players look at the screenshots or finally get in to the beta and when Mists of Pandaria launches they will be pretty blown away by how the look has evolved.

Blizzard mentioned that a lot of things would become account-wide in Mists of Pandaria, can you tell us what made the final cut and what will be applied to the entire account in the expansion?
      For sure the pets have made the final cut. Your entire pet collection will be made account wide, which is important as it ties in to the Pet Battle feature that we are introducing. That way you don't actually have to go and change out characters every time you want to level up a specific pet, or have to level a pet for each one of your characters, or anything really annoying and grindy like that. That is the only one we know for sure, but we are trying to make progress on the account wide achievements, which is the next one on the list.

Many other games over the years have implemented AoE Looting, is that something that is currently or ever was being considered?
      We got this into the Mists of Pandaria builds a week or two ago. At this point it is actually functioning in our internal builds and we are super excited about that. It is an option and when you use it any of the creatures around that are eligible to be looked will bring up one loot window that has all of the different stuff in there. If you are set to auto loot it will loot everything.

Are you happy with how guild perks worked in Cataclysm? Can you give us an example of what new content guilds should expect? New perks? Is the level cap going to be increased?
      We are happy with some of them, but others of them went too far in some ways or were just not cool enough in other ways. My overall view of it is somewhat mixed. We do expect to introduce some new perks, even if it is just to swap out some of the ones we feel didn't work out as well. The Have Group, Will Travel was popular because it is one more thing that shrinks the world and allows players to avoid being out in the world. We are trying to put more of an emphasis on players going out into the world to do stuff, so that is one of the ones that we are going to replace with something else.

When Cataclysm was released, you mentioned the possibility of allowing players to scale down their level and play with friends that are newer to the game. Is this still something that you would like to add in the future?
      It certainly is something that we would still like to add. We are continuing to make progress in that regard. Some of the technology that we need to do that is being created for the challenge modes, so the challenge modes get us closer to being able to do that. That is a feature that we find very valuable and we are hoping to see it for the Mists of Pandaria launch, but we can't say for sure yet that it will be ready. It might be in a patch that comes right after launch.

With one more expansion there's even more gear for people to hold on to. Are there plans to expand features such as guild banks, regular bank slots, backpacks, or void storage?
      Well, Void Storage is certainly something that we can continue to expand over time. We just added Void Storage, so if everyone is already out of Void Storage space... We do have a lot of pack rats playing World of Warcraft, so there's no doubt that there will be some players running out. I do think that it is a legitimate problem, and I can definitely see us adding more room to Void Storage as time goes on.

Is there anything else that you would like to add? Any interesting change or feature we've missed?
      You got to see the demo this morning and a chance to play the different builds that will eventually become a beta build. We are excited to get players into the beta very soon, because that is going to be the true test of whether or not it is awesome.

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

From MMO Champion:
        Map of Pandaria:

Achievements of what the Press played:
        General

Mystically Superior - Equip a superior item in every slot with a minimum item level of 463.
        Mystically Epic - Equip an epic item in every slot with a minimum item level of 476.

Exploration

What a View - Visit each of the 10,000 waterfalls in Pandaria.

ShadowPan - Earn exalted status with the ShadowPan.

Mists of Pandaria Raid

Mogu'shan Vaults - Defeat all of the bosses in Mogu'shan Vaults. (Quilin Guard, ??, Trollwerk, Four Kings, Celestial Serpent, and Terracotta Army)
        Show Me Your Moves - Defeat the Terracotta Army without being by Devastating Arc, Stomp, or Energizing Smash.

Mists of Pandaria Dungeon

Stormstout Brewery - Defeat Yan-Zhu the Uncasked in Stormstout Brewery.
        Aisatsu - Bow to the Shadowpan Initiates when they bow to you after being defeated, but before they fully heal during the Master Snowdrift Event.
        Conscriptinator - Gain three stacks of Resin Residue by defeating Mantid Conscripts.
        Cleaning Up - Defeat the Sha of Doubt in Temple of the Jade Serpent while under the effects of Purified Water.
        Heroic: Stormstout Brewery - Defeat Yan-Zhu the Uncasked in Stormstout Brewery on heroic difficulty.
        Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' - Kill Ook-ook after assaulting him with 20 rolling Brew Barrels in Stormstout Brewery on heroic difficulty.
        How Did He Get Up There? - Find a way to get the Hozan Clinter to let go in Stormstout Brewery on any difficulty.
        I Am the Hopocalypse! - Smash 100 vermen with a single hammer swing in Stormstout Brewery on heroic difficulty.
        Ling-Ting's Herbal Journey - Collect all 30 golden hoplings hidden around the Stormstout Brewery on any difficulty.
        Rattle No More - Defeat Rattlegore without allowing him to gain more than 5 stacks of Rusting in Scholomance on heroic difficulty.
        Sanguinarian - Defeat a Krastinovian Carver that has 99 stacks of Boiling Bloodthirst in Scholomance on heroic difficulty.
        Soul Savior - Defeat Lillian Voss without allowing Lillian's Soul to reach 24% health in Scholomance on heroic difficulty.
        Mosh Pit - Get a combination of 8 players and Scarlet Defenders caught up in Armsmaster Harlan's Blade of Light on heroic difficulty.
        Wild Side - Take a ride with Armsmaster Harlan's Blades of Light for at least 10 seconds and live to tell the tale on heroic difficulty.
        Pool's Closed! - Defeat Wise Maru without touching Corrupted Water in Temple of the Jade Serpent on heroic difficulty.
        Bombs while bomb - Trigger 15 explosions within 15 seconds during the Saboteur Kip'tilak encounter on heroic difficulty.
        Shado-Pan Monastery - Defeat Taran-Zhu in Shado-Pan Monastery.
        The Obvious Solution - Eliminate the remaining Sha imprisoned in the Sealed Chambers and then defeat the Sha of Violence in Shado-Pan Monastery on heroic difficulty.
        Hate Leads to Suffering - Defeat Taran-Zhu while every party member is at maximum hatred in Shado-Pan Monastery on heroic difficulty.
        Glintrok N' Roll -Defeat Gekkan and his Glintok entourage in Mogu'shan Palace on heroic difficulty within 5 minutes of being spotted by the Glintrok Scout.

Dungeon Challenges

Bronze Challenge: Stormstout Brewery
        Silver Challenge: Stormstout Brewery - Reward: A piece of challenge armor.
        Gold Challenge: Stormstout Brewery
        Full Bronze: Mists of Pandaria - Achieve a Bronze Challenge in every Mists of Pandaria dungeon. Title: The Challenged (NNF)
        Full Silver: Mists of Pandaria - Achieve a Silver Challenge in every Mists of Pandaria dungeon.
        Full Gold: Mists of Pandaria - Achieve a Gold Challenge in every Mists of Pandaria dungeon. Reward: Sweet Mount

Feats of Strength

Realm First: Gold Challenge: Stormstout Brewery
        Realm First: Gold Challenge: Temple of the Jade Serpent
        Realm First: Full Gold: Mists of Pandaria
        Realm First: Full Silver: Mists of Pandaria
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

MoP FAQ Pt.1

From Blizzard:
          World of Warcraft®: Mists of Pandaria™
          March 2012 Media Event FAQ

Q: What is World of Warcraft®: Mists of Pandaria™?

