OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So speculate how long until MOP? June, August, October, December or ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still not flagged here either. They better hurry it up or I'll have to call them and start raising hell about their annual pass stuff.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Blue Posts

Red Pandaren Male Tail
      Though we've added red pandaren males, we intend the tail to be unique to female pandaren. We like it this way. We like the distinction.

Additional Void Storage
      Sorry, but we don't have any current plans for extending void storage.

Scarlet Monastery Gear Models
      We're going to look into this, as we feel that there are a lot of great items from the original Scarlet Monastery that we don't really want to remove from the Heroic version.

Scaling issues
      All Monk attacks scale with weapon damage and AP, but tooltips won't list the weapon damage % or AP coefficient. Tooltips will just list the expected damage value. Behind the scenes, we account for your weapon DPS to determine the damage that your attacks will do, making it so that you can choose whatever weapon type you want (Dual Wield or 2-Hand, for example).

That said, a number of attacks right now don't have proper scaling or damage values as the design of the abilities are still in flux.

Brewmaster feedback
      A couple of updates for you:
      Shuffle -- We're considering a test of removing the channel aspect of Shuffle. We think a channel mitigation ability is cool and different from other tanks, but it's problematic if Shuffle's short cooldown results in you spending all your time channeling it. That said, we might change our minds and make Shuffle a longer cooldown again.
      Mastery -- We're thinking about changing mastery to reduce the initial damage taken rather than the stagger periodic (again, if we keep the current design).

[Monk] Chi spheres... some thoughts and ideas
      We're going to change it so that Chi Spheres are only viewable by the monk who summons them.

The Amputation of Discipline
      "Amputation" is a strange word in this context. Is it the new gutted?

I think you guys can tell what we're trying to do with Spirit Shell. We want Disc to have a spammable absorb that isn't as powerful as the instant Power Word: Shield. Spamming an instant absorb is just really hard to balance, which is why we have constantly had to nerf it over the years. We want a model where Disc can cast Spirit Shell often, and use PW: Shield for more critical cases... much like a Flash Heal. Currently on beta, Spirit Shell is lackluster because it's trying to fill the Heal role, but that's never going to be a really exciting role for a spell. We are going to try letting it fill the Greater Heal role instead. It should absorb for a lot, and if the absorb expires or is dispelled, then the heal will still kick in.

We agree that Rapture was a cool mechanic for Discipline, and we'd like to add it back, but have it scale with Spirit, so that Disc priests don't neglect Spirit on their gear (or worse, get mad at us when priest gear that they share with Holy has Spirit on it).

We have already changed PW:Barrier to have a mana cost similar to Divine Hymn. We want to lower the mana cost of Mass Dispel, but it is so potent with the new dispel model that it may require a cooldown to compensate. Mana costs as a whole are something we are going to continue to adjust. I said last week that we thought heal costs were in a good place, but then folks running through dungeons and raids told us they couldn't cast their big heals, so something isn't quite right. Remember the goal is for mana management to be more forgiving than it was in early Cataclysm, but not be irrelevant in later tiers. If it doesn't feel that way yet, then it is just because we still have more work to do.

We still have some other changes to make. We're not happy with some of the priest talents yet, and the glyphs aren't finished. The glyph of Penance is pretty unappetizing.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

New Specialization Screen

New Specialization Screen
        We are going to show you all the spells you get (for each spec) in the spellbook. If you are a priest, you can compare the full Holy spellbook (meaning class + spec spells) to the full Disc and Shadow spellbook whenever you'd like.

The problem we had with the previous specialization UI is that it was overwhelming with so many icons scrolling on to multiple pages, many of which you might not get until many levels later. You couldn't get a snapshot of what a given spec was about. It made what was supposed to be a fun choice at level 10 feel like homework as you had to analyze a dozen or more spells and then compare them to the other specs. Players' leveling experiences were grinding to a halt as they were asked to make this important decision based on tons of information that needed to be processed.

We also found that we were making class design decisions solely to clean up the spec UI, which isn't a great reason to make design decisions. Furthermore, some of the core abilities (PW: Shield for Disc for example) weren't listed at all because they are class-wide spells not spec spells.

By comparison think about how little information the game offers you when you pick a class for the first time. It doesn't tell you what ability warriors will get at level 60. Yet plenty of players still try out warriors and all other classes based on some hints and some assumptions about how the various classes will work.

And if you really, really need to see all the available spells to make your decision, they will be there, but in the spellbook instead. In that situation you are going looking for the information rather than it being poured onto you.

TLDR: The spec page is intended to be representational while the spellbook is informational.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Challenge Mode

Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Did anyone get in on the last invites that went out? Wave #5? Seems that nobody did. Nobody has posted in the forums that they got in. Wonder if something went wrong.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Well maybe I'll get in next time.
              This round of beta invites has finished.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I finally got my email and have it in my account from this last round.

Comment

Glad you got in cabby.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Pity I'm dealing with some back issues right now so not able to really sit at the computer to do a whole lot of playing. Should be good enough by next week to devote more time to it.