Escalating tensions between the Alliance and Horde have broken out into open warfare. The roar of cannons blacken the sky while naval engagements around the globe fill the seas with blood. As the clash of mortal armies spins the world into chaos, a continent -- once shielded by impenetrable mists -- suddenly manifests itself in the southern oceans. There’s no question that this resource-rich new land will be at the center of a global conflict. Will the Mists of Pandaria part to reveal Azeroth’s salvation? Or will this new battlefield become the flashpoint that pushes the Alliance and Horde over the brink into total annihilation?

Mists of Pandaria is the fourth expansion set to Blizzard Entertainment’s critically acclaimed massively multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft. The new expansion opens up an exotic new land for heroes to explore and provides a wide variety of exciting new features and content that will give players even more ways to enjoy the game.

For info on the story and lore of Mists of Pandaria, including background on the pandaren race, key characters and factions, and the history of Pandaria, see the Lore & Story section later in this FAQ.

MISTS OF PANDARIA GAMEPLAY

Q: What are the features of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria?

The new expansion introduces a wide variety of new features and systems, including a new continent, new race, new class, and more:

New Playable Race -- Pandaren: Decide whether to side with the Alliance or the Horde as World of Warcraft’s first neutral playable race, and explore their unique starting zone: the Wandering Isle.
          New Playable Class -- Monk: Unlock the secrets of pandaren martial arts and do battle as a damage dealer, healer, or tank.
          New Continent: Explore the lush Jade Forest, treacherous Kun-Lai Summit, and other exotic new zones of Pandaria designed for high-level characters.
          Scenarios: Join up with some friends to achieve a common goal, such as mounting a defense against invading monsters, in a flexible new type of PvE challenge.
          Dungeon “Challenge” Modes: Master the ultimate 5-player time trial and earn prestige rewards in a new dungeon mode that will put your resolve and coordination to the test.
          Pet Battles: Challenge other players’ companion pets with your own collection in a new tactical mini-game. Level up your companions and discover pets in the wild to round out your roster.
          Level Cap Increased to 90: Learn potent new spells and abilities while exploring uncharted zones and taking on challenging new content.
          New Talent System: Customize your character to suit your play style with the newly overhauled and improved talent system.

Q: What is the monk class? How does it differ from other classes in the game?

The monk is a martial arts expert who excels in close-quarters hand-to-hand combat, and can fill the role of a tank (Brewmaster), damage-dealer (Windwalker), or healer (Mistweaver), depending on a player’s chosen specialization. Monks build up energy through a combination of punches, kicks, and other basic martial arts moves, and then expend it to unleash powerful special moves, such as finishers or potent heals. As with most classes in the game with the exception of death knights, monks begin their journey at level 1.

Q: Which races can be a monk?

Since coming into contact with members of the Horde and the Alliance, several of Pandaria’s masters have begun to teach their new allies the secrets of their ancient martial arts. Currently, every race except goblin and worgen can learn the ways of the monk.

Q: At what point do pandaren characters choose which faction to side with?

Pandaren who strike out to explore the world outside their homeland begin their journey on the Wandering Isle (a new starting zone for pandaren characters level 1 to 10), where they face a number of trials -- and meet with a number of characters from both the Alliance and the Horde -- before arriving in Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. Pandaren remain neutral through most of their Wandering Isle quests, but before they leave, players will need to make a crucial decision whether to permanently side with the Alliance or the Horde. After that decision is made, the character will be treated just like any other member of their chosen faction in cities, on quests, and in character interactions. Choose wisely, because once your decision is made, it’s irreversible (except through the Faction Change service).

Q: Which classes are available to pandaren players?

Currently, pandaren can choose to be hunters, mages, priests, rogues, shaman, warriors, and -- of course -- monks. Pandaren are not able to become death knights, druids, paladins, or warlocks.

Q: What end-game content will be available for players at level 90?

One of our primary design goals for Mists of Pandaria is to give players a wider variety of content and different types of gameplay to enjoy once they reach maximum level, in addition to the Heroic dungeons, raids, and daily quests that they’re used to. To that end, we are introducing three major new features in the new expansion -- scenarios, challenge modes for 5-player dungeons, and companion pet battles -- and focusing on improving the end-game experience you’re familiar with.

Here’s just some of the content we’re working on for players to enjoy once they reach level 90:

A huge variety of daily quests to choose from, with dynamic stories that change and progress as you complete quest content over time
          Multiple group-based scenarios that players can run in addition to dungeons to earn Valor Points and gear
          9 dungeons, including six brand-new Pandaria dungeons with normal and Heroic modes, and three new Heroics based on the classic Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance dungeons
          Challenge modes for the six new dungeons designed for players looking for the ultimate test of their dungeon-delving skills, complete with suitably epic transmogrifiable rewards
          A variety of new factions to join forces with, offering unique gameplay mechanics and rewards
          2 new Battlegrounds offering different styles of PvP gameplay and objectives, along with a new Arena
          3 raids featuring epic encounters with sinister new villains, each with Raid Finder, normal, and Heroic modes
          And more… Our goal is to deliver a huge variety of content for level-90 players to enjoy, at launch and beyond

Q: What are Scenarios?

Scenarios are a new type of PvE challenge designed for groups of as few as 3 or as many as 25 players, depending on what is appropriate for the content. Scenarios require players to band together to complete a specific goal. For example, you might be asked to help a pandaren brewmaster complete her masterwork brew in the midst of a lightning storm, and then escort her to a nearby temple against a howling rain and persistent assault. Once there, you’ll use the powers of her new brew to help defeat a boss and his minions.

Although there are no specific class requirements, players will need to work together to accomplish each scenario’s unique objectives. Scenarios will be instanced, and we’re designing them to take about 10 to 30 minutes each to complete. We’re also planning a “Scenario Finder” similar to the Dungeon Finder and Raid Finder that will make it easy for players to quickly find a group.

Q: What are Challenge Modes for 5-player dungeons?

Challenge mode is a new, advanced mode for 5-player dungeons designed for players looking for the ultimate test of coordination and skill. In challenge modes, players are tasked with trying to complete an existing 5-player dungeon as quickly and skillfully as possible. Depending on how well the group does, players will receive recognizable prestige rewards such as mounts, pets, titles, achievements, or special armor artwork that can be used with transmogrification to customize a character’s appearance. The inspiration for challenge modes comes from events such as the 45-minute Baron Rivendare runs in the original Stratholme dungeon, or the timed Zul’Aman dungeon run for the Amani War Bear.

We want challenge modes to be a test of player skill and not of player gear, and so the stats on all players’ armor and equipment will be normalized to a set level upon beginning a challenge. As a result, players will have the same chance at victory whether they are wearing quest rewards or Heroic-raid-level epic items. Regardless of equipment, challenge modes will remain just as challenging at the end of the expansion as they were at the beginning.
          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

MoP FAQ Pt.2

Q: What are companion pet battles?

In Mists of Pandaria, we’re adding a new tactical mini-game that allow players to pit their roster of companion pets against other players’ pets (or against special creatures you come across in the wild) in strategic, turn-based combat. Pets will level up as they earn combat experience, and each companion will have its own set of stats, such as attack and defense rating. As pets level up, players will be able to choose which abilities their pets will learn, each with its own tactical merits. During a pet battle, players will be able to swap companions out strategically depending on which pet they’re facing or what abilities might come in handy against a given foe.

Players will be able to hunt for approximately 100 wild pets across all of Azeroth, each with randomized stats and levels. Players can further customize their pets by giving them names. We’re also planning a number of other features, including a Pet Journal showing where and how to capture wild pets, pet-battle-specific achievements and stats, and a way to queue for PvP battles.

Pet battles are meant to be completely independent from your character’s main progression, and the rewards won’t offer additional advantages in regular PvP or PvE situations such as Battlegrounds or raids -- though they should help pass the time while you’re waiting for your group to recoup from a particularly nasty wipe.

Q: What’s in store for dungeons and raids?

Every raid in Mists of Pandaria will include three difficulty levels: normal (10- and 25-player), Heroic (10- and 25-player), and a specially tuned third mode accessible via the Raid Finder (25-player only) designed with pick-up groups in mind. We’re very happy with how many players have been able to experience the Dragon Soul (patch 4.3) raid content -- especially the climactic boss encounter with Deathwing -- following the release of the Raid Finder, and we’ll continue to provide higher difficulty levels for players looking for the most epic challenges and rewards.

At launch, we’re planning to have six brand-new dungeons (with normal and Heroic modes) as well as three new Heroic modes for classic dungeons, including two based on Scarlet Monastery and one based on Scholomance. We’re also planning three raids at launch featuring a host of sinister new villains and epic encounters with ancient evils that have been hiding in the mists for millennia.

Q: What are the new zones?

The continent of Pandaria will consist of seven enormous zones for players level 85 and above, and new pandaren players will begin their adventures in a unique starting zone separate from the pandaren homeland. Since our original unveiling of Mists of Pandaria at BlizzCon, we’ve added two additional zones for players to explore -- Krasarang Wilds and the Dread Wastes -- substantially increasing the continent’s size (we didn’t simply split up existing zones) and expanding the diversity of Pandaria’s already wild and varied landscape. Here’s the breakdown of the zones, along with their current working names:

The Jade Forest: High-level adventurers will make landfall in the lush Jade Forest, where they’ll meet some of Pandaria’s indigenous races, such as the fish-like jinyu and monkey-like hozen.
            Valley of the Four Winds: Featuring rolling green hills and lush pandaren farmland, the Valley of the Four Winds is where travelers will find the legendary Stormstout Brewery.
            Kun-Lai Summit: Amid this treacherous, icy mountain terrain, players will encounter the Shado-Pan, a clandestine sect charged with keeping one of Pandaria’s darkest secrets.
            Townlong Steppes: Here, a tremendous wall separates Pandaria’s verdant forests and plains from the desolate wasteland left in the wake of the ravenous, all-consuming mantid.
            Krasarang Wilds: A dense strand of jungle occupying Pandaria’s southernmost shore, the Krasarang Wilds are home to lost ruins and a chain of dangerous islands.
            Dread Wastes: The mantid homeland, now overrun by the Sha of Fear, has been corrupted into a horrifying wasteland of swamps and scorched earth. Players will have to fight their way into the lair of the mantid queen herself to rout out the source of the corruption.
            Vale of Eternal Blossoms: This lush valley in the center of Pandaria hosts a secret power dating back to the time of the Titans. The city complex at its heart will be players’ home away from home, but max-level players will need to defend it against constantly changing daily threats.
            The Wandering Isle: Pandaren adventurers looking to explore the world outside Pandaria begin their journey here, on a mysterious island that never seems to settle in the same place for too long.

Q: What changes are being made to the talent system?

We are making a couple of major changes to how class specializations and talents work in Mists of Pandaria. First, your specialization is now completely independent from your talent choices. When you reach level 10, you will still choose one of three specs (e.g. Discipline, Holy, or Shadow priest) to determine your role, play style, and which signature abilities your character has access to. In addition, you’ll receive more of your spec’s defining abilities as you level up.

Secondly, the talent system has been redesigned completely. At regular level intervals (at level 15, 30, 45, 60, 75, and 90), players will now be able to choose between one of three very powerful talents. All three specializations will have access to the same three talent options, and our goal is to make sure that these talent choices are appealing to all three specializations with no obvious “must-have” options for any of them. For example, level-15 warriors will be able to choose one of three movement-related talents: Juggernaut, which permanently lowers the cooldown of Charge; Double Time, which lets the warrior Charge twice before incurring a cooldown; or Warbringer, which knocks the target to the ground and stuns it following a Charge. Once you choose a talent in a specific tier, the other two talents are locked out from your talent build, even when you reach the next talent tier. We want players to be able to change their talent build independently of their specialization, and without visiting a class trainer. This new system is designed to provide players with hundreds of distinct and meaningful options for tailoring their character’s gameplay to their specific desires and situation.

If you want to get a feel for how the system will work, check out the Mists of Pandaria talent calculator on the official World of Warcraft website. There you can create a talent spec using the latest in-development talent trees for your favorite class.

Q: Why is the talent system going through an overhaul?

As with the talent-system redesign in Cataclysm, our goal is ultimately to give players more meaningful character-customization options and to eliminate “cookie-cutter” talent builds. We were only partially successful in realizing that goal in Cataclysm, as many talents still felt mandatory to a given specialization, and some talent choices in the trees were still not particularly interesting or exciting. By giving the benefits of the previously “mandatory” talents to players automatically as part of their specialization choice, and allowing any specialization to choose any given talent, we hope to be able to give players much more significant and interesting decisions to make about their character.

Q: Will players be allowed to fly in Pandaria?