Comment

Seems the log in servers are messed up. People aren't able to get logged into the beta at all for quite a while now. Supposedly affecting the D3 beta log in process too.

Comment

Yeah they also doing maint. on character copies.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Character copy Maint. Over. Log In Issues:
                          We're aware that players are currently receiving a variety of error messages when attempting to access the Mists of Pandaria beta. We're looking into those issues at this time and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible.

We hope to have beta participants back online and testing later this evening. As further updates become available, we'll provide them in this thread.

Thanks for your patience!
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I don't remember Mobile Alerts being added to the account page.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Battle.net Mobile Alerts FAQ

Here is the FAQ for it:
                              What is the Battle.net Mobile Alerts service?
                              Battle.net Mobile Alerts is a free optional service that will help you manage your Battle.net account using any text-enabled cell phone with a data plan. By linking a cell phone to your account, you will receive updates and notifications about important security changes to your account. As a Mobile Alerts user, you may also use texted security codes to help prevent unauthorized changes to your account.

How do Battle.net Mobile Alerts help me stay informed about changes to my account?
                              The Battle.net Mobile Alerts service will generate and send informational text messages to your linked cell phone every time suspicious activity is detected or if important changes — such as password resets or authenticator removals — are made on your account.

What can I do with Mobile Alerts?
                              Mobile Alerts will allow you to:

Unlock your Battle.net account using your mobile phone.
                              Remove an unwanted authenticator from your account.
                              Recover your account name.
                              Reset your password.

When will I receive texts from Mobile Alerts?
                              You can disable certain Mobile Alerts texts without removing the service entirely. You'll always receive texts for the following:

Your account is flagged for suspicious login activity.
                              Your password is changed.
                              Security features are added to your account.
                              Security features are removed from your account.

What are security codes?
                              The Battle.net Mobile Alerts service will alert you of any changes to your account’s security settings. When a change is started, the service will generate and send a unique security code to your linked cell phone via text message. This code will be required to complete the changes.

Where do I enter the security codes?
                              When you make certain security settings changes on your account, an additional step will ask for your Mobile Alerts security code. Enter the code when prompted in order to proceed with the change as normal.

Can I link my phone to more than one Battle.net Account for Battle.net Mobile Alerts?
                              No, you may only link one Battle.net account to a single mobile number for Battle.net Mobile Alerts. You will receive notifications and generated security codes at that number for the linked account.

How much does the Battle.net Mobile Alerts service cost to use?
                              The Battle.net Mobile Alerts service is completely free. Your phone carrier's standard rates for received text messages apply.

How do I set up Battle.net Mobile Alerts for my phone?
                              First, log into your Battle.net Account Management page. Navigate to Security Options and click Mobile Alerts and Verification. You will then be walked through the setup process.

Eligibility and Limitations

What devices are eligible for Battle.net Mobile Alerts?
                              Any cell phone in a supported country with a data plan can be used as a Battle.net Mobile Alerts device.

Does the service support advanced messaging systems such as iMessage (iOS) or WhatsApp (iOS, Android)?
                              The Battle.net Mobile Alerts service is designed to work with a text-enabled cell phone. Advanced messaging systems are not supported

Why do I need to have a data plan to use Battle.net Mobile Alerts?
                              The Battle.net Mobile Alerts service uses text messages to deliver important information and security codes. In order to work with Mobile Alerts, your cell phone must be able to receive text messages. If you are unsure if you have a text or data plan, contact your phone provider.

What if the country that provides my cell phone service isn’t an option?
                              The Battle.net Mobile Alerts service is not currently available in all countries. If your phone is registered to a country that is not currently supported, please check back later. The service is expanding and more countries will be added soon.

Troubleshooting

How do I change my Mobile Alerts phone number?
                              To use Mobile Alerts with a different phone, you will need to remove the currently attached phone from your account and then attach your new number. You can do this from your Battle.net Account Management page.

What happens if I lose my phone?
                              If you lose the cell phone you've associated with your Battle.net account for Mobile Alerts, please contact us so that we can assist you.

What if I don't receive the SMS verification code due to technical issues?
                              If you are unable to receive the SMS verification code, please contact us so we can assist you. You may also wish to contact your phone provider to be sure your mobile phone is capable of receiving text messages.

Is there a way to remotely lock the account through Mobile Alerts in case of suspicious activity?
                              No. If you'd like to secure your account, you may wish to add an authenticator.

How is the Battle.net Mobile Alerts service different from the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator?
                              Mobile Alerts will provide you with informational messaging regarding the security of your account, while the Battle.net Authenticator is designed to act as a barrier between a would-be compromiser and your account.

Can I use the same mobile device for Battle.net Mobile Alerts and the Battle.net Mobile Authenticator?
                              Yes, both services can be used on the same mobile device simultaneously
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I got in on wave #4 about a week ago.
                                My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

Working...
                                X