Upon arrival in Pandaria, players will be restricted from flying until they reach a certain point in their quest progression. While the ability to fly is a great convenience for players once they have completed content, we can provide a much more enjoyable, rewarding, and varied questing experience if players are (mostly) grounded while the story of Pandaria unfolds.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

MoP FAQ Pt.3

MISTS OF PANDARIA LORE & STORY
              Q: How will the story of Mists of Pandaria unfold?
              Offering a unique change of pace from the globe-trotting chaos of Cataclysm, World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria focuses on the exploration and potential colonization of a single, massive new continent. The adventure will unfold over a number of stages:

Mists of Pandaria: The “out of the box” expansion experience focuses on the discovery and exploration of Pandaria. Both Horde and Alliance players will have to try to swing the locals to their side of the conflict… but their actions will bring unforeseen and disastrous consequences. Devastating “Sha” energy, a physical manifestation of negative emotions that has been locked away for thousands of years, is brought to the surface once war comes to Pandaria’s shores. The battle to win over the hearts and minds of the pandaren takes on a new urgency as the darkness of the Sha plunges the land into chaos. Among other things, Sha energy infects the ferocious mantid, triggering a horrific swarm. Meanwhile, Mogu warlords reconnect with their ancient Zandalari allies in an attempt to recapture their former imperial glory. Far from Alliance and Horde resupply, players must solve these local problems while learning about the enigmatic pandaren race… and a little about their own nature in the process.

The Pandaria Campaign: Beginning shortly after the release of Mists of Pandaria, a series of content updates will advance the story of the Alliance and Horde campaign on the new continent. The campaign will kick off when the fleets arrive and claim Pandaria’s southern shores, permanently altering the area. As King Varian Wrynn struggles to unite the Alliance for a meaningful counter-attack, Garrosh Hellscream will battle to turn the disparate parts of the Horde into a frenzied killing machine. Telling a complete story arc, the Pandaren Campaign will climax in a raid that will reset the balance of power in the world of Azeroth.

Q: Who are the pandaren?
              The pandaren are an ancient, intelligent race who have been cut off from the world at large since the time of the great sundering that split apart the continents of Azeroth.

If a single trait could sum up the pandaren culture, it’s that they live in the moment. They embrace life with gusto. A pandaren does everything with vigor, focus, and intensity. Every meal is an event. Every moment with the family is cherished. Every project or work of art demands their full attention. Every nap is treated as if it will be the last! The pandaren work hard, play hard, fight like animals, love with all their soul, tell impossibly tall tales, drink like they mean it, and sleep like the dead.

On the whole, pandaren are slow to anger and prefer measured solutions to problems. But underneath all of that practiced civility, there is a bear to contend with. When a pandaren focuses on combat, each blow rings with the weight of his or her entire body. Living “in the moment” also means getting lost in the fury of combat; a pandaren monk in the midst of battle has fists like wrecking balls and a roar that can be heard from horizon to horizon.

However, it takes a great deal to get a pandaren wound up. On mainland Pandaria, negative emotions such as fear, anger, or despair can literally take on a physical form and stir up trouble. For this reason, pandaren emphasize and cultivate a quiet life of inner harmony and focus. Conflicts, no matter how bitter, are quickly forgotten over cold drinks once the matter is resolved. The pandaren sense of inner peace and love of life is infectious. Spend any significant time with a pandaren and you, too, can’t help but get lost in the moment.

Q: Why has Pandaria been hidden this whole time?
              A veil of impenetrable mists has cloaked Pandaria since the time of the Sundering and the reign of the last pandaren emperor. Previously, ships entering the mists have lost their bearings and spun about aimlessly before returning to the open ocean. As for the pandaren, they looked out toward the mist-veiled seas and many presumed that the rest of the world had perished in the Sundering.

Sometime in the wake of the Cataclysm, the mists abruptly vanished. Alliance and Horde naval fleets, engaged in skirmishes around the world thanks to the new Warchief’s aggression, suddenly found a new continent where once charts showed open seas. With both factions escalating their feud into a global conflict, the war for Azeroth shifts in a new direction.

Why did the mists collapse at this crucial moment in world history? The answers revolve around the will of the last emperor, and lie at the heart of this strange new continent….

Q: What is the pandaren starting zone, the Wandering Isle?

Many generations ago, a particularly bold pandaren named Liu Lang set out to see what was beyond the mists by setting sail upon the back of a giant sea turtle. As the turtle grew, so did Liu Lang’s desire to explore the world. Others joined him, until eventually a whole colony of pandaren explorers travelled the ocean, living atop the expansive “Wandering Isle.” Although the Wandering Isle hasn’t made landfall in many years, those who live there are still ignited by the spirit of adventure.

Chen Stormstout is a native of the Wandering Isle, as are any players who choose to create pandaren characters. They are a rare breed, on the whole far more adventurous than their land-locked and long-lost relatives on mainland Pandaria.

Q: Will all of the pandaren join the Horde or the Alliance?

Just as it’s comparatively rare for a pandaren to be struck with an urge to wander the world, it’s rarer still that one would feel compelled to align oneself with a faction such as the Horde or Alliance. Only those who are convinced these factions are the key to healing Azeroth would even consider pledging their allegiance to one faction or the other.

The decision to join a faction comes at great personal cost, as any fellow pandaren who join the opposite faction -- including friends or relatives -- will likely never be heard from again. Pandaren who choose to align themselves with the Alliance or Horde do so because of shared values and personal beliefs regarding their overall worldview and the best way to move forward after the Cataclysm.

Guiding the decision to join a faction are two competing pandaren disciplines that are prominent on the Wandering Isle. Those who follow the path of the Houjin are impulsive, quick to action, and practical. Houjin disciples feel that the ends can justify the means, and they may find like-minded compatriots in the Horde. In opposition, followers of the path of the Tushui are more contemplative, focused on abstract ideals of justice and morality. Students of Tushui believe that a principled life is the only one worth living, and may find that the stalwart Alliance aligns more closely with their beliefs.

Every pandaren player will need to make this difficult decision early on in their adventure. The vast majority of the pandaren population, however, will continue to follow the traditional path of isolationism and neutrality.

Q: Who are the pandaren leaders or figureheads for the Horde and Alliance?

After the climactic events on the Wandering Isle, two pandaren monks will travel with players to the rest of the world to spread the wisdom of the pandaren.

Aysa Cloudsinger is a follower of the path of Tushui. She believes in living a venerable life through meditation, rigorous training, and moral conviction. Described as graceful and poised, Aysa has attained impeccable form and a refined intellect through diligent practice. To Aysa, to follow the way of Tushui is to defend what is right above all else. She believes that success in any endeavor never justifies dishonorable deeds. While the Alliance contains a diverse mix of cultures, Aysa is attracted to the high ideals and values that cement the Alliance together.

Ji Firepaw, a follower of the more direct Houjin philosophy, is adamant that inaction is the greatest injustice. Ji holds that it’s honorable to defend home and family no matter the cost. Outgoing, passionate, and not one for deep thought, he is always the first into the fray. Ji finds himself attracted to the scrappy practicality that defines the Horde. Although it will cost him dearly, he will decide to carry the Horde banner when he leaves the Wandering Isle.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

MoP FAQ Pt.4

Q: Do the pandaren have a history of interaction with the Horde and Alliance?

Pandaren wanderers are very rare, but the deeds of a few are recorded in recent times. One brave soul that spirited his way into the annals of Azerothian history was the brewmaster Chen Stormstout. Warcraft III players may recall his chance meeting with Rexxar in the game’s bonus missions, where he worked together with Thrall to found the new orcish homeland in Durotar. Later, he accompanied heroes such as Vol’jin and Jaina Proudmoore to liberate Theramore and protect the fledgling Horde from annihilation. Never one to stay put for long, Chen moved on, always seeking new ingredients for the perfect brew. Players will be able to catch up with him as he resumes his adventures on the pandaren mainland.

Q: What’s the story behind the pandaren monks?

Nearly 12,000 years ago, the empire now known as Pandaria was ruled by a monstrous race of warlords known as the Mogu (see below). Mogu taskmasters forbade their slaves to carry weapons. During these dark times, pandaren monks tried to lift the spirits of their beleaguered brothers and sisters. They were the storytellers, the brewmasters, and the healers who helped knit their oppressed society together in the midst of darkness.

As the Mogu empire began to fray, the pandaren saw an opportunity for a revolution. Because they had no weapons, they trained common people to fight with their unarmed fists and feet. They mastered the use of positive energy -- or chi -- to empower themselves. The revolution itself was a bloody affair that shattered an empire and left a terrible toll among combatant and civilian alike, but ultimately the Mogu were overthrown and a new empire was founded.

Although pandaren monks have since incorporated weapons into their attacks, they remain focused on chi as a source of power and are still devastating when fighting with open hands. In the wake of events on the Wandering Isle, pandaren monks will travel to key places throughout Azeroth to share their wisdom with young Alliance and Horde trainees.

Q: What sorts of local threats will adventurers face on Pandaria?

Just because Pandaria is isolated doesn’t mean the continent is at all peaceful. Looming dangers, new and old, threaten to overwhelm the empire as players arrive.

The Mogu are an ancient race of monstrous warlords who founded the first empire through conquest and oppression. They enslaved nearby indigenous races and used their labor to build structures of awe-inspiring majesty, some of which still stand. Masters of flesh-shaping magic, they assured their dominance through cruel experimentation. Only by mastering unarmed combat were the ancient pandaren able to overthrow this terrible regime. After the mists collapse, the remaining Mogu get together with old allies and attempt to retake the empire that their ancestors founded.

The Mantid are an intelligent and highly evolved race of insect-like creatures who have menaced the people of Pandaria since prehistoric times. While their society has a queen, they don’t operate as a hive mind. Mantid act with individual cunning, making them formidable in single combat and unstoppable when their numbers converge. Every mantid generation, the young hatch in incredible numbers and then swarm toward the rest of Pandaria, devouring anything in their path. Only the strongest return. Although the ancient mogu managed to protect their lands by building a gigantic wall between themselves and the mantid, the generational swarms require an all-hands defense of the wall or the very heart of Pandaria will be lost.

Finally, Sha is a dark energy unique to Pandaria, a legacy left behind by the last pandaren emperor. Fear, doubt, despair, anger, violence, and hatred are all emotions associated with the Sha -- emotions that can manifest themselves physically if left unchecked. Unwary mortals can become possessed by negative Sha energy, becoming embodiments of pure anger or fear. When the Alliance and Horde bring their war to the shores of Pandaria, these negative emotions threaten to engulf the continent.

Q: What other new races will emerge from Pandaria?

After millennia of isolation from the rest of Azeroth, several unique indigenous races have developed alongside the pandaren on the ancient continent.

Ferocious and impetuous, the hozen are a short-lived race. They have their own uniquely filthy language and a determination to always improve their station, no matter how inept their efforts. While the pandaren respect their tenacious hunger for life they’re also wary of the chaos created by such recklessness. The ever-expanding hozen are often the bane of the nearby jinyu, and it’s up to the pandaren to play the role of reluctant peacekeeper.

The industrious and amphibious jinyu dam the rivers in order to create lakes around which they make their home. The jinyu live under a rigid caste system, with warriors and priests chosen at a young age. Many of the jinyu elders are Waterspeakers. Placing a staff into the river, these sages listen to the knowledge of the island as it flows downstream. Any events that touch the rivers will make their way down to the jinyu, giving the Waterspeakers a connection to the future. While the pandaren balk at the overly rigid structure of jinyu life, they hold in great reverence this power to gain insight into what’s to come.

The cloud serpents are an intelligent race of dragon-like beings inhabiting the island. They exist in a wide array of shimmering colors. Some may be the bright green of the treetops through which they fly, while others may be the sparkling blue of the stream or the shocking crimson of flame -- their beauty always complementing their beloved land. Pandaren will often raise the playful creatures from hatchling to adulthood, as their cleverness and speed make them excellent mounts. While a handful have become corrupt or dangerous, the vast majority coexist happily with the other inhabitants of the island.

Other unique races include the dangerous lizard-like saurok, the superstitious diminutive grummles, the obnoxious scavenging virmen, or the ferocious nomadic yaungol tribes.

Q: What new factions await adventurers in Pandaria?

The Shado-Pan: The bravest and most disciplined of pandaren fighters, the Shado-Pan were established by the last Pandaren emperor to act as guardians against the negative Sha energy that permeates the continent. Part of their duties also involves manning the mighty wall that protects the pandaren homeland from the dangerous mantid race. They welcome the assistance of any who have the bravery and skill to aid them in their sacred charge.

The August Celestials: Four powerful ancestor spirits have always watched over the lands of the pandaren: Yu’lon the Jade Serpent, Xuen the White Tiger, Chi Ji the Red Crane, and Niuzao the Black Ox. Each of their four temples will call on the service of bold adventurers.

The Golden Lotus: Nestled in the center of Pandaria is the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, an ancient place of great power that’s been around since the time of the Titans. The Vale and its magical waters were once used as a weapon by the Mogu, and after their overthrow it was decided to seal off the vale from any intruders. The Golden Lotus is an order of pandaren priests and fighters who defend and maintain this sacred land. Members are specifically chosen at a young age by one of the four August Celestials.

The Klaxxi: Keepers of the mantid culture, these stoic mantid lords have determined that their own queen has been corrupted and must be destroyed. Although wary of outsiders, it may be possible to earn the trust of the Klaxxi, gaining access to their unique arms and armor.

Order of the Cloud Serpent: This order of flying warriors was founded long ago, during the Zandalari wars. Gain their favor, and they’ll reveal the secrets of training a cloud serpent to become a loyal mount.

The Lorewalkers: This peaceful faction has been charged with safeguarding pandaren history and culture. Intrepid explorers can win their favor by collecting historical artifacts from around the world.

Artisans: Many Brewmasters have wandered the world in search of exotic ingredients to expand their craft, while the Tillers and Anglers are simple farmer and fisher folk, respectively. These three factions are the backbone of civilian life on Pandaria, and offering assistance to these artisans will reap great rewards.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Female Pandaren:

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Not gonna lie that Female Pandaren in the first shot is one hot female panda.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mists of Pandaria Press Tour - Monk Skills and Talents Pt.1 Brewmaster Tank

From MMO Champion:
                      This is a complete list of skills and talents available in the playable version of Mists of Pandaria at the press tour.

Brewmaster (Tanking Spec) Abilities

Stance of the Drunken Ox (LVL 10)
                      Reduces damage taken by 20%, and increases your chance to Stagger damage by 25%.
                      Stagger
                      You shrug of attacks, causing 50% of the damage to happen instantly and the remaining 50% to happen 3 seconds later. Brewmaster mastery reduces the after-effect Stagger damage taken.
                      Breath of Fire (LVL 18)
                      2 Chi, 40 Yard Range, Instant
                      Requires Ox Stance
                      Breathes fire onto the target, causing 3,573 damage. Damage is multipled by the number of Drunken Haze stacks on the target.
                      Drunken Haze (LVL 22)
                      40 Energy, 40 Yard Range, Instant
                      Requires Ox Stance
                      You hurl a keg of your finest brew, reducing the movement speed of all enemies within 8 yards by 15%. Affected targets have a 3% chance to have their attacks misfire and strike themselves instead for 12,299 damage. Stacks up to 3 times.
                      Leer of the Ox (LVL 24)
                      Instant, 20 sec cooldown
                      Requires Ox Stance
                      Your Ox Statue stirs hatred in the target, reducing their movement speed by 50% and causing them to attack the statue for 8 seconds. The statue must be within 40 yards of the target.
                      Requires Statue of the Ox to be active.
                      Guard (LVL 26)
                      3 Chi, Instant
                      Requires Ox Stance
                      You guard against future attacks, absorbing 38,478 damage for 8 seconds.
                      Any heals you apply to yourself while guarding are increased by 30%.
                      Elusive Ale (LVL 34)
                      1 Chi, Instant, 45 sec cooldown
                      Requires Ox Stance
                      Increases your chance to dodge melee and ranged attacks by 50% for 45 seconds.
                      Avert Harm (LVL 48)
                      15 yard range, Instant, 1 min cooldown
                      Requires Ox Stance
                      You reduce the damage taken by all nearby friendly targets within 10 yards by 20%, and cause half of all remaining damage they take to be re-directed to you. Lasts for 15 seconds.
                      Avert Harm is cancelled if you reach 10% or lower health.
                      Recoil (LVL 56)
                      Whenever you dodge, you gain 5 Chi.
                      Summon Black Ox Statue (LVL 70)
                      40 yard range, 5.5 sec cast, 3 min cooldown
                      Requires Ox Stance
                      Summons a Black Ox Statue at the target location. Lasts for 10 minutes. Only one Black Ox Statue can be summoned at any one time.
                      The Black Ox Statue interacts with your Provoke and Leer of the Ox abilities.
                      Guard (on-click effect)
                      Allies can right-click the Statue to gain the Guard effect, absorbing 12,826 damage. Any healing done by the Monk is increased by 30% while Guard is active. Guard has 10 charges.
                      Brewmaster Training (LVL 72)
                      You become adept in the ways of the Brewmaster, amplifying two of your spells.
                      Tiger Palm
                      Increases the effect of your next Guard by 5%. Lasts 30 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times.
                      Blackout Kick
                      When you parry, your next Blackout Kick will cost no Chi and can be used on targets regardless of their health percentage.
                      Mastery: Drunken Brawler (LVL 80)
                      Reduces the damage taken by Stagger by 14.5%, and increases the effect of your Guard by 14.5%.
                      Each point of Mastery reduces the Stagger damage taken by an additional 1.1% and increases the amount you Guard by an additional 1.1%.
                      Shuffle (LVL 82)
                      2 Chi, Channeled
                      Requires Ox Stance
                      You shuffle around, causing all melee attacks to be staggered. While shuffling, you cannot move, attack, or cast spells.
                      Stagger
                      Instant
                      You shrug off attacks, causing 50% of the damage to happen instantly and the remaining 50% to happen 3 seconds later.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mists of Pandaria Press Tour - Monk Skills and Talents Pt.2 Mistweaver Healer

Mistweaver (Healing Spec) Abilities

Chi Wave (LVL 7)
                        2 Chi, 40 yard range, Instant, 20 sec cooldown
                        Requires Serpent Stance
                        You cause a wave of Chi energy to flow through friend and foe, dealing 3,843 damage or 3,843 healing. Bounces up to 5 times to targets within 10 yards.
                        Stance of the Wise Serpent (LVL 10)
                        Increases healing done by 20%, and replaces your Energy resource to Mana.
                        Any ability which costs Energy will now cost Mana instead.
                        Soothing Mists (LVL 18)
                        200 Mana plus 200 per second, 40 yard range, Channeled
                        Heals the target for 5,144 over 7.33 seconds.
                        If your healing done by Soothing Mists is completely effective, you have a 25% chance to generate 1 Chi.
                        Internal Medicine (LVL 20)
                        Your detox spell now also clears all Magical effects when used.
                        Jasmine Force Tea (LVL 24)
                        0 Mana plus 1200 per second, Channeled
                        Requires Serpent Stance
                        You regenerate 1 Chi every 2 seconds for 3 seconds.
                        Surging Mist (LVL 34)
                        1000 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast
                        Requires Serpent Stance
                        Heals the lowest health friendly target within 40 yards for 12,865.
                        If cast while channeling Soothing Mists, Surging Mist will be instant cast and heal that target over all others.
                        Renewing Mist (LVL 42)
                        400 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast
                        Requires Serpent Stance
                        You surround the target with healing mists, restoring 1,406 health every 0.92 for 10.08 seconds to up to 3 friendly targets within 8 yards.
                        Renewing Mist travels from friendly target to target when it heals, up to $n times.
                        Cherry Mana Tea (LVL 56)
                        Channeled
                        Requires Serpent Stance
                        For each 3 Chi you consume, you gain a charge of Mana Tea.
                        Use Mana Tea to consume the charges. Each charge restores 5% of you maximum mana. Mana Tea must be channeled, lasting 1 second per stack. Mana Tea can stack up to 50 times.
                        Cancelling the channel will not waste stacks.
                        Uplift (LVL 62)
                        2 Chi, Instant
                        Requires Serpent Stance
                        Instantly refreshes the duration of all of your Renewing Mist periodic effects on allies, and heals them for 3,304.
                        Thunder Focus Tea (LVL 66)
                        1 Chi, Instant
                        Requires Serpent Stance
                        You receive a jolt of energy, doubling the healing done by your next Surging Mist or Uplift within 10 seconds.
                        Summon Jade Serpent Statue (LVL 70)
                        1200 Mana, 40 yard range, 4.58 sec cast
                        Requires Serpent Stance
                        Summons a Jade Serpent Statue at the target location. Lasts for 15 minutes. Limit 2 Statues. Only two Statues can be active or summoned within a combat session.
                        Eminence (passive)
                        When the Monk deals damage, the summoned Jade Serpent Statues will heal the lowest health nearby target within 20 yards equal to 50% of the damage done.
                        Serpent's Salve (on-click effect)
                        Allies can right-click on the Statue to instantly be healed for 3,786. 10 charges.
                        Teachings of the Monastery (LVL 72)
                        You become adept in the ways of the Mistweaver, amplifying three of your abilities.
                        Surging Mist
                        When you Jab or Expel Harm, the cast time of your next Surging Mist is reduced by 50%. Stacks up to 2 times. Lasts 12 seconds.
                        Expel Harm
                        Expel Harm no longer has a cooldown.
                        Spinning Crane Kick
                        When you deal damage with Spinning Crane Kick while in Stance of the Wise Serpent, you heal nearby allies equal to 100% of the damage done.
                        Revival (LVL 78)
                        1400 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast, 3 min cooldown
                        Requires Serpent Stance
                        You revive the target's spirit, temporarily resurrecting them for until cancelled with 50% health and mana.
                        Revival does not count towards the combat resurrection limit.
                        Mastery: Gift of the Serpent (LVL 80)
                        You have a 25.5% chance when you heal to summon a Solace Sphere nearby an injured ally.
                        Each point of Mastery increases the chance to summon a Solace Sphere by an additional 3%.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mists of Pandaria Press Tour - Monk Skills and Talents Pt.3 Windwalker DPS

Windwalker (DPS spec) Abilities

Fists of Fury (LVL 10)
                          3 Chi, Melee Range, Channeled, 45 sec cooldown
                          Requires Tiger Stance
                          Pummel all targets in front of you with rapid hand strikes, stunning them and dealing 1 damage every 1 second for 4 seconds.
                          Flying Serpent Kick (LVL 18)
                          Instant, 25 sec cooldown
                          Soar through the air forwards at an increased speed.
                          While traveling, use Flying Serpent Kick again to land yourself, dealing 300 damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and slowing them by 70% for 4 seconds.
                          Afterlife (LVL 26)
                          When you kill an enemy while gaining experience or honor, you have a 50% chance to summon a healing sphere.
                          Healing Sphere
                          You form a Healing Sphere out of a healing mists at the target location for 30 seconds. If allies walk through it, they consume the sphere, healing themselves for 4,928. Maximum of 3 Healing Spheres can be active by the Monk at any given time.
                          Energizing Wine (LVL 34)
                          Instant, 1 min cooldown
                          Requires Tiger Stance
                          Regenerates 60 Energy over 6 seconds, can only be used while in combat.
                          Sparring (LVL 42)
                          Requires Ox Stance, Tiger Stance
                          When you are attacked by a melee enemy in front of you begin to spar their attacks, increasing your chance to parry by 5% for 10 seconds. This effect has a 30 second cooldown.
                          When you attack them back, Sparring is amplified by an additional 5%. Stacks up to 3 times.
                          Exploding Jade Blossom (LVL 48)
                          1 Chi, 30 yard range, Instant
                          Deals 13,505 Physical damage to the first enemy target in front of you within 30 yards, rooting them for 2 seconds.
                          If Exploding Jade Blossom travels further than 10 yards, the damage is increased by 50%.
                          Rising Sun Kick (LVL 56)
                          2 Chi, Melee Range, Instant, 8 sec cooldown
                          You kick upwards, attacking the enemy twice for 1,066 weapon damage with a 30% chance to perform a third attack.
                          Tigereye Brandy (LVL 64)
                          1 Chi, Instant
                          Requires Tiger Stance
                          Causes your Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick to also hit 3 additional nearby enemies within 5 yards when they deal damage for 20 seconds.
                          Legacy of the White Tiger (LVL 66)
                          40 yard range, Instant
                          You honor the White Tiger's legacy, increasing Mastery by 5.
                          If target is in your party or raid, all party and raid members will be affected.
                          Summon White Tiger Statue (LVL 70)
                          40 yard range, 4.58 sec cast
                          Requires Tiger Stance
                          Summons a White Tiger Statue at the target location. Lasts for 6 minutes. Limit 1 Statue.
                          Conjured Effigy (passive)
                          When you consume 3 Chi, your Statue will conjure a White Tiger Effigy which travels towards the last enemy you attacked, dealing 846 damage.
                          If the effigy travels for 5 seconds, it becomes lusted, moving at a greater speed and dealing 100% increased damage.
                          Tiger's Lust (on-click effect)
                          Increases the damage done by the ally and the Monk by 15% for 6 seconds. Limit 2 charges per statue.
                          Muscle Memory (LVL 72)
                          Your fighting technique improves over time during combat. Anytime you Jab a target from behind, your chance to critically hit with Jab increases by 1% for 30 seconds. This effect can stack up to 100 times.
                          Leaving combat or an encounter will clear your Muscle Memory.
                          Mastery: Combo Breaker (LVL 80)
                          Grants an 11% chance for Jab to cause your next Tiger Palm to cost no Chi, or your next Blackout Kick to cost no Chi and be usable on targets regardless of their health percentage.
                          Each point of Mastery increases the chance by an additional 1.4%.
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mists of Pandaria Press Tour - Monk Skills and Talents Pt.4 Baseline

Baseline Abilities

Blackout Kick
                            2 Chi, Melee Range, Instant, 3 sec cooldown
                            Kick with a blast of sha energy, causing 471 Physical damage to an enemy target. Only useable on targets at or below 35% health.
                            If the target is killed by Blackout Kick, you are refunded 1 Chi.
                            Clobber
                            40 Energy, Melee Range, Instant
                            You Clobber the target with your staff, dealing 1,548 damage and generating 1 Chi.
                            Club
                            You Club the target with your two Maces, dealing 1,509 damage and generating 1 Chi.
                            Crackling Jade Lightning
                            600 Mana, 40 yard range, Channeled
                            Channels Jade Lightning at the target, causing 4,116 Nature damage over 5.50 seconds.
                            If the enemy attacks you within melee range while victim to Crackling Jade Lightning, they are knocked back a short distance. This effect has an 8 second cooldown.
                            Detox
                            520 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast, 8 sec cooldown
                            Eliminates ailments from the friendly target, removing all harmful Poison and Bleed effects.
                            Disable
                            15 Energy, Melee Range, Instant
                            You attempte to disable the target's movement, reducing their movement speed by 25%. Stacks up to 2 times.
                            If you use Disable a third time on a target while they have 2 stacks, all stacks will be consumed and they will be rooted for 8 seconds.
                            Expel Harm
                            400 Mana, Melee Range, Instant Cast, 15 sec cooldown
                            Instantly heals the target for 14,896, and causes 120% of the amount healed to instantly be dealt to a nearby enemy as damage within 5 yards of the target.
                            Fortifying Ale
                            Instant, 3 min cooldown
                            Increases your health by 100%, but you cannot be healed. Lasts 20 seconds.
                            Grapple Weapon
                            40 yard range, Instant, 1 min cooldown
                            You fire off a rope spear, grappling the target's weapon and shield, returning them to you. Depending on the quality of the weapon, your damage done, healing done, and damage reduction may be increased.
                            Healing Sphere
                            300 Mana, 40 yard range, 1.37 sec cast
                            You form a Healing Sphere out of a healing mists at the target location for 30 seconds. If allies walk through it, they consume the sphere, healing themselves for 4,928. Maximum of 3 Healing Spheres can be active by the Monk at any given time.
                            Jab
                            You Jab the target, dealing 139 damage and generating 1 Chi.
                            Legacy of the Emperor
                            40 yard range, Instant
                            You extol the words of the last emperor, increasing Strength, Agility, and Intellect by 5%.
                            If the target is in your party or raid, all party and raid members will be affected.
                            Meditation
                            Channeled, 3 min cooldown
                            Reduces all damage taken by 99% and redirects to you all harmful spells cast against your allies within 30 yards. Lasts 10 seconds.
                            Being the victim of a melee attack will break your Meditation, cancelling the effect.
                            Paralysis
                            Melee Range, Instant 15 sec cooldown
                            You cause the target's muscles to contract, incapacitating them for 30 seconds. If done from behind the target, the duration is doubled. Only one target can be victim to Paralysis at any given time. Any damage taken will cancel the effect.
                            Pike
                            You Pike the target with your Polearm, dealing 1,549 damage and generating 1 Chi.
                            Provoke
                            40 yard range, Instant, 8 sec cooldown
                            You mock the target, causing them to rush toward to attack you at an increased 50% movement speed.
                            If targeting your Statue of the Black Ox, you provoke all enemies within an 8 yard radius of your statue.
                            Quaking Palm
                            Melee Range, Instant, 2 min cooldown
                            Strikes the target with lightning speed, incapacitating them for 4 seconds, and turns off your attack.
                            Resuscitate
                            40 yard range, 9.16 sec cast
                            Returns the spirit to the body, restoring a dead target to life with 35% maximum health and mana. Cannot be cast in combat.
                            Cast time reduced by 50% if target is within melee range.
                            Roll
                            50 Energy, Instant
                            Roll a short distance.
                            Sever
                            You Sever the target with both of your axes in one attack, dealing 1,526 damage and generating 1 Chi.
                            Spear Hand
                            30 Energy, Melee Range, Instant, 30 sec cooldown
                            You jab the target in their throat, interrupting their spell cast and preventing any spell in that school from being cast for 5 seconds.
                            If the enemy is facing you, when they cast, they are also silenced out of all schools for 5 seconds.
                            Spinning Crane Kick
                            1 Chi, Instant
                            Requires Serpent Stance, Ox Stance, Tiger Stance
                            You spin while kicking in the air, dealing 218 Phsyical damage every 1 second to all nearby enemies within 8 yards. Movement speed is reduced by 30%. Lasts 6 seconds.
                            Tiger Palm
                            1 Chi, Melee Range, Instant
                            Attack with the palm of your hand, dealing 279 Physical damage. Deals 140 additional damage if the target is above 50% health.
                            Touch of Death
                            4 Chi, Melee Range, Instant, 1.5 min cooldown
                            You exploit the enemy target's weakest point, instantly killing them.
                            Only usable on non-player targets who have equal or less health than you.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Mists of Pandaria Press Tour - Monk Skills and Talents Pt.5 Talents

Tier 1 Talents (LVL 15)

Intuition
                              Your roll ability cost no Chi. This effect becomes inactive for 15 seconds after use.
                              Celerity
                              Your roll ability will move you at a slightly longer distance, and at a slightly quicker speed.
                              Momentum
                              Every time you roll, you gain a stacking 10% movement speed buff. Stacks up to 3 times.

Tier 2 Talents (LVL 30)

Mystery Talent
                              Coming soon?
                              Ascendance
                              Increases the amount of maximum Chi by 1.
                              Jiny'u Cider
                              Instant, 1.5 min cooldown
                              Instantly restores all your Chi.

Tier 3 Talents (LVL 45)

Deadly Reach
                              Your Paralysis ability is now usable from 40 yards away.
                              Charging Ox Wave
                              1 Chi, 40 yard range, Instant
                              A mighty Ox effigy rushes towards the target, stunning all enemies within its path for 3 seconds. When the Ox reaches the enemy, they and all nearby enemies within 0 yards are knocked back a short distance.
                              Leg Sweep
                              1 Chi, Instant, 25 sec cooldown
                              You knock down all enemies within 5 yards, effectively stunning them for 6 seconds.

Tier 4 Talents (LVL 60)

Beguile
                              When attacked, your movement speed is increased by 3% and you cause all nearby enemies to move at 3% reduced speed within 8 yards. This effect can stack up to 6 times.
                              Dematerialize
                              Channeled, 45 sec cooldown
                              You escape your Physical form, dematerializing into the ether avoiding all damage for 3 seconds.
                              Tiger's Lust
                              Melee Range, Instant, 1 min cooldown
                              Instantly clears the target of all immobilizing and movement impairing effects, and increases their movement speed by 70% for 6 seconds.

Tier 5 Talents (LVL 75)

Chi Bind
                              Instant, 1 min cooldown
                              Binds yourself to your targeted statue with a tether of chi energy, causing any friend or foe caught in its path to take x damage or y healing.
                              Chi Serpent
                              1 Chi, 60 yard range, Instant, 2 min cooldown
                              You summon a ball of chi energy, dealing damage and healing all targets within its path within 60 yards.
                              While it's traveling, you can discharge the sphere, dealing x damage/healing to all targets at it's current location and reducing/increasing all targets movement speed by 70% for 3 seconds, but cancelling the sphere.
                              Chi Torpedo
                              50 Energy, Instant
                              Torpedo a distance in front of you, dealing 1 damage to all enemies and 981 healing all allies in your path.

Tier 6 Talents (LVL 90)

Ring of Peace
                              Instant, 2 min cooldown
                              Forms a sanctuary around you, causing all enemies to be unable to attack or cast harmful spells while within it. Lasts 10 seconds.
                              Rushing Jade Wind
                              40 yard range, Instant, 2 min cooldown
                              You encase the friendly or enemy target in a whirling jade tornado, becoming immune to all damage and healing and traveling at a quick speed in a distance in front of you.
                              Chi Cocoon
                              Channeled, 2 min cooldown
                              You encase the friendly or enemy target in a cocoon, shielding them from all outside damage and healing and causing them unable to attack. Deals x damage to enemies and y healing to allies every 1 second for 8 seconds.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

That's really about it except for some screenshots. I may post a few more of those later. And anymore things that are interesting I may find.
                                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                                X